Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I was posting from the perspective of what Miami needs to do to make the NCAAT. I believe that was obvious.
    it wasn't obvious to me...i was trying to figure out why we were (or should be) Miami fans.

We could call it "Salvation Sunday," if the right teams won. But they didn't. maybe doomsday is a little too strong, but you get the idea. Virginia outlasted VT, who came very close to a tying three-pointer at the end. NC State gave up a tying tip-in with a second left en route to an OT lost to ND. state had this game won and couldn't make a play or hold onto the ball.

Not an ACC game, but of interest to Duke nevertheless, but Northwestern lost to Maryland by one point on a last-second tip-in of a missed three-pointer. NW had led the entire game until the last minute. It would have been a great win for Collins' team, which has had some close losses. This month alone, they included an OT loss at Michigan State, a two-point loss at Michigan, and a two-point home loss to Ohio State. Let's hope that some big wins are in the future.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Jahlil Okafor *not* named as ACC Rookie of the Week. *audible gasp*

Tyus Jones and Xavier Rathan-Mayes share the rookie award; Jerian Grant is POW.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Jahlil Okafor *not* named as ACC Rookie of the Week. *audible gasp*

Tyus Jones and Xavier Rathan-Mayes share the rookie award; Jerian Grant is POW.
    This is the fourth time Okafor has not been ROW .. two of those four times were weeks when Duke didn't play. The other two weeks were weeks when Tyus Jones won the award (although this week he shares the award with Rathan-Mayes).