Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

And the Jayhawks again...

I don't go searching this stuff out, I really don't. It just pops up (again.)

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ne-game-arrest

Quote Originally Posted by DukeWarhead View Post
    I don't go searching this stuff out, I really don't. It just pops up (again.)

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ne-game-arrest
    "Interfering with a police officer"? Going to need more information than that before caring.

Actually, I probably wouldn't care even then.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    "Interfering with a police officer"? Going to need more information than that before caring.

Actually, I probably wouldn't care even then.
    I don't know about this particular jurisdiction (or the situation here), but "interfering with a police officer" covers a wide range of misdemeanor acts where a person repeatedly doesn't listen to an officer's instructions. You might see it where Officer asks to question Person A individually, and Person B keeps interrupting. If the Officer feels his or her investigation is being hindered, then Person B might be placed under arrest, even if the ultimate interaction with Person A amounts to nothing.

Two common examples:

1. Person A is a driver who is stopped and asked to exit the car by Officer, and Person B is a passenger not under suspicion who keeps leaving the car and getting involved.

2. Persons A and B have a domestic dispute with minor or no injuries, and Officers are unable to keep them separated because Person B is being too disruptive. Maybe Person A and Person B have a child, so the Officers arrest Person B for interference, even if they determined that Person A was the primary instigator. This way the two are temporarily separated and one parent remains at home.

I would normally file this under Not-A-Big-Deal, but there's a heightened escalation these days between Not-A-Big-Deal and A-Very-Big-Deal. The rest is PPB.

And the beat goes on...

Sorry, Jayhawks fans. I know this is annoying. Maybe I'll stop when the boys in Lawrence quit providing the fodder (seemingly every season)

Jayhawks' Carlton Bragg Jr. arrested on battery charge

Oy Vei...

Headline: "Kansas Fan's Hysterical Rant about Suspended Forward Carlton Bragg Has Some Good Points, Some Bad Points, A Big Finish"

http://thebiglead.com/2016/12/13/kan...-a-big-finish/
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    Oy Vei...

Headline: "Kansas Fan's Hysterical Rant about Suspended Forward Carlton Bragg Has Some Good Points, Some Bad Points, A Big Finish"

Hilarious. Sounded more like a uncCHeat fan.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Oy Vei...

That's passion on a whole new level. I mean, I hope to never meet a Duke fan that passionate.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I hope to never meet a Duke fan that passionate.
    then just agree with me when i say "boozer was fouled" or "jj was mugged"
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    That's passion on a whole new level. I mean, I hope to never meet a Duke fan that passionate.
    I agree. There are levels of fanaticism that are truly scary. There is a very good documentary on the Alabama/Auburn rivalry "Roll Tide/War Eagle"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEPpM92n5H4

...where a Bama fan is essentially proven to have poisoned (he served jail time) Auburn famous and beautiful 100+ year old oak trees at Toomer's Corners.

What would be the Duke equivalent, taking sledgehammers to UNC's Old Well? I can't imagine someone doing that. Don't get any ideas, people...

Oy Vei...

Great - this will be another DV case involving an athlete where people will claim that the only reason that the charges against him got dismissed is because he is an athlete and bemoan the double standard. Which is infuriating to me as a former public defender and county prosecutor. 98% of these cases end in dismissal because the victim refuses to testify. This case's likely dismissal wont have anything to do with a double standard (cant say about other cases - no colleges in my rural jurisdictions...).

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I agree. There are levels of fanaticism that are truly scary. There is a very good documentary on the Alabama/Auburn rivalry "Roll Tide/War Eagle"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEPpM92n5H4

...where a Bama fan is essentially proven to have poisoned (he served jail time) Auburn famous and beautiful 100+ year old oak trees at Toomer's Corners.

What would be the Duke equivalent, taking sledgehammers to UNC's Old Well? I can't imagine someone doing that. Don't get any ideas, people...
    The tree was really beautiful though.

That well is stupid. I had to go over there once and saw it in passing. I mean, there are like 20 spots on Duke's campus that absolutely dwarf that lame well. Even Baldwin Auditorium is better and that's not even on Main West.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    The tree was really beautiful though.

That well is stupid. I had to go over there once and saw it in passing. I mean, there are like 20 spots on Duke's campus that absolutely dwarf that lame well. Even Baldwin Auditorium is better and that's not even on Main West.
    What if a Bama fan just urinated on the tree. Isn't that insulting to the whole school while keeping the tree the same? Actually, with all the nitrates in your urine, you'd be helping the tree out!

I think it's comparable to the Old Well: don't destroy it, just pee in it!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I agree. There are levels of fanaticism that are truly scary. ...

The old well ain't so bad, it just needs a fresh coat of paint

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post

I agree it's a little underwhelming when you actually see it in person. The icon of it is actually significantly better than the well itself.

Of course, on the list of things that suck at UNC and need to be improved, it's about number 3,426,722.

Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    I agree it's a little underwhelming when you actually see it in person. The icon of it is actually significantly better than the well itself.

Of course, on the list of things that suck at UNC and need to be improved, it's about number 3,426,722.
    Interesting that it was modeled after the Temple of Love at Versailles. Wasn't Versailles thought to be a symbol of decadence and Louis XIV thought he deserved all of the excesses spent in tribute to him?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    The old well ain't so bad, it just needs a fresh coat of paint
    And what color paint might it need. This sounds like a challenge to do something completely foolish

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    And what color paint might it need. This sounds like a challenge to do something completely foolish
    and 40 years ago, I'd have been just the man for the job ...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    and 40 years ago, I'd have been just the man for the job ...
    And 36 years ago I was foolish enough to be part of a group to properly paint the DKE house at unc

I hope the statute of limitations has been meet

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    I hope the statute of limitations has been meet
    Or would it be the Statue of Limitations in this instance.