Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Hendo to be suspended?

It didnt look intentional to me, but cbs said it would be a suspension...
    ???

We posted at the same time. I can not believe it - it's just not right.

If even Packer says it's unintentional...

Seems like some questionable officiating to me.

And how about those classy wine and cheese fans making obscene gestures at Henderson on his way out?

Question Henderson incident

All right, I'm on radio and i'm certainly not going to take their word for anything, what happened in the incident that resulted in the ejection?

Also, does that carry an automatic suspension for the first round of the ACC tournament?

It's really a shame something like this has happened. We would never have been in this game without GH. Now this foolishness will overshadow his offense.

Wonder if it is reviewable?

well i dont understand that at all, but it must have hurt alot, he had tears in his eyes...
    should NOT be a suspension, and iirc the suspension is not issued from the game anyway; it is from the leauge office (duke-unc brawl in 03?)

What really bugs me

is not that they disqualifed Gerald (if you only looked at it at full speed, it may not be unreasonable - although even Billy Thacker said said it was unwarrented)
    What pi**es me off is that, with a minute or so left and up by double digits, Carolina was not trying to run the clock out - they were trying to run up the score. I hope that is something we rember

Jim

I love Duke, and i believe Henderson will be a Star!

But that was a brutal foul, I dont believe it was intentional by any means. However, I cant blame the Refs for making the call they did.

That was pretty brutal of the UNC fans, but if someone broke one our better players nose, I dont think i would treat him very nice either..

Go Duke!

Awful Call

That was an awful call. If he wanted to do it on purpose, he would have used his forearm. Now Henderson gets unfairly labeled as a thug for his career.

As a UNC fan, there were 4 things I didn't like about that play (other than Hansbrough's broken nose of course):

1). Hansbrough shouldn't have been in the game.

2). Hansbrough shouldn't have gone up for a dunk.

3). It was an extremely hard foul, but I'm not sure if it was intentional.

4). Dewey Burke should've taken the free-throws, damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tappan Zee Devil View Post
    is not that they disqualifed Gerald (if you only looked at it at full speed, it may not be unreasonable - although even Billy Thacker said said it was unwarrented)
    What pi**es me off is that, with a minute or so left and up by double digits, Carolina was not trying to run the clock out - they were trying to run up the score. I hope that is something we rember

Jim
    Yeah, nothing but class down the stretch from UNC. Playing the starters up 12 with 15 seconds to go. And jacking up a three up 14 with 12 to go. Nice.

i liked the way all our asst coaches went to the locker room with gerald. definitely a show of protest at the ejection by the duke coaches.

does anyone remember the obvious flagrent punch tyler threw in the ncsu game and was not suspended?

Tough call

At least the announcers (packer) did a decent job describing the incident. It did not look intentional, G. was making a play on the ball. Hopefully the league will take that view when they review the tape.

Hansbrough shouldn't even have been in the game

What's he doing running up his stats up 12 with 14 seconds left. Hansbrough was banging inside with a walkon who fouled him and Henderson wasn't going to let him get another dunk. That was a complete accident and a ridiculous ruling by the officials.

Was NOT intentional

Henderson was not intentionally going after Tyler.
    Karl Hesse just caved to Roy's whining. Terrible officiating.
    The league will probably screw us though.
    Poor Gerald, he played his heart out and he was obviously upset.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlood View Post
    I love Duke, and i believe Henderson will be a Star!

But that was a brutal foul, I dont believe it was intentional by any means. However, I cant blame the Refs for making the call they did.

That was pretty brutal of the UNC fans, but if someone broke one our better players nose, I dont think i would treat him very nice either..

Go Duke!
    Henderson didn't break his nose, Hansbrough broke his own nose by jumping into Hendersons elbow...and if roy wants to avoid situations like this maybe he should leave his best players off the floor up 12 with under a minute to play!!!

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Once again Karl Hess has his head up his, er, collar. How do you throw a punch with an open hand?

i really don't care

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yeah, nothing but class down the stretch from UNC. Playing the starters up 12 with 15 seconds to go. And jacking up a three up 14 with 12 to go. Nice.

No quarter will be asked...or given. They can do whatever they want because I have no interest in us letting up on them when we get the chance either. That's just the way it is.

gerald

no way that was intentional- his head was turned away from hansbrough. absolutely awful call.