View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 69-63 win over UVA tonight?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jahlil Okafor

0 0%
  • Amile Jefferson

0 0%
  • Justise Winslow

27 20.45%
  • Quinn Cook

41 31.06%
  • Tyus Jones

64 48.48%
  • Marshall Plumlee

0 0%
  • Matt Jones

0 0%
  • Grayson Allen

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. Virginia (Jan 31, 2015)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 69-63 win over UVA tonight?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Oh man. This one is tough between Tyus and Quinn...

And Justise was in the conversation before the boneheaded flagrant.

I picked Tyus just for that dagger 3, but Quinn was just as deserving.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Yea I voted for Quinn just to try to make it a tie between the two!!!

I think Grayson deserves some credit for some good minutes that didnt hurt us at all.

Yes. However, the main difference was OaK changing from awful to OK.

Quote Originally Posted by AIRFORCEDUKIE View Post
    Yea I voted for Quinn just to try to make it a tie between the two!!!

I think Grayson deserves some credit for some good minutes that didnt hurt us at all.
    Uh, he didn't do much of anything.

- near turnover
    - missed a 3
    - decent defense, but 2 fouls in limited minutes

This was not a Grayson Allen game. He'll be better against a team like ND.

Very tough one to decide.

Can I vote for Tyus Cook or Quinn Jones? No? Darn. Okay, I'll vote for Tyus Jones.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Tyus gets the chicken (Holly Farms variety) for the stone cold three, and the unbelievable pass to Winslow under the basket, among other things. Cook and (earlier) Winslow should get a piece of the bird, too.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Tyus gets the chicken (Holly Farms variety) for the stone cold three, and the unbelievable pass to Winslow under the basket, among other things. Cook and (earlier) Winslow should get a piece of the bird, too.
    OMFG forgot about that Jones pass. Best pass I've seen from a Duke player since the alley oop from Hurley to Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    My God, that pass. What *was* that?

If it weren't for Winslow's attempt at the figure 4 on Justin Anderson, I might have voted for Winslow. But that was unacceptable behavior.

Thankfully, UVa only got 2 points out of it, and even more thankfully our guards started hitting those open 3s.

This game was gonna come down to whether or not we could hit enough open 3s. For a while, it didn't look like we would hit any. Then, we decided to stop missing any.

Holy smokes! Justise was integral! Give that man the game ball. One tough Playa!

Whatevs I think he was protecting himself. But I'm not looking for a fight.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I was torn between Tyus and Quinn, decided to go with Quinn after a coin flip. Nice problem to have tonight though!

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Very tough one to decide.
    Impossible to decide - Winslow appears to be back, Cook our leader, but I voted for TJ. Last shot just stupid good.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    If it weren't for Winslow's attempt at the figure 4 on Justin Anderson, I might have voted for Winslow. But that was unacceptable behavior.

Thankfully, UVa only got 2 points out of it, and even more thankfully our guards started hitting those open 3s.

This game was gonna come down to whether or not we could hit enough open 3s. For a while, it didn't look like we would hit any. Then, we decided to stop missing any.
    The key to this season will be if Duke can hit open threes, because then it will force teams to decide whether to guard the 3 or double Jah. They can't do both effectively.

The key to this season will be if Duke can hit open threes, because then it will force teams to decide whether to guard the 3 or double Jah. They can't do both effectively.
    Yup. When we are shooting well, we are VERY hard to beat. As tonight showed against one of the absolute best defenses in the country on their home floor!

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post

I agreed with the call, but I don't agree with your assessment of Justise's play there. Re-watch it and you'll see Anderson inadvertently come very close to stomping on Winslow's nuts. He tried to protect himself then held on. Not a dirty play, not bad behavior. Stupid, yeah, but he carried us until we were able to start making shots.

This game goes to Winslow
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Holy smokes! Justise was integral! Give that man the game ball. One tough Playa!
    Tyus Jones clearly gets it but don't forget about Okafor. His defense and hard fought rebounds down the stretch was remarkable. UVA had no easy shot in the last 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    I agreed with the call, but I don't agree with your assessment of Justise's play there. Re-watch it and you'll see Anderson inadvertently come very close to stomping on Winslow's nuts. He tried to protect himself then held on. Not a dirty play, not bad behavior. Stupid, yeah, but he carried us until we were able to start making shots.

This game goes to Winslow
    Eh it was borderline dirty regardless of intent.

I understand protecting the jewels, but he bear hugged his leg. I think it was more about frustration boiling over from not getting the call on the drive (which I thought he deserved to get, too).

Justise

Without Justise in the first half we would have been losing bad at the half. He had some fine athletic plays, and led the team in rebounds.
    I do believe he got his groove back.