Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Good to see that you've seen the light and moved from those Cards to my Mets.
    They have gold ceilings at Citi? No wonder the tix are so expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    They have gold ceilings at Citi? No wonder the tix are so expensive.
    Maybe spending there...Wilpons certainly not spending on players. (BRW, Fred now Chair of MLB Finance committee...really?)

New York's National League franchise is frequently so irrelevant that I forget it exists. Except when Larry Wayne Jones is naming children after it.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    New York's National League franchise is frequently so irrelevant that I forget it exists. Except when Larry Wayne Jones is naming children after it.
    Actually, to be accurate, he named his kid after the late, lamented Shea Stadium, not the franchise. Perhaps your mis-recollection is due to our being so irrelevant.

For anyone thinking about it, this is a perfect time of year to go to NYC, as hotel prices are rock bottom. I live in Virginia but spend 50 nights a year in NYC hotels.

For example, staying Saturday and Sunday nights, I'm seeing the Grand Hyatt for $160 a night, the Times Square W for $171, Times Square Westin for $161, and the Waldorf Astoria for $194 a night.

If you go to Priceline's Express deals, you can get a 4 star hotel in a variety of Manhattan neighborhoods for under $100 a night right now.

New York has plenty of reasonably priced, excellent food, especially if you enjoy ethnic.

If you're going to drive, I recommend parking in Jersey City, near Exchange Place. There are lots of garages where you'll pay around $22-$26 a night. Pack light, and take the PATH into Manhattan.

Tickets Expensive but coming down in price a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Reisen View Post
    For anyone thinking about it, this is a perfect time of year to go to NYC, as hotel prices are rock bottom. I live in Virginia but spend 50 nights a year in NYC hotels.

For example, staying Saturday and Sunday nights, I'm seeing the Grand Hyatt for $160 a night, the Times Square W for $171, Times Square Westin for $161, and the Waldorf Astoria for $194 a night.

If you go to Priceline's Express deals, you can get a 4 star hotel in a variety of Manhattan neighborhoods for under $100 a night right now.

New York has plenty of reasonably priced, excellent food, especially if you enjoy ethnic.

If you're going to drive, I recommend parking in Jersey City, near Exchange Place. There are lots of garages where you'll pay around $22-$26 a night. Pack light, and take the PATH into Manhattan.
    I've been tracking this a bit and prices seem to be coming down a bit. Does anyone know which end will be the Duke end, which end the band will be in - I'm looking on Stubhub and it could be on the right side, section 2, or the left, section 8

Thanks
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by daveduke76 View Post
    I've been tracking this a bit and prices seem to be coming down a bit. Does anyone know which end will be the Duke end, which end the band will be in - I'm looking on Stubhub and it could be on the right side, section 2, or the left, section 8

Thanks
    Dave
    Here's a link to the stubhub site -
    http://www.stubhub.com/st-johns-bask...-2015-9130616/

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by daveduke76 View Post

Thanks
    Dave
    It is a St. Johns home game, not a neutral site. No DUMB alumni band. Look on the Johnnies web site and there's probably a seating chart.