Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    I guess I had mixed feelings about the episode. I really enjoyed how it ended (and was shocked), and watching Chuck spiral into manic madness...but...the spiral was way, way too fast. He had gotten better. He was handling things. He had a good therapist. He had a good strategy. He smoked HHM, and seemed a bit sorry by it, but just a bit.
    I disagree. I think he was not better: he simply was doing a better job of hiding it. But they would have some subtle hints, like the electric hum noises, and Chuck was clearly bothered by things like his immersion blender or phones.

And Howard characterized Chuck as beating HHM, but I don't think Chuck saw it that way. When Howard announced Chuck was leaving, the look on Chuck's face suggested he was humiliated and defeated. The smiles and handshakes walking down the stairs were an act.

When he got home, he was alone and with HHM taken away from him, he no longer had purpose. It is completely believable that he would end the facade of being competely well and regress rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by Udaman View Post
    Jimmy finds out that Chuck left his stake in HHM to...HHM. So Jimmy gets nothing (and HHM gets all of their money back). Big middle finger from the grave.
    Or maybe Chuck died without a will, with Jimmy taking as the next of kin, or Chuck drafted the will himself and Jimmy contests it on grounds of incompetence.

I agree with gus, and I think Jimmy growing a conscience at the last second is even more believable than Chuck's spiral. Prior to his manipulations of Irene and her friends, Jimmy had never really scammed anyone who didn't deserve it (including the music store owners and the community service boss), and I had actually thought that he was transforming too fast with his shenanigans with Irene and friends. Udaman, the only reason Jimmy was desperate for money was because he insisted on still paying his half of the dual-solo-practitioner law practice despite being suspended from practicing law. Kim's car accident finally knocked some sense into him. (As an aside, male ego seems to be a huge theme of the BCS/BB universe).

It is interesting, though, that Jimmy seems to believe Kim's motivation to over-work was solely to cover for his half. I think her guilt over their humiliation of Chuck at the bar hearing and also her knowledge that she only has the Mesa Verde account because Jimmy doctored documents play a role. Chuck's death is going to hit her very, very hard next season.

Since the secretary had been able to reschedule the meeting Kim was thinking about the possibility of meeting the deadline after all, but then gave it up after looking at her calendar. Maybe I got distracted, but what was the reason for this, and why did she then get all those DVDs to watch?

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    Since the secretary had been able to reschedule the meeting Kim was thinking about the possibility of meeting the deadline after all, but then gave it up after looking at her calendar. Maybe I got distracted, but what was the reason for this, and why did she then get all those DVDs to watch?
    She decided to relax and heal instead.

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    Kim realized she was falling back into the pattern of behavior that led to her car accident.

Season 4 started yesterday. Loved that Mike actually snuck in and did the job that he was on paper hired for instead of just enjoying his laundered money without lifting a finger.

Mike: "You wanted me to talk. I talked."

Respecting the audience... I liked how the show didn't explain why Gus chose the second engineer over the first one. If we know our characters Gus and Mike and how careful they are, we should know that they wouldn't appreciate the first engineer blabbing about a previous job that he did. The second engineer also seemingly had more respect for the complexity of the job and how difficult it would be to keep the construction a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Wasn't a fan of Breaking Bad. Saul hasn't been all that entertaining either.
    I tried to get into Breaking Bad...but couldn't. I realize that puts me (I guess you and I) in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I tried to get into Breaking Bad...but couldn't. I realize that puts me (I guess you and I) in the minority.
    It's not for everyone, that's for sure. How far into BB did you get? It's one of those shows that keeps getting better as it goes on. For me, it's one of the top 5 modern TV series.

BCS is very slow moving, and if you haven't seen BB I can see not getting into it.

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    It's not for everyone, that's for sure. How far into BB did you get? It's one of those shows that keeps getting better as it goes on. For me, it's one of the top 5 modern TV series.

BCS is very slow moving, and if you haven't seen BB I can see not getting into it.
    We binge watched BB the last year it was on and have been watching BCS since it came on. I think we’ll all grow old waiting for Jimmy to become Saul. Is this season 3 or 4 now? Sheesh! Get a move on already!

isnt that laundry the one we saw in B.B. where they set up the meth lab? I love Mike’s character.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    We binge watched BB the last year it was on and have been watching BCS since it came on. I think we’ll all grow old waiting for Jimmy to become Saul. Is this season 3 or 4 now? Sheesh! Get a move on already!

isnt that laundry the one we saw in B.B. where they set up the meth lab? I love Mike’s character.
    "You wanted me to talk. I talked."

The "Piñata" scene last night was one of the better scenes in BCS and BB... And that's saying a heck of a lot.

While they're putting together that nice lab, they might want to make sure they have a good software package to track their shipments.
    Just saw today a Texas prison got a donation of bananas, and hidden in the boxes was $18 million worth of cocaine...(ok, cops exaggerate, maybe a few million worth, who knows?)
    Someone will be getting a severe timeout...

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I thought it was interesting that Kim seems hesitant to take the Schweikart job offer. In discussing it with Jimmy at the end of the episode, she (seemingly) randomly brought up the fact that she had influenced Jimmy to change course and take the Davis & Main job (that he now loathes) because prior to that, he was happy floating in pools, satisfied that he had everything he needed and was ready to embark on a fulfilling (to him) career as a grifting lawyer.

Her comment would be a non-sequitur, except that maybe she means that she is now considering passing up her dream job at Schweikart due to Jimmy's influence. Why would that be, though? Two possibilities:

(1) The boring possibility. Kim just flat out doesn't trust Schweikart. The timing of the job offer is too coincidental, and no matter what he says now, Kim believes she will be pressured to help out on Sandpiper. She does have knowledge of something damaging, and that is the fact that Jimmy solicited clients on that Sandpiper bus, an act that could disbar Jimmy. Kim doesn't want to place herself in a position where she might be pressured to betray HHM or Jimmy.

(2) The more fun possibility. The Jimmy side of Kim -- the one that loves the grift as much as he does -- is winning out. Saul Goodman will emerge at the end of this season, and he will have a partner. The law firm of Goodman & Wexler, and Season 3 will be about the hijinks they get into as they build up their practice.

Anyhow, Mike was awesome in this episode. The carbon paper under the welcome mat. Sniffing out which room the intruders were in and luring them out with the TV. Threatening Tio Salamanca to get his $50K.
    Haha, a prediction I made 2.5 years ago that looks like it could come to fruition soon. (Although I suspect Kim will stay with Schweikart while running cons with Jimmy and not officially go independent to partner with Jimmy).

That was the best episode of the season so far, with Kim "breaking bad" (sort of). What a delightful con they pulled on the DA.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Haha, a prediction I made 2.5 years ago that looks like it could come to fruition soon. (Although I suspect Kim will stay with Schweikart while running cons with Jimmy and not officially go independent to partner with Jimmy).

That was the best episode of the season so far, with Kim "breaking bad" (sort of). What a delightful con they pulled on the DA.
    As Jimmy was talking to Kim, the longer he went on, the more certain I was what Kim would say...that line absolutely made the episode, and brought so much more depth to some of the decisions she made earlier in the season.

And there it is, transformation complete. Kim's face in the last 2 minutes was priceless, she should get an Emmy nod for that sequence alone. I had to go back and watch her again.

It's all good, man.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    And there it is, transformation complete. Kim's face in the last 2 minutes was priceless, she should get an Emmy nod for that sequence alone. I had to go back and watch her again.

It's all good, man.
    Totally agree- it's been a slow burn show, so I wasn't expecting fireworks. But the two story lines concluding - Kim finally realizing Jimmy has transformed to Saul, and Mike having to execute Werner... the acting was phenomenal.

So, what was the moment of transformation from Jimmy to Saul?

1. The committee rejects Jimmy's choice/he rants to her outside the office.
    2. Jimmy's subsequent break-down in the car.
    3. Jimmy realizes he needs to switch tactics during the hearing and pulls a heartstrings con while explicitly telling his audience he is not going to try pulling on heartstrings.
    4. Jimmy says he won't be practicing under the name McGill and breaks Kim's brain.
    5. Other

I think it's number three.