Seinfeld Test (another time waster!)

Think you can find all of the nothings that make up Seinfeld? At the link below is a poster full of images that represent Seinfeld catchphrases, sayings, nicknames, and other Seinfeld memories. Use your Seinfeld knowledge and find all 38 Seinfeld memories

http://www.tbs.com/stories/story/0,,96893,00.html

Rarely watched the show, didn't particularly find it funny... I mean it was pretty consistently funny when nothing else was on, but just not enough for me to care for it. Am I the only one here?

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    Rarely watched the show, didn't particularly find it funny... I mean it was pretty consistently funny when nothing else was on, but just not enough for me to care for it. Am I the only one here?
    Good God man, are you nuts?

A few weeks ago I caught the "Jerkstore" episode and was literally incapcitated for several minutes the tears of laughter streaming down my face.
    The Gordog

For you Seinfeld fans, if you're not watching Curb Your Enthusiasm, you are missing out. The season opener last week was hilarious, although last night's wasn't quite as funny, it was still entertaining.

jerkstore

Ahh, the jerkstore episode, one of many classics. I'm definitely a huge seinfeld fan.

seinfeld

"Moops ... Moors ... Moops! ... Moors! ... MOOPS! ...MOORS! -- Come quick, he's killing the Bubble Boy!"

"I'm Master of my domain!"

"How could you trade Jay Buhner?"

Kramerica industries ...

"You kept making all the stops?" ... "Well, people kept pulling the cord!"

(from the same episode) "How can you not know Bozo?"

"Newman!"

"Mulva!"

"Serenity now"

"Yada ... yada ... yada"

"Mendlebaum ... Mendlebaum ... Mendlebaum!"

"A Festivus for the rest of us!"

God, so many scenes -- Kramer, Costanza's father and the Maestro playing pool in their underpants ... Elaine's dance ... Jerry getting caught making out during Schindler's List ... Kramer with the Merv Griffin set ... George, trying to get the frogger game across the street ... Elaine wearing the Orioles hat to Yankee stadium ... the whole episode where George does the opposite (including telling off Steinbrenner) ... Anything with J. Peterman (especially the Suzie episode) ... anything witb George Steinbrenner ... Jerry racing Duncan for Lois' sake ... and poor, tragic Susan (I had a terrible crush on her).

Sorry some of you didn't like it, but I agree with TV Guide -- the best sitcom ever.

Love the Sein!

Yeah...I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with ya there. This show was unbelievably funny to me. Hc5 - I read through the other thread here about favorite shows and I see that we're both fans of "The Office", "MNI Earl", and "30 Rock", so I don't see how you aren't a big Seinfeld fan.

I don't think that there's a day that goes by that a Seinfeld reference doesn't run through my mind or come out of my mouth. Quick story - I recently had an accident with a table saw where I cut off the tip of my thumb. When my wife got to the emergency room, one of the first things she said to me was, "Hey, maybe they can give you a toe-thumb." I did NOT find it funny at the time, but appreciated the attempt, nonetheless.

I think part of the reason I enjoyed the show so much was that there was this whole secondary cast of characters that were just as funny as the "Seinfeld 4". For instance, you had: Puddy, Peterman, George's Parents, Jerry's Parents, Newman and Uncle Leo (Hello!). Plus, there was even a group of tertiary recurring characters that were funny: Mickey, Mr. Pitt, Banya, Jackie Chiles, Watley, Bob Cobb (I refuse to call him 'Maestro').

Some of my favorite lines:

Uncle Leo: "Why didn't you say hello?"
    Jerry: "Because you were too busy stealing a book!"
    Uncle Leo: "You still say hello."

"We've lost the fat man and we're runnin' lean"

"CO-STAN-ZA!"

"Jimmy's gonna put the moves on Elaine"

"George likes his chicken spicy"

"No...I mentioned the bisque"

"What have you got, a Clarkman?"

"You told my Nana to drop dead?!"

"...not that there's anything wrong with that"

"High five on Coco"

"I think that's the tops!" (Mel Torme)

"You can blow a grand at Disney World like that!"

"Remember...it's not a lie if YOU believe it"

"As far as I can tell, your entire enterprise consists of little more than a solitary man in a messy apartment which may or may not contain a chicken!"

Seinfeld Writers

The thing that amazes me every time is how you could have four totally unconnected plotlines going at once and then in the final scene or two something totally outrageous happens that pulls them all into concert together.
    The Gordog

favs

All-time favorite is the one with Mel Torme and the able mentally-challenged adults.

Second is probably the Soup Nazi:
    "You're Schmoopie!"
    "No, YOU'RE Schmoopie!"

And I loved the Pig Man episode (one of the early ones).

The thing about Seinfeld is that it was ALWAYS funny. There was never, ever a preview that said, "Tonight, on a very special Seinfeld . . ." They made fun of everyone and everything. Never bending from their original idea of lunacy. If you think about it, rarely a day goes by that SOMETHING doesn't happen that you can tie to an episode of Seinfeld. It wasn't a show about nothing, it was a show about EVERYTHING. That's why it deserves the title of best sitcom.

The only disappointment was the finale. It plain sucked. I almost wonder if they made it suck so badly on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    All-time favorite is the one with Mel Torme and the able mentally-challenged adults.

Second is probably the Soup Nazi:
    "You're Schmoopie!"
    "No, YOU'RE Schmoopie!"

And I loved the Pig Man episode (one of the early ones).

The thing about Seinfeld is that it was ALWAYS funny. There was never, ever a preview that said, "Tonight, on a very special Seinfeld . . ." They made fun of everyone and everything. Never bending from their original idea of lunacy. If you think about it, rarely a day goes by that SOMETHING doesn't happen that you can tie to an episode of Seinfeld. It wasn't a show about nothing, it was a show about EVERYTHING. That's why it deserves the title of best sitcom.

The only disappointment was the finale. It plain sucked. I almost wonder if they made it suck so badly on purpose.
    Schmoopie was the same episode as the Soup Nazi?!? See, that's the thing about Seinfeld. Either of these elements would have made a lesser sitcom memorable, every episode of Seinfeld has several elements that rise to rediculous heights of hillarity.

"Hi, Schmoopie."
    "I'm not Schmoopie, you're Schmoopie."
    No, you're Schmoopie."
    "How can I be Schmoopie when you're Schmoopie?"
    "Aw, you called me Schmoopie."
    The Gordog

Seinfeld and Shmoopie

Just a bit of trivia here: Jerry's "Shmoopie" girl is now Mrs. George Stephanopoulos (sp?) in real life.

I bet I've seen every Seinfeld episode at least five times...and then there are the better-known episodes (such as The Contest) which get much more air time than some of the earlier ones. One of my faves, which is seldom shown, is The Old Man---the one where J, E, & G all decide to do volunteer work for the elderly and Jerry is out-matched by the guy assigned to him. With the exception of Kramer, the other 3 mains all remind me of people I've known in the past. Kramer, to me, is just too over-the-top; the more I see of him in reruns, the greater is my urge to slap him. Right now I'm suffering from Seinfeld withdrawal as the station which showed the reruns has shuffled their schedule. I used to be able to watch 3 episodes in a row while I was fixing dinner. I guess a little break will do me good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gordog View Post
    Schmoopie was the same episode as the Soup Nazi?!?
    Yep. Remember, the Soup Nazi is getting angry with them for schmooping in line. Stephanopolous' wife goes off on the Soup Nazi and Jerry pretends he doesn't know her, 'cause he wants some soup.

Well, you and my hub...although he's not a regular here. I don't get it---he can pass by the TV, watch a few minutes of a Seinfeld episode and laugh. Then later on, he'll say he doesn't think the show is that funny. Not to start something here, but I think the two of you are a minority group.

Soup Nazi

The Soup Nazi/Schmoopie episode also introduces those two wonderfully flamboyant gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) thugs, who steal Elaine's chest of drawers (actually it's an armoire? armwar? armouir? ... ah, you see why I said 'chest of drawers'). They re-appear in a couple of later episode (like when Kramer won't wear the red ribbon for the aids walk; also in the Puerto Rican parade). The theft of the armw ... er, chest sets up the final scene after Kramer replaces the stolen chest with one that he gets from the Soup Nazi ... and contains all his recipes ...

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!"

My favorite part of the whole Schmoopie gag is when George tries to show Jerry how repulsive it is being getting cutsie with Susan ... then getting stuck with it when Jerry and his "Schmoopie" girl break up.

Speaking of the Schmoopie girl becoming Mrs. Stephanopolis ... it's interesting how many of Jerry's girlfriends went on to fame and fortune. Jane Leeves (Frazier) was the virgin in "The Contest" ... Teri Hatcher (Lois and Clark) is the girl Elaine meets in the steam room ("They're real and they're spectacular") ... Courtney Cox (Friends) pretends to be Jerry's wife to get free dry cleaning ... Dedee Pfeiffer (Cybill) is the girl George impresses in The Opposite ... Kathy Griffin (News Radio) is the comic with the "Jerry Seinfeld is the Devil" one-woman show ... Wendy Malick (Just Shoot Me) is the doctor who keeps cancelling on George ... Jamie Gertz (ER) is the eavesdropper in "There's nothing wrong with that" ... Lisa Edelstein (House) is the girl who gives George "the tap" ... Debra Messing (Will and Grace) plays Beth in two episodes, including the Yada-Yada-Yada episode (where she gets to deliever one of the great closing lines in sitcom history).

PS Someone mentioned "Curb Your Enthusiasm" for Seinfeld fans ... I agree -- it's like Seinfeld on steroids. If you thought George Costanza was hard to take, wait 'til you get Larry David.

PPS As I watch reruns, one of the things I look for are cameo appearances by Larry David ... I've found him in five episodes, but I'm sure he's in more.

human IMDB

Sorry, have to correct you. Paula Marshall played the college student who "outed" Jerry. Jami Gertz was the phone sex woman that Jerry was dating who "couldn't spare a square."

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Sorry, have to correct you. Paula Marshall played the college student who "outed" Jerry. Jami Gertz was the phone sex woman that Jerry was dating who "couldn't spare a square."
    I was going to point this out, but you beat me to it.