Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear

talk about unimpressed

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    I've been thoroughly unimpressed with the official Nike shirts. The scissor theme reminds me of a salon advertisement.
    Those regional and championship hats are the absolute worst. I cannot fathom anyone I know who would buy one of them. If they're trying to appeal to a younger demographic, they didn't have to be so tacky in their attempts.

Agree Completely

I've been thoroughly unimpressed with the official Nike shirts. The scissor theme reminds me of a salon advertisement.
    Who thinks of this stuff? Thinking of this

http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Duke...rt_-_Duke_Blue

which I guess is not in the Duke store.

SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post

SoCal
    I like that one but I think I prefer this one.

SoCal
    The Duke Store usually has way more apparel than they put online. So, your best bet is to check it out if you are in the area and able. You'll be surprised what you can find.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

I'd like that a lot more if they didn't use the silly 2nd/3rd round games that they're getting rid of next year.

Please let me know if anyone sees bottles (Pepsi coke) with Duke 2015 National Titles. Thank you!!!! Also any Unused mint condition tickets (not torn) from the champ and semifinal games I would be interested in purchasing.

Also, Anyone - do they tear the ticket stubs at the games or just scan them now to leave the ticket untorn?????

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Please let me know if anyone sees bottles (Pepsi coke) with Duke 2015 National Titles. Thank you!!!! Also any Unused mint condition tickets (not torn) from the champ and semifinal games I would be interested in purchasing.

Also, Anyone - do they tear the ticket stubs at the games or just scan them now to leave the ticket untorn?????
    They did not tear the tickets, just scanned them.

I went on campus today for the Welcome Home Celebration, and made my way to the Bryan Center to check out the gear. There's tons there, I know that. Upon further looks on Fanatics, there's a lot there too.

I'm big on the whole "shirts & hats" part of winning the title, and after they won the regional, I said, "if the Natty Champs hat is better looking, I'll get one."

Needless to say, I won't be spending $30 on that blingariffic gold hat.

They were giving away commemorative Coke Zero cans as we left the stadium. Two different ones; one of them is just for the game in general and the other has a Duke logo on it. I believe we have two sets. I'm not sure what we're going to do with them but if I end up with an extra set I'd be happy to try and find away to get them to you if you are interested.

The hats are terrible. I usually get a hat if we win a Natty and a shirt for ACC championships. I think I'll be getting a shirt for this one (I actually like the scissor shirts) and will keep my 1K hat as this year's ball cap. Those gold ones are terrible.

Especially disappointing is that the official Coach's hats are the same gold atrocities with a curved bill. In 2010 they were a completely different design than the gray flatbill ones the players got.

They were handing out cans of Coke Zero with "Congratulations" and the Duke logo on them as we exited Lucas Monday night. I wouldn't be surprised if those show up for sale in Durham soon.

The game tickets were scanned and left intact. I assume that most people who attended will want to keep those, but there may be some fans not affiliated with the four participating schools who would be willing to part with theirs for a price. (You might want to ask them to throw in their seat cushion if they kept it.)

Quote Originally Posted by rifraf View Post
    They were giving away commemorative Coke Zero cans as we left the stadium. Two different ones; one of them is just for the game in general and the other has a Duke logo on it. I believe we have two sets. I'm not sure what we're going to do with them but if I end up with an extra set I'd be happy to try and find away to get them to you if you are interested.

The hats are terrible. I usually get a hat if we win a Natty and a shirt for ACC championships. I think I'll be getting a shirt for this one (I actually like the scissor shirts) and will keep my 1K hat as this year's ball cap. Those gold ones are terrible.

Especially disappointing is that the official Coach's hats are the same gold atrocities with a curved bill. In 2010 they were a completely different design than the gray flatbill ones the players got.
    50 dollar can on ebay now.

Somewhat off-topic from national championship gear, but one of the N&O photo threads had a cool pic of a guy in a simple blue-and-white "DUKE FOOTBALL? HELL YES DUKE FOOTBALL!" t-shirt* that neither Duke Stores nor the Duck Shop shows online. Anybody know if one can be gotten?

* This is not the one that can be found online featuring a pic of Cut as well. Don't really dig the design of that one.

Just bought a Coke Zero can on eBay for $18, has to be the most expensive soda I've ever purchased

Everything I've bought so far has come from fanatics, great website, bought the t shirts, pennant and 'official' poster. Got on the Tervis website and got the official tumblers and water bottles earlier, they're awesome and I have a 15% coupon code if anyone wants it PM me. I'll be down in Durham this weekend and plan on getting the wool schedule banner if they're out yet. Also does anyone know if the basketball office will be putting out an official championship poster this year?

Quote Originally Posted by firstpost View Post
    Anyone else get the signed team posters this year? You may be able to purchase those still. Not exactly championship swag, but still Duke swag.
    I believe they make a new one when the team wins a championship? I have one from 2010, the same one as in this auction. I'd be interested to hear if anyone can get their hands on one for this year.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...CLID=204943368

There's a bunch on there now .final four and championship.

I like the dbr banner shirt, but it doesn't say DUKE on it. I live in Texas. People here need details.

Quote Originally Posted by diablesseblu View Post
    Those regional and championship hats are the absolute worst. I cannot fathom anyone I know who would buy one of them. If they're trying to appeal to a younger demographic, they didn't have to be so tacky in their attempts.
    I LOVE these hats. We are Duke, the most dominant basketball program of the modern era. Why not bling it out in gold and all caps - NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. Nothing to be ashamed of. Not a fan of the flat brim but definitely got myself a NATIONAL CHAMPIONS hat.

Quote Originally Posted by duke09hms View Post
    I LOVE these hats. We are Duke, the most dominant basketball program of the modern era. Why not bling it out in gold and all caps - NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. Nothing to be ashamed of. Not a fan of the flat brim but definitely got myself a NATIONAL CHAMPIONS hat.
    Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I think those hats are terrible. I was embarrassed for the kids having to wear them after the game. They remind me of a late 90s P.Diddy/Puff Daddy/Sean Combs video.

Quote Originally Posted by mcwp98 View Post
    I believe they make a new one when the team wins a championship? I have one from 2010, the same one as in this auction. I'd be interested to hear if anyone can get their hands on one for this year.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...CLID=204943368
    My girlfriend called the basketball office and they said they were not sure whether there would be another signing, but they took her name and number and said they would give her a call if it happened. In case anyone is interested.

I'm guessing there will be.

SoCal
    Don't forget about the Duck Shop, they have a new and bigger store on Ninth Street. http://www.theduckshop.net/