Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm gonna be a daddy!!

Scary thought, I know. I'm excited though. Got to see the little bundle of joy yesterday, and he/she even did a little dance for us. Man, this is cool.

Due date: April 21.

Wooohooo!!!!

Congrats And Good Luck

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations and best wishes!

Congrats. My little girl will be three in March (yes I have a birthday party during the NCAA tournament every year for the rest of my life), and my life has never been the same.

I heard it said before I had my little one that "life will never be the same after you have a kid." I now get it, and you will soon as well!

Congrats again! You have some exciting times ahead.

Congratulations! It's a very cool ride and the best opportunity for personal growth you will ever have.

The first 5 years are the most important part of your child's life. Spend as much time with him/her as possible and you will bond to each other in such a way that they will be much better equiped to resist the peer pressure nad negative influences of their school mates.
    The Gordog

Congratulations! Our little Ella is just five months old. I'm having a great time being a daddy. It will change your life for sure. Certain things just won't matter as much anymore. You'll find yourself wanting to hang out with your child more than your friends.

I recommend reading the book, Baby Wise. It has helped us greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chard View Post
    I recommend reading the book, Baby Wise. It has helped us greatly.
    Congrats Feldspar! Being a husband and father is the most rewarding part of my life. Enjoy the journey. We have 3 children. 3 year old boy-girl twins and a 1 year old boy. I echo what Chard said about Baby Wise. The book was a lifesaver in helping us manage the twins' sleeping schedule. It took them about 7-8 weeks before they started sleeping through most of the night, but more importantly, their sleep schedules were synchronized very soon after bringing them home from the hospital.

Thumbs up Have a cigar/lollipop

Good for you. Congratulations.

Congratulations Feldspar!!

Please do your best to make sure that Little Feldspar's first words are GO DUKE!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Congrats, Lavabe!

By the way, a Ms. Derby of a financial firm Derby & Derby____, answered the phone today re: my request for their new address. She was British, so of course she probounced it Darby. Cool!

Congrats! Be sure to put a referee's whistle in the crib.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Congrats.

The first couple years are the hardest. Except for the next couple. And the ones after that. ;-)

Seriously, you're in for a great ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Congratulations Feldspar!!

Please do your best to make sure that Little Feldspar's first words are GO DUKE!

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Rock and Roll. The greatest days are birth and the day they go out on their own. Birth as the beginning of a great journey for you and out on their own as the beginning of a great journey for them. You get to thrill in each one.

Congrats - on the joyous occasion!

Congratulations! Wonderful news! Yes, your life is about to change forever...in ways you can't even guess at yet...it is a hell of a ride enjoy every second of it...take nothing for granted! It seems like it was only a few years ago that my daughter was a 3 lbs premmie...she turns 20 next month.
    Windsor (aka Loni)

a wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age

Uh oh, a little Fiasco!

Congrats and best wishes.

Congrats!! and watch out!

My daughter (Duke '01/ JD USC '04) is the love my life. BUT...look out for the Terrible Two's, the Fearsome 4's...and those early teen-tween-ager years. WOW!

So much luck/love to you and your family. At its worst, motherhood or fatherhood is the best thing on the planet. At its best, we soar like eagles. Blessings!!!

Congrats! But beware: they grow up so fast you'll wonder where the years went!

Two words of advice: Video Camera.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Congrats!

Oh, yeah, I forgot to add: Sleep? You don't need no stinkin' sleep.

-jk

Hey thanks, all. I really appreciate it. I'm just so stoked and want to shout it from the rooftops. You guys are great.

This kid's gonna be the biggest Duke fan on the planet.