Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    A Marquette team that lost at home to Omaha and had to rally to beat NJIT in overtime (at home)
    Wait, Marquette did what?! My god they're going to get crushed in the Big East (which looks surprisingly good so far).

Not sure where to put this, but in former conference news -- Maryland's Dez Wells broke his wrist and had surgery. Out four weeks +/-.

I always liked his game, in spite of the Twerp fans. Hoping for a full recovery.

The ACC went 8-1 Friday, but it wasn't all that impressive for the league.

First, Wake Forest gave the league another bad home loss, losing to Delaware State in Winston-Salem.

Clemson, which had been playing better, barely edged High Point by three at home and NC State edged Boise State at home (a six-point win, but it was two points with just over 30 seconds left).

Virginia choked away most of a big lead against LaSalle before winning by eight in Brooklyn.

I guess UNC-Cheat did okay, dominating Florida to finish 5th in the Bahamas. And both Miami and Syracuse rolled to easy wins over lightweight opposition. It wasn't all that impressive, but Georgia Tech bounced back from their Marquette loss to beat Rider.

All in all, a pretty blah day for ACC hoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    The ACC went 8-1 Friday, but it wasn't all that impressive for the league.

First, Wake Forest gave the league another bad home loss, losing to Delaware State in Winston-Salem.

Clemson, which had been playing better, barely edged High Point by three at home and NC State edged Boise State at home (a six-point win, but it was two points with just over 30 seconds left).

Virginia choked away most of a big lead against LaSalle before winning by eight in Brooklyn.

I guess UNC-Cheat did okay, dominating Florida to finish 5th in the Bahamas. And both Miami and Syracuse rolled to easy wins over lightweight opposition. It wasn't all that impressive, but Georgia Tech bounced back from their Marquette loss to beat Rider.

All in all, a pretty blah day for ACC hoops.
    I am impressed that UNC bounced back as well as they did after the Butler did it. They have so much height and length on their wings. If they can keep crashing the boards and make crisper passes, they will win a bunch of games this year.

Here's a link to a replay of the UNC/Florida game if anybody is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Here's a link to a replay of the UNC/Florida game if anybody is interested.
    No, but thank you for supplying the link! Do you have a link for the UNC-NC State football game from yesterday? I could watch that one over and over and over again!

noonkick.se?

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    No, but thank you for supplying the link! Do you have a link for the UNC-NC State football game from yesterday? I could watch that one over and over and over again!
    You know how it goes in football. Sometimes the team is all fired up in the locker room, but doesn't show up on the field. In UNC's case it was the locker room at Wally Wade.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    noonkick.se?
    Never heard of it either, but I watched it on my iPad with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    You know how it goes in football. Sometimes the team is all fired up in the locker room, but doesn't show up on the field. In UNC's case it was the locker room at Wally Wade.
    I guess it's a weird kind of compliment that they were still so high from beating us that they couldn't get down to business against State. That being said, while it was fun watching State annihilate UNC yesterday, it was frustrating trying to reconcile the sorry listless group of Tar Heels that played yesterday against the world beaters that kicked our butts last week.

Reminiscent, and not in a good way, of every team that plays the game of their lives against the Duke BBall team only to crash back to earth and get smoked in their next game.

I guess it's a weird kind of compliment that they were still so high from beating us that they couldn't get down to business against State. That being said, while it was fun watching State annihilate UNC yesterday, it was frustrating trying to reconcile the sorry listless group of Tar Heels that played yesterday against the world beaters that kicked our butts last week.

Reminiscent, and not in a good way, of every team that plays the game of their lives against the Duke BBall team only to crash back to earth and get smoked in their next game.
    Mebbe it's God's reward to Pack Pride for exposing the corruption on the Hill.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

I'll bet they were still "hungover"/affected by all the paint fumes.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.