Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NBA Draft

3 days without a game, gotta talk about something. I wish there was a game every other day

Quote Originally Posted by AIRFORCEDUKIE View Post
    3 days without a game, gotta talk about something. I wish there was a game every other day
    Understand where you're coming from, but I'm happy with the 3-days-off schedule. Gives my heart time to recuperate.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I'm not an insider on some of the Draft Boards. Does anyone know how high Kevon Looney is projected for the next draft? He was outstanding last night for the UCLA Bruins. A double-double I believe. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I'm not an insider on some of the Draft Boards. Does anyone know how high Kevon Looney is projected for the next draft? He was outstanding last night for the UCLA Bruins. A double-double I believe. GoDuke!
    NBAdraft.net: 9
    Draft Express: 11
    Chad Ford ESPN: 5

Safe to say that Monsieur Looney is gooooone after this season (and why not? UCLA is a sinking ship right now).
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    NBAdraft.net has him going #24 next year.
    I would hope that either Tyus would go in the top 10-12 or would stick around another year. Bottom of the first round doesn't feel (to me) worth leaving early.

But they rarely ask me...

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Devil_91_92_01_10 View Post
    I would hope that either Tyus would go in the top 10-12 or would stick around another year. Bottom of the first round doesn't feel (to me) worth leaving early.

I'd leave school for a guaranteed $1,000,000. Hell, I'd leave my job for a million. Maybe even leave my girlfriend

I'm conflicted. I wish the NBA best for this kid. At the same time, I would really like for him to stick around for another year or two.

Rasheed's go to move to set up the offense when he is playing the point is very similar to what Nolan did in 2011 once Kyrie went down - a big guy comes and sets a screen at the top of the key, Rasheed uses the screen to create space and either drive deeper into the lane or kick to either wing.

Nolan had a great floater and we had good shooters. I am not sure that Sheed has that versatility at this point. I do not know if he is a true enough point to run a more free-flowing motion offense either. I think he is ideal running points in spots, particularly as the second option at point but probably not as the primary option.

I dont know if Luke Kennard is more of a Scheyer type guard than Rasheed is, but the two of them could certainly split the duties.

$1M?

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I'd leave school for a guaranteed $1,000,000. Hell, I'd leave my job for a million. Maybe even leave my girlfriend

So, we've determined what you are, we're just negotiating price?

For the record - and this is an important point - the NBAdraft.net projection is for NEXT year - the 2016 Draft.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    NBAdraft.net: 9
    Draft Express: 11
    Chad Ford ESPN: 5

Safe to say that Monsieur Looney is gooooone after this season (and why not? UCLA is a sinking ship right now).
    Thanks for the information flyingdutchdevil. Looney looked really good last night. I say that after watching the 2 overtimes only. But the stats that were flashed on the screen were impressive as was his play. I know Coach K wanted him badly, but I think Duke wanted Justise more. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by AIRFORCEDUKIE View Post
    Right now It would have to be Grayson Allen, or Sheed I guess. We have Kennard and Jeter signed for next year and our other targets aren't PGS. The 2016 class has Dennis Smith out of Greenville, and Derryck Thornton out of Henderson Nevada which is just north of Vegas. So help is not on the way unless K start recruiting an unsigned player for next year which is always a possibility. I think Sheed could run the squad much like Scheyer did his senior year. I hope Jones stays and Winslow decides that he wants to be the go to guy next year. But can't say no to a top 10 draft spot I guess.
    Thornton is from California; he just attends Findlay Prep in Henderson (south of LV) for high school.

Findlay is an unabashed basketball mill, established 9 years ago by a local car dealer to help basketball players gain D1 eligibility while majoring in balling. It's worked. But the "school" was declared in 2013 by the NCAA to be "non-academic", which restricts recruiting there. The same restriction was applied to Huntington Prep, and neither has been affected. Go NCAA.

We also have offered PG Troy Brown Jr. from Centennial H.S. in LV, but he's class of 2017, which is a long time to wait.

Stanley Johnson vs Justise Winslow: Draft prospects

A surprisingly decent article from Bleacher Report.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    A surprisingly decent article from Bleacher Report.
    Yea, was a really good breakdown.

That was a great breakdown. Proof that bleacher report isn't always terrible.

Also, I might be behind the times on this one, but the hoop-math site referenced for some of the statistics is fascinating. I don't have a KenPom subscription so it's nice to have a site to look at to dig down into the numbers a bit more. I thought Justise had been bad on 2 point jumpers. I remember early in the season I was excited because we used to run a few Gerald Henderson-like plays where we'd let Justise elevate for a 12 footer on an inbound play, but since he's only managed to make 4 all season, I see now why we haven't gone back to that. 4-27 is not so great, albeit in a small sample size, comparatively.

So...I remember a number of Hawks fans on here wishing the franchise would tear everything down and undergo a three-year suck to get an elite player or two through the draft to build around. That still being longed for?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Esseintes View Post
    So...I remember a number of Hawks fans on here wishing the franchise would tear everything down and undergo a three-year suck to get an elite player or two through the draft to build around. That still being longed for?
    As the loudest advocate of that position, I humbly admit I was wrong, wrong, wrong. I had no idea how big an impact a coach like Mike Budenholzer could have on a team. We truly have become Spurs East and it is incredibly fun to watch.

By the way, it is easy to look at the Hawks and think, "yeah, but how would they be if they were playing in the brutal West?" It is worth nothing that they are 10-2 against the West thus far with ROAD victories over Houston, Dallas, Portland, and the Clippers. They are legitimately alongside the Warriors as the top team in the NBA right now... stunning.

-Jason "The NBA Coach of the Year trophy already has BUD etched on it... despite the job Steve Kerr is doing, this is one award that is pretty much wrapped up" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    -Jason "The NBA Coach of the Year trophy already has BUD etched on it... despite the job Steve Kerr is doing, this is one award that is pretty much wrapped up" Evans
    Okay, but what about NBA Executive of the Year?

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Okay, but what about NBA Executive of the Year?
    I don't think guys embroiled in scandal (I expect the new ownership will oust him, once we know who the new owner is) will make it, though I think Danny got sorta trapped and the whole situation has been at least a little unfair to him.

-Jason "even though I think it is Bud's coaching that has this team soaring, gotta credit Danny with giving Bud the pieces and hiring Bud in the first place" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?