Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Going?

Quote Originally Posted by HCheek37 View Post
    They haven't announced it publicly yet, if I get the tickets I ordered (payment is pending on my credit card), I'll let you know what sections. Each team got 3250 tickets after player guest/family tickets.

Duke's team hotel should also be available in the coming days. Always good to go see them off before the game and if there is any celebration to be had, that usually continues all night in the team hotel. (In 2010, we stayed til 4am and celebrated with many fans, former players and some of the team)
    Sounds incredibly low considering the stadium seats 70,000...Where do the rest of the tickets go? Were they available directly through the NCAA beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Sounds incredibly low considering the stadium seats 70,000...Where do the rest of the tickets go? Were they available directly through the NCAA beforehand?
    Yes, the 400s were prob available. The rest, except for schools, likely to GM, Capital One, CBS, Glow-In-The-Dark Cat Hats, Inc., NABC, on and on and on.
    Benjamins talk, babeee.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Who's Going to the Crane Bay for the pregame party? It would be great if we could put together a DBR section. It seems that a bunch of you may know each other already. I know I would love to meet the people behind the folks I feel are watching the games with me and keeping me informed of all the angles that I am missing.

I got the land package in addition to tickets through Iron Dukes that some family friends hopped on. Flying into Chicago and renting a car for the 3 hour drive to Indy on Friday Morning.

See you guys there.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Flying into DC on Friday

Driving to Annapolis that night.
    Have hotel, very easy to get.

Need game tickets.

SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    Driving to Annapolis that night.
    Have hotel, very easy to get.

Need game tickets.

SoCal
    Thanks for the info, Mars.

Has anyone bought tickets through the NCAA Ticket Exchange? It says it's the authorized way for people to buy and sell tickets but just wanted to see if anyone has used it before. Tons of tickets listed there, albeit at a much higher cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Utley View Post
    Who's Going to the Crane Bay for the pregame party? It would be great if we could put together a DBR section. It seems that a bunch of you may know each other already. I know I would love to meet the people behind the folks I feel are watching the games with me and keeping me informed of all the angles that I am missing.
    We are planning on going to Crane Bay after seeing the team off from the hotel. Hopefully some more posters will be there as well!

For all those who are going, if you need the team hotel information, send me a message - I don't want to post it publicly to prevent other team's fans from pulling the fire alarms or asking for 3am wake up calls
    Last edited by HCheek37; 03-31-2015 at 10:01 AM.

A nice Indy visitors' guide.

-jk

We will be at Crane Bay -- moi, my daughter and my grand-daughter. It sounds better than last time, when we had the event at the minor league ballpark -- and it was frigid outdoors.

See you all there -- Sage
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

FYI: The team is leaving today at 4:00PM from Cameron. Feel free to come if you're in the area to send off the team!

boycott

If anyone is boycotting the Final Four because of the new law Indiana passed I will be glad to accept your tickets. UCONN coaches will not be attending either.

I wanted to buy 3 tickets using the Ticket Exchange, but most tickets are sold in multiples of 2. The options available for quantities of 3 were over $600 each. I was able to find a quantity of 4 for $400 each in section 610, which is the upper bowl along the sideline. Since 4x$400 is cheaper than 3x$600, I purchased them. I was a bit surprised with the 18% service fee, but I didn't see any cheaper options. Now I have an extra ticket. If there is anyone that wants a single ticket, I would be happy to sell it for what I paid for it. I don't see any single tickets for that cheap at this time. PM me if interested.

Can anyone recommend any places to park around Lucas Stadium?

I will be arriving in Indy about 30 minutes in advance of the tip, thanks to a commitment I can't break, so any tips on where I can sneak into a parking garage somewhat quickly would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Can anyone recommend any places to park around Lucas Stadium?

I will be arriving in Indy about 30 minutes in advance of the tip, thanks to a commitment I can't break, so any tips on where I can sneak into a parking garage somewhat quickly would be greatly appreciated.
    When I went in 2010, there were plenty of lots around. It was around $20, I recall -- "expensive" for Indy standards, but not out of the ordinary for many of us. Here is a map of parking:
    http://www.lucasoilstadium.com/parking.aspx

I would think that parking this time will be more challenging, however. I recall surface lots along West/Capitol/Illinois streets. If you want to reserve a spot ahead of time, try SpotHero or Parkwhiz.

BlueDog,

You're my hero. I just reserved a spot 2 blocks from the stadium. You're the best.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Just remember the game is not in the Annapolis.
    Yeah. Another state. Mars didn't mention about there were also a few others in between.

As I was poking around on the Final Four site for some information, I ran across this year's policy for bringing in bags. Ladies, parents, and camera lovers, you're not going to like this. Pretty much all bags are forbidden:

FinalFourBags.jpg

Prohibited are backpacks, purses, camera bags, binocular bags, fanny packs, seat cushions, diaper bags, and printed plastic totes. You can bring in clear bags or small clutch purses 5.5"x8" and smaller. The NCAA will provide clear plastic bags that will be available at a number of locations (Fan Fest, each entrance at the Stadium, downtown hotels, etc). This policy is in effect for most NCAA venues in addition to the Lucas Oil Stadium, like Fan Fest. The nice guy at the NCAA Fan Hotline confirmed that all we need to do is juggle our stuff from the car to the stadium and we'll have a free, approved tote bag to put it in when you get there.

I'm glad I found this out before we got there, otherwise we'd have had to run several purses and a couple of camera bags back to the car. Now we know not to even pack them.

The nice guy at the NCAA Fan Hotline also confirmed for me that those of us wanting to bring cameras, they are allowed as long as there are no lenses exceeding 4" long. The camera bag, he reiterated, is not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
    As I was poking around on the Final Four site for some information, I ran across this year's policy for bringing in bags. Ladies, parents, and camera lovers, you're not going to like this. Pretty much all bags are forbidden:

FinalFourBags.jpg

Prohibited are backpacks, purses, camera bags, binocular bags, fanny packs, seat cushions, diaper bags, and printed plastic totes. You can bring in clear bags or small clutch purses 5.5"x8" and smaller. The NCAA will provide clear plastic bags that will be available at a number of locations (Fan Fest, each entrance at the Stadium, downtown hotels, etc). This policy is in effect for most NCAA venues in addition to the Lucas Oil Stadium, like Fan Fest. The nice guy at the NCAA Fan Hotline confirmed that all we need to do is juggle our stuff from the car to the stadium and we'll have a free, approved tote bag to put it in when you get there.

I'm glad I found this out before we got there, otherwise we'd have had to run several purses and a couple of camera bags back to the car. Now we know not to even pack them.

The nice guy at the NCAA Fan Hotline also confirmed for me that those of us wanting to bring cameras, they are allowed as long as there are no lenses exceeding 4" long. The camera bag, he reiterated, is not allowed.
    The NFL instituted this a few years ago. I had to run back to the car and missed kickoff. My wife's purse was something like a half inch too large. They had a measuring tape they broke out to check it.

I'm in! Got 2 tickets for the 324 section for all sessions --- this is just slightly to the right of behind the basket. Can anyone comment on whether this will be an OK view?