Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Semi Ojeleye Transfering

Numerous reports on Twitter stating that Semi is transferring and will not return after this semester. Can't say I blame him, but a bummer none the less.

Semi Ojeleye Transferring

Laura Keeley @laurakeeley · 9m 9 minutes ago
    Semi Ojeleye is transferring from Duke, the school announces in an email

I guess we both saw this at the same time.

It's always a sad day when this happens. I hope he finds the right spot. Should he want to head home, I am sure Gregg Marshall would roll out the red carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Laura Keeley @laurakeeley · 9m 9 minutes ago
    Semi Ojeleye is transferring from Duke, the school announces in an email
    Not surprising. Wish him the best.

It's always a sad day when this happens. I hope he finds the right spot.
    I agree. Sad. And I wish Semi the best in the future.

I guess we both saw this at the same time.

It's always a sad day when this happens. I hope he finds the right spot. Should he want to head home, I am sure Gregg Marshall would roll out the red carpet.
    I dont remember who offered him, but I recall Indiana and Stamford being two of them. IU is a bit of a dumpster fire right now, but it would be nice to see him suit up for the Cardinals.

He would be a Godsend for Wojo at Marquette. I think it works for both parties. I'm praying!

It has been said before, but if you are a recruit in the RSCI 30-50 range, Duke is an awfully tough place to find playing time. It is certainly not surprising news, as Ojeleye would have been fighting an uphill battle for PT even into his senior year. Best wishes to him.

Best wishes to a guy with lots of upside.

As others have said, sad but not surprising.
    I had Dahntay Jones like visions in my head for his future.

Best of luck Semi, I hope you find the right place for you.

Could this be an indicator of good news re: Ingram?

Sorry to see Semi say so long

We will soon see a Semi transport cross-county

Quote Originally Posted by MPandolfi View Post
    I dont remember who offered him, but I recall Indiana and Stamford being two of them. IU is a bit of a dumpster fire right now, but it would be nice to see him suit up for the Cardinals.
    The Stamford Cardinals? Where John E. Dawkins coaches? But you're right, the Whoosiers could use him too.

Best wishes to him.

But, but he needs to be a little bit more patient. Next year he will have chance to play forward with improved D. Jeter & MP3 at 5, Amile starting at 4 and needs a backup. Winslow will be playing in NBA next year if we get into final four this year. So sf spot is open. Ingrim is still a question.

On the other hand, go check Alex Murphy and Mike Bbinije's games. The two recent Duke transfers have not started for their teams yet.

Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by bbosbbos View Post
    Best wishes to him.

But, but he needs to be a little bit more patient. Next year he will have chance to play forward with improved D. Jeter & MP3 at 5, Amile starting at 4 and needs a backup. Winslow will be playing in NBA next year if we get into final four this year. So sf spot is open. Ingrim is still a question.

On the other hand, go check Alex Murphy and Mike Bbinije's games. The two recent Duke transfers have not started for their teams yet.
    Don't think Murphy is eligible yet, so that's not much of a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by bbosbbos View Post
    Best wishes to him.

Winslow will be playing in the NBA next year if we lose in the first round of the NIT.
    WWJDD?

I've been a booster, and I hate see him go. I wish him the best.

Maybe somewhere closer to home? K-State where his brother went? Wichita State?

I always hate seeing the word transferring in a thread title. I sincerely hope this is the only one of this season. One significant issue that is concerning about this is the impact on practices - do we now only have 9 scholarship players to practice, including Obi?

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    I always hate seeing the word transferring in a thread title. I sincerely hope this is the only one of this season. One significant issue that is concerning about this is the impact on practices - do we now only have 9 scholarship players to practice, including Obi?
    We have 10, including Obi.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Don't think Murphy is eligible yet, so that's not much of a comparison.
    Correct, he will be eligible at the start of 2015.

Semi is really smart. Which was, I think a big reason why he chose Duke. If I had to see him land somewhere, I hope that it is Stanford, that way he will be able to continue his academically impressive college career. Would not be shocked by Wichita State though.

Also Re: Ingram, I think that this has much more to do with our pursuit of Caleb Swanigan. From what it looks like, we have put the full court press on that kid either because Semi informed the coaches that he thought we was transferring or was really turned off by being recruited over pretty late in the game. With regard to Ingram, I honestly think that he will commit to Duke very soon after Justise declares for the NBA draft. At least I hope so. He is very skilled, but not particularly strong. We haven't had a guy like him in a long time. I really rangy 3 man.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams