Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Don't be so hard on your team. One loss does not mean it's over. Go beat the Cheaters. GoDuke!
    I certainly don't think it's over. I said they still might prove to be a final four caliber team. In this past week, people I've come across have been rushing to proclaim that UVA is elite, and I've been telling them them there's no reason to conclude that until we see how they do against Duke/UNC/UL. Fact is, UVA started this season ranked #9 in the polls and projected to finish 4th in the ACC based on losing two very valuable seniors - and have ascended to #2 largely based on a tough but not spectacular schedule that optimized their efficiency numbers. I thinks it's just as likely those preseason expectations prove spot on as it is that UVA exceeds those expectations. It's only just turning to February, where we really learn who the real contenders are.

I certainly don't want to take anything away from Duke - that was an extremely clutch performance to close out the game when they easily could have folded. The ACC is wide open right now - and ultimately I think that's a great thing.

very kewl of the hoos to have that class...don't mind seeing you in the ACCT, don't care to see you after that...

now, go hulk on the heels and SMASH!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

UVA my second favorite team in the ACC.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by jhmoss1812 View Post
    Congrats on the win Duke. Impressed by your poise and toughness. You guys hit some big shots down the stretch and were the better team tonight. Hope we get to see you again, in the ACCT or NCAAT. Good luck the rest of the way.
    Thanks and much props for coming on here after a tough loss for your guys and having the class to congratulate our Blue Devils. Major props for that. Deserving of trident point.

I have mad respect for Bennett, the program he is building and this UVA team. An epic game between two heavy weights and in the end Duke just made a few more big plays and hit a few more big shots. Our 3's down the stretch were huge, especially against such a stalwart defense.

Thanks much for your classy post.

How refreshing to have gotten a win over a tough and clean opponent. UVA did themselves proud. Kinda reminds me of the way the ACC used to be. (sigh) Our old rivalry with the heels doesn't seem as shiny as it used to be. We always want our opponents to be first rate so that a hard fought win really means something.

The Devils and the Cavs did each other favors tonight. We needed a big win and now the Cavs don't have to go around wondering if they'll realize when one is slipping away. They'll be ready next time.

Congrats to both sides. Go Duke!
    Love, Ima

Congrats on the win Duke. Impressed by your poise and toughness. You guys hit some big shots down the stretch and were the better team tonight. Hope we get to see you again, in the ACCT or NCAAT. Good luck the rest of the way.
    Thanks for that very classy message. Really enjoy watching your team, so well coached, getting the most out of everyone. Good luck the rest of the season.

Thanks for the post, very classy. I can tell you that one of the reasons I'm so excited about this win is because of the amount of respect I have for UVa right now. For the second straight year, you guys are playing great. Good luck going forward and beat UNC-Cheats on Monday!

To the Hoos up in Hooville, I still think you guys match-up best with the Bluegrass Cats. Keep ya head up.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Don't be so hard on your team. One loss does not mean it's over. Go beat the Cheaters. GoDuke!
    Yeah, who would ever say "it's over" after one lost game?

Seriously, being the "hunted" team takes some getting used to, but I think Virginia is likely up for it--they are a high character team with a great coach. I think the #1 seed is still well within reach.

And thanks, as others have said, to UVa fans for being so gracious on this board.

what's the best "Hoo's" board?
    ...mad respect for them...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Good game, you have a really fine team, and they showed great class. Nothing but respect for you the rest of the way.

New Rivalry

I feel that there is new rivalry brewing between two high class schools with great "student" athletes. Tony Bennett is the next great coach! I hope this is the beginning of some great games in the future. It's always nice to play teams that demonstrate great heart and sportsmanship!

Thanks for the congrats

Nice to have fans from other teams post here in a classy way! UVa is a very good team and I think will go further this year than last. (Hope so.)

Tip of the cap to your sportsmanship and to your team. The Cavs are gonna be hell to deal with all season long. Tony Bennett is one helluva coach and I'm happy he's a part of the ACC. He's is the best thing to happen to the Cavalier program since Terry Holland. Good luck the rest of the season and until we meet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillduck View Post
    I feel that there is new rivalry brewing between two high class schools with great "student" athletes. Tony Bennett is the next great coach! I hope this is the beginning of some great games in the future. It's always nice to play teams that demonstrate great heart and sportsmanship!
    This would be nice.

Virginia's the kind of foe you want to have.

Thanks for the post but im not going to repeat what others have said and hope to see ylu in the ACC tourney or the NCAAT. I hope we dont have to play VA again when they have revenge on their minds.

It takes a lot of character to post on a rival board, especially when leading up to a game like this and even higher character to post after a loss. It's been very educational and enlightening reading thoughts/evaluations of your team over the last few days. Please come back for more visits and discussions for the rest of this season and many more to come. Two more items: 1) Send c*rolina to hell 2) Consider nominating/suggesting Bennett to coach the US National Team. I think he'd make a great successor to K. He's a fabulous coach.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.