Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    That's correct--no spring practice for Mr. Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Braxton graduated in December.

One of the Vice Provosts tweeted about handing Braxton his diploma.
    Quote Originally Posted by duke blue brewcrew View Post
    The answer is Yes, he's definitely already graduated. So my question remains, if Braxton were to choose Duke, how quickly could he officially enroll at the university? I believe I read that he's still recovering from his injury and wouldn't be able to participate in spring practice anyway. Has anyone else read/heard this?
    Well, that clears that up.

Good for him for getting his degree in under 4 years!

As for the next question, Miller has missed the deadline to enroll for the Spring semester. The Fall semester deadline for application is January 31. There are only two graduate programs that offer summer classes, and the deadline would be the same January 31 deadline.

I'm not sure whether or not he'd be allowed to start participating sooner, but since he's injured he may not be available to practice until later anyway. But that doesn't mean he couldn't learn the plays/terminology and meet with the team/staff prior to enrolling and during recovery.

More food for thought. No mention of Duke here.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    More food for thought. No mention of Duke here.
    To be fair, that's an Ohio State bleacher report guy speculating on what Miller should do. It is very possible that he is overlooking Duke simply because Ohio State fans (and fans of many of the other historically great football schools) probably all overlook schools like Duke when big-name programs are on the table. He may not have any idea how well-respected a QB coach David Cutcliffe is, and Duke's steady rise to football relevance has probably flown under his radar. So I don't think the lack of Duke in this article means all that much.

That said, I would still be surprised if Miller came to Duke. The mere mention of those names (and the fact that he would likely immediately start there) is reason for pause. If he did come to Duke, it would have to be for the Cutcliffe experience, because the other schools have much more to offer in terms of championship opportunity and pro pedigree in general. So while it is always possible, I'd agree that it seems highly unlikely he comes here.

I mean, we still haven't heard anything but bleacher report speculation that Miller is interested in leaving. So there's still a very real chance that he's the starting QB next year at Ohio State.

I don't think there is any way Jones won't start the first game(s) for Ohio State next year. Could you imagine the backlash on the coach if OSU loses a game where the starter was not the undefeated hero who won 3 trophy games? If he loses one, or plays horribly, then I can see another QB getting a shot but I find it very very difficult to imagine a scenario where Jones doesn't take the first snap of the first game next year.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Two more "Where could Miller go" articles. One with 5 options, one with 10, neither with Duke.
    http://fansided.com/2015/01/13/10-sc...ller-transfer/
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...02215598.html/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Two more "Where could Miller go" articles. One with 5 options, one with 10, neither with Duke.
    http://fansided.com/2015/01/13/10-sc...ller-transfer/
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...02215598.html/
    To be clear, those articles are speculating more about possible fit than where he might actuallly go.

I don't think it precludes a transfer but apparently Miller has enrolled in spring classes at Ohio State. The article also says that he has shown interest in a potential FSU transfer, no mention of Duke.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-...pring-semester

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDevil View Post
    I don't think it precludes a transfer but apparently Miller has enrolled in spring classes at Ohio State. The article also says that he has shown interest in a potential FSU transfer, no mention of Duke.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-...pring-semester
    As much as I would love to see more national recognition for Coach Cut that a Braxton Miller transfer would certainly bring, I'm fine with him not coming at this point. I'm excited to see what Thomas Sirk can do and to see how hard Boehme and Pierre can push him to challenge for the starting role. I trust what Coach Cut and his team are doing in recruiting. The talent is getting better and better every year, and we are seeing the results on the field. Let's Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    Well, I suppose that I am supposed to chime in now. I think it is very likely that Miller is transferring and have thought so since around early November/the Michigan State game. Barrett's ability to throw, work through his progressions and make quick decisions was better, at that point, that Miller's. And Barrett is a red shirt fresh who hadn't played in 18 months due to a knee injury. Miller just isn't as good as Barrett in the passing game. It seems likely to me, that the OSU coaching staff, and specifically Meyer has been honest with Miller and told him that the job isn't automatically his next year. Plus, can you imagine if Jones plays remotely well in the playoff? Then you've got a three way battle going into the spring, and one guy who is staring down the barell of his last season. A transfer is probably in the works.

I think Adam's posting is probably true...Miller probably has reached out to or expressed interest in duke, but more specifically in Cutty, as he wants to play QB in the NFL. However, much like his predecessor, Pryor, the knock has been his throwing ability. Wouldn't it make sense to work under Cutty for spring ball and the following season to try to upgrade the draft stock? Miller could end up looking like a Teddy Bridgewater or a more mature Johnny Manziel. That wouldn't be so bad. Also, Miller probably figures that he could still go the Dennard Robinson route and end up as a back in the NFL given his absurd running ability and elusiveness. I was at the OSU-Penn State game a few years ago and saw this in person (go to about the 2:09 mark) And I still am not sure it actually happened. So I think Miller to Duke could make sense.

That said, I think Duke is probably a long shot. Miller isn't going to Michigan. He isn't going to do Meyer like that and he isn't Justin Boren who was pissed when Carr was forced out at Michigan, had been an OSU recruit and whose brother, Zach, was committed to OSU. What makes more sense to me is either Oregon for a year, or Texas. Texas is in a heap of trouble at QB and would probably guarantee Miller the starting job. Oregon would just plug him in and run their offense without missing a beat. So, what does Duke do? Add some read option and teach the kid to throw? Maybe. I sure hope so, but until Cutty is telling me that it is happening, I will still think it's a long shot.

And in all fairness, I love Braxton Miller. That kid was thrown into a poop storm after Tresell/Pryor/tattoo-gate and did nothing but put his behind on the line for OSU. He has been injured several times, but most have been related to big time hits that go along with running the read option in a fast paced college system, and, for better or worse, the kid doesn't shy away from contact.

So there's my two cents...for what it's worth. I hope to hell that he does end up at Duke next year. I think his dynamic nature and leadership abilities would make Duke a favorite in the Coastal and give us a chance to win the ACC.
    I mean... I don't get to say I'm right a whole lot, but shoot... I think someone should have gone to Vegas around January 1st.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...braxton-miller
    WWJDD?

I mean... I don't get to say I'm right a whole lot, but shoot... I think someone should have gone to Vegas around January 1st.

To be fair, you did say right at the top that you thought he was transferring... 😜

In my best Bill Clinton gravelly voice: "Wow! Here's ol' Mulletman! Where you been, boy? I missed you the last two years."
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Amazing to me that this thread has so many posts about possible QB transfers (when Cut was NEVER interested in a short-term QB transfer like Driskel or Miller).

But was there ever any mention about the one transfer we DID get -- Tennessee TE Daniel Helm ... Jeremy Cash recently said Helm is "by far" the best TE on campus.

I apologize if it was mentioned (I'm not prepared to go back and re-read this entire thread).