Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

WBB: Duke 81, Carolina 80 (Senior Night)

UNCheat comes to Duke. Duke beat 'em at Carmichael in OT earlier this season. ACC tourney seeding at stake. With a win, Duke gets the double bye. With a loss, Duke gets first day bye only. UNCheat might achieve one bye with a win, depending on the outcome of other games tomorrow. Neither team is firing on all cylinders right now, but both teams get going in the rivalry game.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 03-01-2015 at 05:12 PM.

Wow. Not even one response?

The women play the Heels TOMORROW. (actually I looked at the clock and they're playing this afternoon). Nobody can muster "Beat the Cheats?"

Let's Go Duke!

Two big wins in cameron in two big days!
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by AIM4excellence View Post
    The women play the Heels TOMORROW. (actually I looked at the clock and they're playing this afternoon). Nobody can muster "Beat the Cheats?"
    Elizabeth Williams final regular season game should be sufficient reason for Cameron to be sold out. She deserves the support.

The game today worries me since out last 2 outings have been sub-optimal. Hopefully, everyone will be fired up to beat the Holes. Little to no advertising for the game in the Durham area, so there probably won't be a big crowd. Plus, we have freezing rain this morning, which will keep some folks away from Cameron.

GTHC!!!!

Five of us coming from Greensboro to show appreciation for the seniors! All you Dermites oughta get there, too! Sylvia's is better so we can show appreciation to her for being the only worse dresser than Lady Gaga.

Go Duke!!! And, as always, GTHC!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

After two bad losses where we didn't compete as hard as the opponent, the best way to honor the seniors is to win every 50/50 ball. We need a win today and two wins in Greensboro to lock in home court for the first weekend of the NCAA tournament. Let's do this.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Looking forward to a hard fought game. I'll be watching on TV, but I hope to see Cameron packed. (With the right color blue.) Someone above mentioned ACC tourney seeding, this also has huge impacts for the Big Dance. Win, and we'll stay to host at home. Lose, and we'll be elsewhere.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

as usual, i will be on TV, too, but am also hoping for a big turnout. don't let the CHeaters be louder than us!!!

Honoring of seniors happening right now!

Four seniors and their families are walking out onto the court right now to receive their senior honors. 9 minutes to tipoff on ESPN. Hopefully the Texas/West Va game will end on time so we get to see the tipoff.

BEAT THE UNCheats!

Quote Originally Posted by AIM4excellence View Post
    Four seniors and their families are walking out onto the court right now to receive their senior honors. 9 minutes to tipoff on ESPN. Hopefully the Texas/West Va game will end on time so we get to see the tipoff.

BEAT THE UNCheats!
    Alas, it is in overtime right now. Hope the seniors are getting a lot of crowd support.

Slightly off-topic quibble: Why does the ESPN site only list women's basketball under the heading "More Sports"?

I'm not suggesting the other sports they specifically provide page links to are unworthy, but surely they have banner space to provide a link to at least ONE women's sport directly from the home page rather than having to click "more sports," like it's poker or horse racing.

I am loathe to call out officiating, but I have NEVER seen such incompetence. Our girls are being (wo)man-handled down low, BOGUS call on Amber screen, BOGUS call on Elizabeth for second foul (the first was crap also). The Cheats calling for a technical on Kendall.

Extremely frustrating half. We get a 3-pointer negated by the first bogus call on Elizabeth. They bank in a 3. I love what Kalia has done for this team, but that second foul with more than 12 minutes left in the half was not bright.

Those fouls on Elizabeth were awful.

As for the rest of our turnovers...I've heard offense is overrated. Though UNC doesn't seem to think so.

We need to come up with some good adjustments for the second half (and then execute them well).

Down 11 at the half

Duke got skunked by UNCheat in the first half - with some help from the officials. Several very bad calls going against Duke - especially on EWill. I disagree with how long EWill sat after that bogus call that went against her. Ka'lia not doing anything right out there. Bunch of goose eggs across her stat line, 1 TO, 2 fouls (and they were correctly called).

Carolina lighting it up from outside 7-11 in the 1st half. They just pass to shift the zone and first open player shoots it. If not for Azura', we'd be down a whole lot more. EWill getting man handled and with those two bogus foul calls, and sitting on the bench, not able to put much on the scoreboard.

Kendall Cooper lucky her second foul was not ruled a flagrant after close review by officials. It could have gone either way but I think they made the right call, leaving it as a simple personal foul.

Oh, that coast to coast by Elizabeth right now would have been so gorgeous if she had funished.

Also, the decision not to give Kendall a flagrant was correct; the UNC player flopped pretty majorly.

7-0 run right now!

Huge run!

Quote Originally Posted by GGLC View Post
    Huge run!
    that's one way to start the half. sheesh. not watching yet until the uconn game is done, but kinda wish i was
    April 1

Is Sylvia Hatchell trying out for a role on Buck Rogers revival show or what?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

I hope those missed free throws don't came back to bite us.

Love to see UNC losing composure with its turnovers.