Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear

Quote Originally Posted by duke09hms View Post
    I LOVE these hats. We are Duke, the most dominant basketball program of the modern era. Why not bling it out in gold and all caps - NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. Nothing to be ashamed of. Not a fan of the flat brim but definitely got myself a NATIONAL CHAMPIONS hat.
    There is a curved brim version if it isn't too late for you to change your order.

Has anyone seen a place where you can order a championship poster? After 2001 and 2010 I picked up special posters, thought it was from the goduke stores but I'm not seeing anything...

Quote Originally Posted by mcwp98 View Post
    I believe they make a new one when the team wins a championship? I have one from 2010, the same one as in this auction. I'd be interested to hear if anyone can get their hands on one for this year.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...CLID=204943368
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke Shane View Post
    Has anyone seen a place where you can order a championship poster? After 2001 and 2010 I picked up special posters, thought it was from the goduke stores but I'm not seeing anything...
    I was wondering the same thing, I imagine they'll do one?

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    They were handing out cans of Coke Zero with "Congratulations" and the Duke logo on them as we exited Lucas Monday night. I wouldn't be surprised if those show up for sale in Durham soon.

The game tickets were scanned and left intact. I assume that most people who attended will want to keep those, but there may be some fans not affiliated with the four participating schools who would be willing to part with theirs for a price. (You might want to ask them to throw in their seat cushion if they kept it.)
    SG, the cans say "I saw the Blue Devils win...", so I'm going to assume that they were specifically for handing out at the stadium after the game, and won't be the same as those that are likely to be sold later.

IMG_1228.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rifraf View Post
    They were giving away commemorative Coke Zero cans as we left the stadium. Two different ones; one of them is just for the game in general and the other has a Duke logo on it. I believe we have two sets. I'm not sure what we're going to do with them but if I end up with an extra set I'd be happy to try and find away to get them to you if you are interested.

The hats are terrible. I usually get a hat if we win a Natty and a shirt for ACC championships. I think I'll be getting a shirt for this one (I actually like the scissor shirts) and will keep my 1K hat as this year's ball cap. Those gold ones are terrible.

Especially disappointing is that the official Coach's hats are the same gold atrocities with a curved bill. In 2010 they were a completely different design than the gray flatbill ones the players got.
    Rifraf - or anyone else! - please let me know if you have cans you are willing to Part with. I will certainly pay you a fair price

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    SG, the cans say "I saw the Blue Devils win...", so I'm going to assume that they were specifically for handing out at the stadium after the game, and won't be the same as those that are likely to be sold later.

IMG_1228.jpg
    Thanks for detail. Let me know (Pm?) If someone wants to sell one of these they handed out at the game! I would be interested !

BLUE DEVIL5 shirts

Quote Originally Posted by dukerev View Post
    I loved the shirt with Blue Devil5 on it, but it has apparently sold out at fantatics. Has anyone seen it anywhere else?
    I logged in to ask the same question. I put one in my cart on the NCAA site last night, went to add some more swag today and was informed it had been discontinued and removed from my order.

If anyone knows where I can get one, I'd appreciate it.

( example: http://acc.teamfanshop.com/COLLEGE_D...Fitted_T-Shirt )

blueDevil5shirt.jpg

SI Cover

I received an email today & I will be ordering this. I have the other four and it sure lights up my little office here at home.

http://www.sicovers.com/Product.aspx...ncaa-2015-duke

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Rifraf - or anyone else! - please let me know if you have cans you are willing to Part with. I will certainly pay you a fair price
    I have 6 unopened and 3 emptied, but I would not sell them to DBR members. They will be given to some DBR faithful and others as gifts, in the spirit of what we do with extra tickets that we sell to each other at face value. I wish I had an extra one for you, as a member, as I recognize your handle.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by dukerev View Post
    I loved the shirt with Blue Devil5 on it, but it has apparently sold out at fantatics. Has anyone seen it anywhere else?
    I haven't seen it anywhere else. I literally put in my order an hour after the game and was able to get it. In 2010, I waited until the next morning to buy the shirt I wanted and it was sold out.

I bought the Blue Devil5 shirt for my 7-year old daughter and one for myself.

I ordered Monday night and the first of my order shipped today.

Quote Originally Posted by duke09hms View Post
    I LOVE these hats. We are Duke, the most dominant basketball program of the modern era. Why not bling it out in gold and all caps - NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. Nothing to be ashamed of. Not a fan of the flat brim but definitely got myself a NATIONAL CHAMPIONS hat.
    Man I'm glad I'm not the only one...was starting to think something was wrong with me. I like it especially as a display hat, one I can leave out with my duke posters, SI covers, etc.

Speaking of which, did SI announce their hardcover special edition national championship magazine like they do? or is it just going to be the standard magazine as the only option?
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

Quote Originally Posted by wsb3 View Post
    I received an email today & I will be ordering this. I have the other four and it sure lights up my little office here at home.

http://www.sicovers.com/Product.aspx...ncaa-2015-duke
    is this just the cover page or is it actually the duke championship special like they've done in the past?
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    I have 6 unopened and 3 emptied, but I would not sell them to DBR members. They will be given to some DBR faithful and others as gifts, in the spirit of what we do with extra tickets that we sell to each other at face value. I wish I had an extra one for you, as a member, as I recognize your handle.

ricks
    Ricks thanks for the sentiment. That's very kind of you! Sincerely, GoFurman

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevil View Post
    Man I'm glad I'm not the only one...was starting to think something was wrong with me. I like it especially as a display hat, one I can leave out with my duke posters, SI covers, etc.

Speaking of which, did SI announce their hardcover special edition national championship magazine like they do? or is it just going to be the standard magazine as the only option?
    This. Same question here - some years they just have the regular' standard magazine...but some years (2010?) they add a special edition too. If they do both I would like to know so I can get both. If anyone sees a 'special edition' SI please let us know Thank you

There should be an SI special, but it hasn't been announced yet.

I ordered the bound version of the 2010 one and it kept getting delayed and eventually cancelled. They sent a postcard saying that the hardbound version will not be produced and refunded me. Now, if you go on the SI back issues page, you can order a hardbound 2010 special...
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevil View Post
    is this just the cover page or is it actually the duke championship special like they've done in the past?
    This is just the cover page.

Speaking of gear, this new Duke Blue Planet video is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaDukie View Post
    Speaking of gear, this new Duke Blue Planet video is awesome.
    I want every single thing in this video. I'm a 2X in the t-shirts/jerseys and shorts/pants, XL in the jackets and the polo shirts.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    I want every single thing in this video. I'm a 2X in the t-shirts/jerseys and shorts/pants, XL in the jackets and the polo shirts.
    HA! I just told my wife the exact same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    There should be an SI special, but it hasn't been announced yet.

I ordered the bound version of the 2010 one and it kept getting delayed and eventually cancelled. They sent a postcard saying that the hardbound version will not be produced and refunded me. Now, if you go on the SI back issues page, you can order a hardbound 2010 special...
    Maybe it wasnt SI but someone in 2010 made a 'harder' cover edition magazine that was solely about Duke winning the title I think. Might not have been Sports Illustrated though I thought it was them that did it. I have it at home. I have both the SI regular edition magazine and then whatever I am referring to (I am not at home right now to look). The regular SI magazine in 2010 was about Duke but then other articles too obviously - the one they mail to your house and hits newstands. But then I have something that I think is a blue tint that is a slightly more firm binding. Does anyone know what I am referring to?? I think it has all 5 starters and K on the cover. (as opposed to the standard SI magazine which had John Scheyer jumping on the cover I think)

again, sorry - I am not at home to look...