Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Justin Anderson appendectomy - out indefinitely

Could possibly return for S16/E8 (if the procedure was laproscopic), but unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    Could possibly return for S16/E8 (if the procedure was laproscopic), but unlikely.
    Wow, very bad news for Cav Country. Sorry to see this.

Get well soon.

That's bad news, indeed. Best wishes to Justin for a speedy recovery.

On a good note, UVa has shown the ability to win without Anderson, albeit their ceiling may be a bit lower now.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Wow, very bad news for Cav Country. Sorry to see this.

Get well soon.
    Now everyone on our board is looking for every miracle appy recovery story they can find... LOL.

Interesting that the best one seems to be none other than your own Grant Hill, who returned to the court just 13 days after his procedure in 2008. Rothlisberger also got back in 2006 after 15 days. Seems like a stretch, but maybe we could get him back for the second matchup of the first weekend after all.

Still, seems close to 100% that he'd miss the conference tourney in it's entirety, which I'd guess is a huge boon to Duke's win probability (and 1-seed probability).

My appy was terrible. I sure hope he got the laproscopic procedure. Poor kid!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Now everyone on our board is looking for every miracle appy recovery story they can find... LOL.

Interesting that the best one seems to be none other than your own Grant Hill, who returned to the court just 13 days after his procedure in 2008. Rothlisberger also got back in 2006 after 15 days. Seems like a stretch, but maybe we could get him back for the second matchup of the first weekend after all.

Still, seems close to 100% that he'd miss the conference tourney in it's entirety, which I'd guess is a huge boon to Duke's win probability (and 1-seed probability).
    Yeah, but Grant just grew back another one. He was a freak.

(Didn't he have like six toes on one foot or something?)

That's a huge bummer. The only silver lining is that UVA has gotten used to playing without him and hasn't lost yet. It would have been worse if he went out for the first time right now. The rotation is set, they are on a pretty long winning streak, etc.

A real shame. I hope he comes back soon as possible and that UVa keeps winning (against everyone except Duke).

I echo the sentiments of disappointment for the potential impact on a great team. Oddly enough, this story from yesterday was the first news result that came up for Justin Anderson.

I was in the hospital for 8 days from my appendectomy...talk about the suck.

Wishing him a speedy and complete recovery.

Sorry to hear this bad news for Justin and the Cavs. A couple of positives to take from all this is your defense has still been very good without Justin and you have been playing without him for pretty good stretch now. I hope he get's back quickly. GoDuke!

I wish him a speedy recovery. We both have big road games remaining in the regular season. It will be interesting to see what type of impact this injury has on NCAA seedings. If we both win our final regular season game, I'd love an ACC championship rematch with UVA for the #2 overall seed.

Rumor has it we have a pretty good medical center associated with our favorite university. Maybe he could transfer to Duke for a second opinion, faster healing times.

^
    (kidding, of course)

Wishing him well. We know the appendectomy story. Have him give Bob Bender a call.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Horrible news. Best of luck to him.

Ouch. I hope that the surgery went well and that he'll recover quickly. Sounds like two weeks is a reasonable time frame for returning to sports after this procedure. So the ACC tournament is unlikely, but perhaps the NCAA tournament will be okay.

Still, that's a lot of rust to shake off. Bad timing. Hope he's okay, and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Do The Hoo's have vigils?

I remember arriving in Greensboro for my first ever ACC Tourney --- so so SO excited. In the corridor I ran into a dear Chapel Hill friend who happened to be a born and bred Tarheel. We had a great relationship and good natured rivalry riddled with good hearted practical Tarheel/Blue Devil practical jokes. (Yep, it's possible --- or at least it was back in the day.) He met me practically busting at the seams to tell me that Bob Bender had been admitted just that afternoon to Duke Hospital for an emergency appendectomy. (Just the sort of thing he'd try to get me to believe and freak out over.) I didn't trust him as far as I could throw him, waved him off in spite of his palms-up insistence that he was telling the truth, and went to my seat. When the Devils came out on the floor, I still didn't believe it ... even when I didn't see Bender warming up. I figured it was just some sort of delay that my friend was taking advantage of just to scare me. Just the same, I started woofing down popcorn more nervously than usual.

Finally, they introduced the starting lineups. My fear was realized. No Bob Bender.

All the females in our family were crestfallen at the thought of not seeing him play that night, for we all had crushes on him -- even though every single one of us was either too young or to old for him. I told him that once and his reply was "That's the story of my life."

Wherever you are Bob, we all still have our old crushes. And we bet you had a really cute appendix even if it was problematic.
    Love, Ima

Sorry to hear this.

Reminds this old timer of Bob Bender going down with appendicitis at the 1979 ACC Tournament, which factored in the loss to the Heels in the ACC finals and an early NCAA exit.

Best wishes to Mr. Anderson, and I hope you make it back for NCAA tourney action.

**hah, as I was preparing this, Ima recalled Bender's untimely appendectomy, too.
    Last edited by roywhite; 03-05-2015 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Rumor has it we have a pretty good medical center associated with our favorite university. Maybe he could transfer to Duke for a second opinion, faster healing times.

^
    (kidding, of course)

Wishing him well. We know the appendectomy story. Have him give Bob Bender a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    I remember arriving in Greensboro for my first ever ACC Tourney --- so so SO excited. In the corridor I ran into a dear Chapel Hill friend who happened to be a born and bred Tarheel. We had a great relationship and good natured rivalry riddled with good hearted practical Tarheel/Blue Devil practical jokes. (Yep, it's possible --- or at least it was back in the day.) He met me practically busting at the seams to tell me that Bob Bender had been admitted just that afternoon to Duke Hospital for an emergency appendectomy. (Just the sort of thing he'd try to get me to believe and freak out over.) I didn't trust him as far as I could throw him, waved him off in spite of his palms-up insistence that he was telling the truth, and went to my seat. When the Devils came out on the floor, I still didn't believe it ... even when I didn't see Bender warming up. I figured it was just some sort of delay that my friend was taking advantage of just to scare me. Just the same, I started woofing down popcorn more nervously than usual.

Finally, they introduced the starting lineups. My fear was realized. No Bob Bender.

All the females in our family were crestfallen at the thought of not seeing him play that night, for we all had crushes on him -- even though every single one of us was either too young or to old for him. I told him that once and his reply was "That's the story of my life."

Wherever you are Bob, we all still have our old crushes. And we bet you had a really cute appendix even if it was problematic.
    Love, Ima
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Sorry to hear this.

Reminds this old timer of Bob Bender going down with appendicitis at the 1979 ACC Tournament, which factored in the loss to the Heels in the ACC finals and an early NCAA exit.

Best wishes to Mr. Anderson, and I hope you make it back for NCAA tourney action.

**hah, as I was preparing this, Ima recalled Bender's untimely appendectomy, too.
    Harruummph.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.