View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 77-68 win over St. Johns this afternoon?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jahlil Okafor

2 1.23%
  • Amile Jefferson

1 0.62%
  • Justise Winslow

0 0%
  • Quinn Cook

15 9.26%
  • Tyus Jones

45 27.78%
  • Rasheed Sulaimon

0 0%
  • Matt Jones

2 1.23%
  • Marshall Plumlee

97 59.88%
  • Grayson Allen

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If Marshall doesn't come in then we lose by 20. Seriously.

He stopped the whole running out after a Duke miss situation - which in turn slowed the game down for our guards. All Marshall.

He also eliminated the triple teaming on Oak.

Great show by all.

Fist

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    If Marshall doesn't come in then we lose by 20. Seriously.

He stopped the whole running out after a Duke miss situation - which in turn slowed the game down for our guards. All Marshall.

He also eliminated the triple teaming on Oak.

Great show by all.
    This is what Coach K means when he uses his fist analogy... Marshall was the defensive hero; Quinn was the leader hero; Tyus was the scoring hero; Matt was the heart hero; and on and on. They played way below their capability for the middle 20 minutes, then when Marshall came in, the wind changed. I was looking at the scoreboard and we were down by 10... and then I realized we had a lead. AMAZING! What a fitting way to go to 1K!
    DukeDevilDeb

it took a FIST

---- but Marshall was the difference.

Modern Day Twin Towers?

The game turned once MP3 and Jah were on the floor at the same time. MP3 was a beast on the boards and helped Duke get the stops it needed to start the comeback run.

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 77-68 win over St. Johns this afternoon?
    Michael Krzyzewski.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

LT3
    During one sequence he took the ball away from 3 St. Johns players on a defensive rebound
    #ArmyStrong

I'm going with Quinn. He decided that the team wasn't going to lose and provided the inspiration to everyone else.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    I went with Marshall as I just think he played a very large role in the win today, a key role, maybe the key role, without a lot of minutes or stats, though I think he had like 5 rebounds. Had MP3 not played such a key role, I would have voted for Tyus who just yet again, came up big in a big game. He has developed quite a knack for that. So shout out to Tyus for a really great game. His 3 to make it 72-65 sealed it.

Shout outs to Quinn and Jahlil as they helped Tyus carry the load offensively. Honorable mentions to Amile, Matt, and Rasheed.

Great coaching by the Master and congrats to him and his program for 1K. Awesome achievement.

Great day for the Duke Blue Devils.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    I went with Marshall as I just think he played a very large role in the win today, a key role, maybe the key role, without a lot of minutes or stats, though I think he had like 5 rebounds. Had MP3 not played such a key role, I would have voted for Tyus who just yet again, came up big in a big game. He has developed quite a knack for that. So shout out to Tyus for a really great game. His 3 to make it 72-65 sealed it.

Shout outs to Quinn and Jahlil as they helped Tyus carry the load offensively. Honorable mentions to Amile, Matt, and Rasheed.

Great coaching by the Master and congrats to him and his program for 1K. Awesome achievement.

Great day for the Duke Blue Devils.
    Jah makes the whole thing go. It's always Jah. He is the most incredible freshman basketball player that I have ever seen. If we would get him the ball even more, we would all sleep better at night.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

So many heroes, hard to pick just one. Quinn was great, MP3 certainly gave us a much needed spark, as did Matt Jones. But my vote goes to Tyus Jones, for his clutch shots that helped us inch away from a scrappy, talented, (and dirty) St John's team.
    MP3 needs more playing time with Jahlil. Having the two big guys out there at the same time disrupts the other team's inside game.
    At the same time, we need Winslow's skills and Amille's grit too. But it's not for me to doubt the Master.
    1000 wins!

If I could have voted for all five of Plumlee, Jones, Jones, Cook, and Okafor, I would have. I went with Plumlee, but the other four deserve a lot of credit too.

I voted for Tyus Jones, "as our freshman point guard goes so our team goes" However, MP3 and Quinn Cook get major points for toughness down the stretch. Also, how nasty was that cross over step back 3 by Quinn!!! That was my favorite play of the season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Marshall yes. But I kept my bad words to a minimum so I'm feeling good about me.
    Yes, weezie, I have to agree--you kept a positive attitude in chat when some of us were faltering--and in the end you were proven right. Good for you!

Marshall all the way. I've been waiting for that lineup to show itself. May need it against the likes of Kentucky. He changed the dynamic. If you double or triple team Jah with Marshall in there - he is big enough for the guards to find & when they are concerned with both of our bigs getting easy baskets - guard penetration & dish gets easier. Also much harder for the opponent to dribble drive with guys that size on either side of the basket.

/
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedev_92 View Post
    Marshall all the way. I've been waiting for that lineup to show itself. May need it against the likes of Kentucky. He changed the dynamic. If you double or triple team Jah with Marshall in there - he is big enough for the guards to find & when they are concerned with both of our bigs getting easy baskets - guard penetration & dish gets easier. Also much harder for the opponent to dribble drive with guys that size on either side of the basket.
    I love MP3 and I agree with everything you just said. The only problem is, 9 of 10 times the ball is passed to Marshall, he panics. Off of rebounds, he seems to handle the ball a lot better. But, when it's in the flow of the offense and a nice pass from someone, there's a good chance it's going to bounce off of him and redirect somewhere. That's the moment when I'm flashing back to that popular scene from Necessary Roughness - "Don't throw it to Stone Hands!!!"

I'm going with Quinn....there was a point where duke needed to land a serious punch to the face, and Q landed a SOLID right !!!!

....that 3 was HUGE....it said "we are DUKE"...

my man...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by duke blue brewcrew View Post
    /

I love MP3 and I agree with everything you just said. The only problem is, 9 of 10 times the ball is passed to Marshall, he panics. Off of rebounds, he seems to handle the ball a lot better. But, when it's in the flow of the offense and a nice pass from someone, there's a good chance it's going to bounce off of him and redirect somewhere. That's the moment when I'm flashing back to that popular scene from Necessary Roughness - "Don't throw it to Stone Hands!!!"
    Right now, 93 posters do not agree with you. If you look closely at every Duke player, you can find one, two or three negatives in their games. I do agree MPIII needs to be stronger with the ball. GoDuke!
    I apologize to you duke bluecrew. I see where you voted for Marshall. GoDuke!
    Last edited by jv001; 01-26-2015 at 04:26 PM. Reason: going blind, or getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Right now, 93 posters do not agree with you. If you look closely at every Duke player, you can find one, two or three negatives in their games. I do agree MPIII needs to be stronger with the ball. GoDuke!
    I apologize to you duke bluecrew. I see where you voted for Marshall. GoDuke!
    I love MP3 and yes, I voted for him. I just wish he had better hands, that's all. His athleticism, focus and intensity are not in question. His ability to catch a pass in the flow of the offense and make a basket is. He did come up with a beautiful hook shot recently that I was very impressed by. I would love to see him do more of that - a 7' with a hook shot is a dangerous weapon! I would love to see him convert some lob opportunities. He has the leaping ability and 0' shots take some of the difficulty out of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by duke blue brewcrew View Post
    /

I don't think he panics. I think he just has bad hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Jah makes the whole thing go. It's always Jah. He is the most incredible freshman basketball player that I have ever seen. If we would get him the ball even more, we would all sleep better at night.
    Really?

Weird, because Jabari Parker is the best to ever play at Duke.