Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    UNC is also facing a lawsuit claiming they used racial preference in determining admissions...

Chapel Hill is becoming a big ATM for attorneys...

Quote Originally Posted by hudlow View Post
    UNC is also facing a lawsuit claiming they used racial preference in determining admissions...

Chapel Hill is becoming a big ATM for attorneys...
    Or, as the managing partner of a large law firm I knew famously said of such a client, it's "like having a cow you can milk every day."

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    I believe UNC had to turn in their response to the Southern Accreditation board. I wonder if hiring lawyers is related to that.
    Supposed to be released to the public on Tuesday now.

Proof in the link for completeness, but don't bother clicking it. It's a bunch of BS platitudes from Carol Folt about how wonderful they all are.

http://www.unc.edu/campus-updates/me...t-wecome-back/

Something is going on with the Willingham/Smith book.

There is a N&O Story that says the book is available online and will be in bookstores soon. However, their own website links to a page at this minute that says online ordering is unavailable and hard copies are not available until March. Amazon shows it being released 3/15/15.

Seems like a mixup or else they are hurrying the release for some reason all of a sudden. Wonder if they got an inside look at the SACS response.

^ I believe there was some sort of gag order that prevented the media from talking about the book, that expired today. The release date is still in March. Gag order probably isn't the right term, but basically writers are now free to talk about it, so it will be fun to see what comes out.

UNC fans crowing over Duke losses

I don't care if they want to brag about their team on facebook, but when they start mocking Duke for losing games when they have already lost 5, it's on. I just cannot believe the HUBRIS of some people, who will mock Duke while putting their head in the sand about the scandals that continue to come to light. It's unreal.

P.S. Next time someone calls Coach K "rat face," I am going to say, "Well, if all you have against him is his looks, you must think he's a pretty good coach."

Quote Originally Posted by stillcrazie View Post
    I don't care if they want to brag about their team on facebook, but when they start mocking Duke for losing games when they have already lost 5, it's on.
    While I agree with you on your overall point, UNC has only lost 4 games this season. It looked like they were going to get loss #5, but they came back to beat Louisville by 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    While I agree with you on your overall point, UNC has only lost 4 games this season. It looked like they were going to get loss #5, but they came back to beat Louisville by 1.
    Right, I was counting pre-season accidentally.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Something is going on with the Willingham/Smith book.

There is a N&O Story that says the book is available online and will be in bookstores soon. However, their own website links to a page at this minute that says online ordering is unavailable and hard copies are not available until March. Amazon shows it being released 3/15/15.

Seems like a mixup or else they are hurrying the release for some reason all of a sudden. Wonder if they got an inside look at the SACS response.
    Interesting quote from the article BigWayne linked:

"The athletes’ fellow classmates were fans, too, according to the book. A former AFAM student, now a history professor at Texas A&M, described how the setup was an open secret and students laughed about the fact that athletes weren’t expected to actually write papers.

Athletes were “nice guys” who came to class and handed out bags of Doritos they had been given in the dining hall."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Tom Ross has been asked to leave by UNC BOG

"After a nearly two-hour closed session Friday, a joint statement from the board and president indicated the board wanted to begin the process “of leadership transition.”

This is another insufferable pile of steaming excrement from Art Chansky.

However, the comment section has an entertaining piece of writing that sums up why non-UNC folks are so upset about the scandal:

Matt Nicholson · Top Commenter
    Do you ever tire of being a jackass?

Here you have an opportunity to praise your team for having the fortitude to withstand a furious run in a game that, honestly, both teams needed to win in a conference so stacked that 5, or even more, different schools have a legitimate shot at winning it. Instead Art, you criticize the crowd noise and insinuate the students, who are the engineers that will one day design and build the roads and bridges you drive on to get to your ivory tower (which they may have also designed and built), are so stupid they can't read. And still, after all these years, you wonder why EVERYONE hates UNC fans? We don't dislike you because you win. We dislike you because when you win, you are an insufferable chestpounding horses ***. When given the choice to be thankful for escaping with a close, hard fought win against a pretty decent team on the road, you chose what UNC fans have done for generations: Be an arrogant prick thumbing your nose at MooU. You would think 2 decades of documented cheating would perhaps provide a bit of humility. I guess that's too much to ask for. You, and UNC fans such as yourself (which is damn near all of them) have always been poor losers, but you're even worse winners. This column is Exhibit A.

Stay classy, Art.

Marvelous! Just a terrific, well written take down.

Gene Chizik is now DC at UNC

and the shameful decisions continue at unc...

Quote Originally Posted by bob blue devil View Post

We shouldn't expect ESPN to tell the entire story on Chizik. I haven't heard much from them on the uncheaters academic struggles either. Isn't the president or CEO for ESPN a tarheel alum? GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    We shouldn't expect ESPN to tell the entire story on Chizik. I haven't heard much from them on the uncheaters academic struggles either. Isn't the president or CEO for ESPN a tarheel alum? GoDuke!
    They did tell a story once.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...cording-report

Quote Originally Posted by bob blue devil View Post

I wouldn't have thought it possible to be more ashamed of the place. Now it sounds as if they may get the system president a football factory deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by hudlow View Post
    Ha, yes they did the story on Chizcheat when he was head coach at Auburn but no mention of that mess in the announcement on his hiring at uncheat(like that better). GoDuke!

N&O article on the hiring

"Just like everybody, we vetted him completely and are very comfortable with where we’re at,” Fedora said of Chizik, who was accused of committing major NCAA violations at Auburn. “I mean, there were some unsubstantiated allegations out there about him and what’s happened in the past.”
    didn't fedora mean to say, "and what's happened is in the past"? the carolina way, right?

Wouldn't it have been delightful if Fedora had said: "We vetted him and found nothing in his past that was inconsistent with the morals and values that are the foundation of athletics at UNC."

Cause that woulda been da truth!

-Jason
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Hilarious!!!