Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tfk53 View Post
    I can sleep tonight!
    You can?! I wish I could. My pulse and blood pressure are through the roof!

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Beem View Post
    You couldn't see the ball deflect.
    Spot on. If he'd have touched it, the trajectory or spin would have changed.

Now, could it have brushed Winslow? Sure, but you can't change the call based on what's possible, you have to see something that changes your mind.
    Last edited by TNTDevil; 04-06-2015 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    On that replay of the ball going out of bounds

Did anyone have the Cake song in their head?

"With fingernails that shine like Justise's"
    No, I was too enraged that they didn't call Koenig for a foul.

It has been an absolute pleasure watching this team. . .

. . .I've been a Duke fan since 1988 (when I was accepted) and I can't believe how lucky I've been. Thank you to one of the most enjoyable teams I've seen, to Coach K for a coaching job for the ages, to Amile Jefferson, Grayson Allen, and TYUS JONES--and all the players.

Woohoo!

What a game. Grayson Allen was the catalyst, Tyus was the fuel. Incredible.

And during the post-game celebration, I think the hug between Jefferson, Winslow and Plumlee would have crushed a normal human.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Well I didn't see it live, but his finger buckled under the ball on all those slo-mo replays. I mean, I'm glad the officials didn't have the same angle apparently, but of course won't say it changed the outcome, though you know others will.

What a phenomenal outcome. Still can't wrap my brain around it really. I think I was more pumped after we beat UNC just because this isn't sinking in. Crazy awesome.
    No offense but...huh? Breathe deep and let it sink IN!!!

Congrats

Allen is a beast, and Duke exploited Wisconsin's bigger flaws. They always had trouble against strong guard play and got caught again. Congrats.

That ball was obviously off Winslow on the replays, and up until that very last shot, I felt strongly that you couldn't see it well enough to overturn it. But the last angle slo-mo was clear as day. Does it matter? Not to me.

Allen was the most important player this game to me. Tyus Jones hit a lot of big shots, but Allen singlehandedly saved this game in the middle of the second half. It was an insane performance, and his hustle on defense was equally impressive. I loved his game and his passion tonight. Can't wait to watch him next year.

This was one of Coach K's best seasons. He molded a poor defensive team into a pretty dominant defensive team by tournament time.

Glad Okafor's season didn't end with him on the bench for the last several minutes, cause if I were Coach K it very well might have. But Okafor gave us that big push out of the final TV timeout, so I guess Coach knows what he's doing.

What a great team to watch. Gonna miss watching some of these guys next year.

Quote Originally Posted by TNTDevil View Post
    Spot on. If he'd have touched it, the trajectory or spin would have changed.

Now, could it have brushed Winslow? Sure, but you can change the call based on what's possible, you have to see something that changes your mind.
    The spin did change. It was off Winslow. But Koenig fouled him, so...

:shades down:

Justise was served.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!grayson!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!!????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tyusSTONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!????!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ILOVEYou ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a game. What a team. What a coach. Grayson and Tyus. So happy. Quinn gets his natty.

Grayson Allen... I don't know what to say. Love that kid.

Does Okafor even need the ladder?

Anyone have a link to the net cutting ceremony and/or postgame press conference? They're not showing it on TV here in the UK.

Still trying to catch my breath! Grayson was the game changer, he was the spark for the comeback. National Champions!

Oh, and whoever called the 'Grayson as Andre' in the final gets all the sporks I can offer. Reply to claim your prize...

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    You can?! I wish I could. My pulse and blood pressure are through the roof!
    I had minor heart surgery about two weeks ago! I did not care - it was such an exciting game I watched it with vigor.

Hats off to Wisconsin - a great opponent and a well coached team.

What is great to see about Allen is not just that he scored 16 points. He is a great athlete, and asserted himself in the biggest game of all - showing his athleticism.

Duke was so good to me in my younger days. I can't say enough good things about these kids, who just made me even more proud of Duke than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by cptnflash View Post
    Anyone have a link to the net cutting ceremony and/or postgame press conference? They're not showing it on TV here in the UK.
    Live postgame press conference will be here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwIJsSq0jnc

Kenny Smith said it best... The best 4 freshman this year were in Durham, not Lexington.

Best Duke freshman class ever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    No, I was too enraged that they didn't call Koenig for a foul.
    That and then some.
    Windy City Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Poor Okafor not getting even a mention from Coach K. I kinda feel bad for him.
    What?! You think Jah even cares about that? I doubt it