Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    All I have to say is thanks so much for a great career, Mr. Cook. I was proud to have you to cheer on. Sorry you never got your ACC title. Hope you can be content settling for a ring. ;^)

No way this should be below page 1.

Quinn, Duke Nation thanks you for four years of representing Duke with your unique style.
    It has been an honour to watch you play.

You will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    All I have to say is thanks so much for a great career, Mr. Cook. I was proud to have you to cheer on. Sorry you never got your ACC title. Hope you can be content settling for a ring. ;^)
    Perhaps he can rest on his laurels for a few.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    With 21 points over the weekend, Quinn is now up to 1528 points and 28th on the Duke all-time scoring list. With his 3 assists, Quinn is now tied with Wojo for eighth in career assists with 505 and now has 235 career three-pointers for eighth on Duke's career list. Very impressive career at Duke, so far.
    Duke's co-captain award winner, co-free-throw award winner and co-MVP added to his impressive career on championship weekend with 23 points to finish at 28th on Duke's all-time list with 1551 career points, 4 more assists to pass Danny Ferry for 7th all-time with 509 career assists and another 3-pointer to finish eighth all-time with 236. Oh, and he also captained the team to a Regional Championship and a National Championship. I would call that a pretty successful career at Duke.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    No way this should be below page 1.

Quinn, Duke Nation thanks you for four years of representing Duke with your unique style.
    It has been an honour to watch you play.

You will never be forgotten.
    Thanks for bumping this. Quinn's four years represent an amazing story on so many levels.

So his plan for next year? The last draftexpress evaluation listed Quinn as something like the #82 prospect in this year's NBA draft, so he's likely to go undrafted. Will he seek workouts with NBA teams? Does he want to play professionally next year? Maybe see how the draft goes then look at other basketball opportunities? I'm sure there's a pro job out there for him somewhere, but I don't know his plans for the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Thanks for bumping this. Quinn's four years represent an amazing story on so many levels.

So his plan for next year? The last draftexpress evaluation listed Quinn as something like the #82 prospect in this year's NBA draft, so he's likely to go undrafted. Will he seek workouts with NBA teams? Does he want to play professionally next year? Maybe see how the draft goes then look at other basketball opportunities? I'm sure there's a pro job out there for him somewhere, but I don't know his plans for the next few months.
    Sorry to say I can't remember where now, so no link, but I definitely saw a recent interview with Quinn online in which he said he was aiming for the NBA and that is what he would be working on next. So it sounds like he will probably seek workouts, see if he can get a summer league contract, etc. If that doesn't pay off then I guess he will make a decision about d-league versus playing abroad, but it sounds like he certainly intends to pay professionally if he can.

And PS--thanks, Quinn, for everything. You have been one of my favorite players since you arrived. So glad you went out on top, in every way.

Echo everyone's sentiments. Will be weird not seeing Quinn in Duke Blue next season. Kid came a loooong way in his 4 years. I remember his freshman year, literally being angry anytime he was out on the court. His leap from freshman year to sophomore year was inspiring, as he became a steady point guard presence on a national title contending team. After a strange season as a junior and the ominous possibility that his role would be drastically reduced this year as a senior, he stepped up in such an awesome way. Not sure many players have had the career arc that he's had, but I'm sure he'll be tremendous role model to any other kids who might come in to Duke as a young stud, struggle initially and get down on themselves. I look forward to following Mr. Cook's path over the coming years, whether in basketball or out. Who knows? Maybe he'll put that theater degree to good use!

Quote Originally Posted by theschwartz View Post
    Echo everyone's sentiments. Will be weird not seeing Quinn in Duke Blue next season. Kid came a loooong way in his 4 years. I remember his freshman year, literally being angry anytime he was out on the court. His leap from freshman year to sophomore year was inspiring, as he became a steady point guard presence on a national title contending team. After a strange season as a junior and the ominous possibility that his role would be drastically reduced this year as a senior, he stepped up in such an awesome way. Not sure many players have had the career arc that he's had, but I'm sure he'll be tremendous role model to any other kids who might come in to Duke as a young stud, struggle initially and get down on themselves. I look forward to following Mr. Cook's path over the coming years, whether in basketball or out. Who knows? Maybe he'll put that theater degree to good use!
    Agree. It was not so much as arc as it was an S-shape, as you describe. The closest that comes to mind is Chris Duhon, who peaked somewhat and showed much promise as a freshman (Quinn was a sophomore, in his case), but who never really got it all together again, as a star, until his senior year.

QC's speech is up on GoDuke. Best 15 minutes you will spend on the internet this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    QC's speech is up on GoDuke. Best 15 minutes you will spend on the internet this weekend.
    Agree with that--it was an awesome speech. I especially liked the part where he said Coach Scheyer was his idol when he (Scheyer) was playing for Duke--except that Quinn thought he could have passed it to Nolan a few more times!

Blue Planet Vault

As if I needed anything else to illustrate how strongly Quinn felt about his experience, I stumbled across a video on Duke Blue Planet that really caught my attention. The video was taken as the team stood on the presentation stand after the game waiting for the first showing of "One Shining Moment". It's really not an especially high quality video, but what stood out for me was the fact that almost all the team was smiling, laughing, or otherwise looking excited just like you'd expect them too - except for Quinn, and you could see the tears coming down his face for most of the video. His emotional reaction was very different than his teammate's.

I'd link it, but when I went back and looked for it, I couldn't track it down. I'll poke around some more and see if I can find it again. Watching it was especially touching.

Any updates on what steps Quinn is taking toward next year and how things look?

Quote Originally Posted by Ggallagher View Post
    As if I needed anything else to illustrate how strongly Quinn felt about his experience, I stumbled across a video on Duke Blue Planet that really caught my attention. The video was taken as the team stood on the presentation stand after the game waiting for the first showing of "One Shining Moment". It's really not an especially high quality video, but what stood out for me was the fact that almost all the team was smiling, laughing, or otherwise looking excited just like you'd expect them too - except for Quinn, and you could see the tears coming down his face for most of the video. His emotional reaction was very different than his teammate's.

I'd link it, but when I went back and looked for it, I couldn't track it down. I'll poke around some more and see if I can find it again. Watching it was especially touching.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8trAlp4LUs

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Thanks for the link. One shining moment - be reverent. Coach speaks and team responds.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Must be some dust in the air here, or the scent from chopping onions or something.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”