Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Gear

I just called the Duke Store in regards to purchasing a piece of the championship floor, as I have done in years past. They said that it should be available in 1-2 weeks, based on the information she had. I just wanted to update the thread for those of you who, like myself, are looking to add to the collection of NCAA Championship floor pieces.

Don't quite know what to say...

That's just not quite right!

Somebody needs to take a switch to the designer of that gear.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Tyus was indeed a light's-out shooter.

Flooring?

Just wanted to bump this to the top and see if anyone has an update on the flooring. 2010 didn't take this long for it to be for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by matts83 View Post
    Just wanted to bump this to the top and see if anyone has an update on the flooring. 2010 didn't take this long for it to be for sale.
    I haven't seen/heard anything. Agreed it's taking a very long time if they are even going to do it already!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I called the store today, and they let me know that the floor would not be offered this year for purchase. I'm really bummed out about this, as it would have looked great beside the 2001 and 2010 pieces I have. Just wanted to pass along an update in case anyone else was like myself and still waiting for the release.

Quote Originally Posted by jcannon View Post
    I called the store today, and they let me know that the floor would not be offered this year for purchase. I'm really bummed out about this, as it would have looked great beside the 2001 and 2010 pieces I have. Just wanted to pass along an update in case anyone else was like myself and still waiting for the release.
    Any reason why? I wonder if they are saving it for a fundraising drive or some other purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by jcannon View Post
    This also happened in 2001, when they advertised pieces of floor for the sale at the store (not too different from the 1997 Cameron floor that will be sold in perpetuity). I even paid for one in advance. They were supposed to be signed by Shane, Nate, and J.D. Simpson. Something happened related to problems signing the floor and all of the orders were cancelled.

So, no SI commemorative, no floor...disappointing.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Majorly bummed. That stinks!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'