Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WBB: #13 Duke 89, #8 Kentucky 68

This should be a good match-up today in Cameron. Game time is 3:00. If you wear a holiday sweater, you get free admission.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by wandalee View Post
    This should be a good match-up today in Cameron. Game time is 3:00. If you wear a holiday sweater, you get free admission.
    For those that can't make it (and hopefully get in the Guiness book of records), the game is on ESPN2. Huge game for the ladies, Kentucky is ranked 8th. (We are 13th.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Kentucky is minus starting guard Bria Goss (broken left wrist).

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Kentucky is minus starting guard Bria Goss (broken left wrist).
    Another starting guard out? Where have I heard that before? If both teams pressed each other, there might be more turnovers than baskets made in that contest.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

DBR Chat is open.

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk

An 89-67 laugher was nice to see. Go Duke!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

It would be easy to grumble and be all glass-half-empty. We did, after all, have > 20 turnovers and give up 26 offensive rebounds. If we do those things against UConn, it's unlikely that we will win by 21.

But we did so many things well that I'm going to leave the grumbling to you-know-who.

There were times when that game was really fun to watch. We worked hard to close out to corners and wings in the zone; Kentucky shot 2-24 from three for a reason. After about midway in the first half, UK rarely got the ball into the high post. Our ball movement and unselfish play, both in transition and in the half court offense, were a joy to watch (19 assists on 29 made FG). We had a good plan to beat the UK press and we mostly executed it well.

You kinda wish we weren't going to have a week off.

We did have a bunch of turnovers, but I think that was one of the best offensive games I've seen Duke play in years. You could tell the coaches were prepared for the press from the KY guards. Most of the time, we did a great job beating it and then driving to the basket. Nice aggressive play by all.

Good crowd in Cameron, so it was a great game to watch.

We did have a bunch of turnovers, but I think that was one of the best offensive games I've seen Duke play in years. You could tell the coaches were prepared for the press from the KY guards. Most of the time, we did a great job beating it and then driving to the basket. Nice aggressive play by all.

Can't argue with any of this. Great job DWB!

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I tuned in at the start of the 2nd half and saw our 23-point lead shrink to 11 pretty darned quickly. I, of course, wondered if we would have done better if I were not watching. But, we settled down and pushed the lead back out.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Need you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I tuned in at the start of the 2nd half and saw our 23-point lead shrink to 11 pretty darned quickly. I, of course, wondered if we would have done better if I were not watching. But, we settled down and pushed the lead back out.
    Of course we would have done better! (This applies to all of us, so don't take it personally.)

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    And I thought it was my fault since I tuned into the game for the second half. Glad to know that it was not solely my responsibility.

Enjoyed the teamwork - there were some great unselfish passes.

Good win. Azura' Stevens is still my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Good win. Azura' Stevens is still my hero.
    Whoa, Kedsy and I agree on something! It's gonna be a looooooong, dark night. LOL.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Love the photo.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Poll Swing

Games have consequences. Duke moves from 13 to 10 (tied with Oregon State) in today's new AP poll, while Kentucky drops from 8 to 12.

Check out how close Azur'a is to a dunk. http://www.dukechronicle.com/article...68#.VJqZMfWcFg

Quote Originally Posted by aswewere View Post
    Check out how close Azur'a is to a dunk. http://www.dukechronicle.com/article...68#.VJqZMfWcFg
    unfortunately, it't not particularly close...the top of the ball is still below the rim, and the ball is about a foot diameter...her hand is on the bottom of the ball, and the BOTTOM of the ball needs to clear the rim at minimum for a a dunk...which means she's about 2 feet of vertical away from a dunk. if I could add 2 feet to my vertical, i would....but it's not like shooting fish in a haystack.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    unfortunately, it't not particularly close...the top of the ball is still below the rim, and the ball is about a foot diameter...her hand is on the bottom of the ball, and the BOTTOM of the ball needs to clear the rim at minimum for a a dunk...which means she's about 2 feet of vertical away from a dunk. if I could add 2 feet to my vertical, i would....but it's not like shooting fish in a haystack.
    Yeah, that picture does not say "close to dunking" to me. I think she's closer to dunking than that picture shows. And I think her name is Azura' with the accent on the 'a' so the 'a' is pronounced like cake.