Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    I still don't like Casey Jacobsen.
    Well, it's Saturday, so the bank isn't open late.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    We are favored by 10.5... I'll be interested in seeing how Okafor performs tonight. He faced some adversity last night.
    I thought Okafor acquitted himself pretty well last night. He was drawing lots of double- and triple-teams, and he still did his thing. He passed out of those overloads a lot, but the shots from the outside weren't dropping. And the more of that physicality he sees, the more his inside game will improve. He'll learn to deal with it.

But you're right that he's likely to see more of that tonight and going forward. Stanford has some big bodies. My concern for tonight is fatigue. 5 games in 3 cities in 8 days? That's a lot to ask. It's good preparation for spring, but not even the NCAAT imposes that kind of schedule.

Regarding the point-spread: Duke is 4-0 against the spread in its games so far, suggesting they are consistently "over-performing" compared to the expectations of folks with money on the line. And it's not like they've been hiding from anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Regarding the point-spread: Duke is 4-0 against the spread in its games so far, suggesting they are consistently "over-performing" compared to the expectations of folks with money on the line. And it's not like they've been hiding from anyone.
    Yep. And Duke is 4-0 against KenPom's projections as well, and that is a system that rated Duke #1 to start the season so the projections were towards the high end. Needless to say, our team has played very well to begin this season.

Looking forward to seeing how Duke rebounds tonight. Stanford is very big and has been crushing folks on the boards, including a UNLV team with good size. Hoping Duke can keep it close or even win the battle of the boards. We do that and Duke will be 5-0 against the spread and KenPom's projection (which is Duke -9 tonight).

DBR Chat is open.

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

I love me some Johnny D, but not tonight... Let's Go Duke!

-jk

Ugh, looks like another late start. When I checked the UNLV-Temple score at about 8:50, there was like 5 minutes on the game clock and UNLV was up by about 11-12. What happened? I hate these late starts. I know our guys are young but still...9:45pm is awfully late to play a basketball game. Sometimes, TV sucks

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Of the entire duke coaching tree he's going to be my least favorite to go against...but we'll see what happens if we ever play Marquette

Live tempo-based stats for Duke/Stanford here...

http://www.scacchoops.com/duke-at-tb...stats-11222014

That was a man's rebound!!! Get it Justise

Very impressed with Winslow's rebounding and Quinn's shooting.

First time I've been able to watch Duke this year (been traveling the past month).

- The freshmen look legit. No jitters.
    - LOVE how they share the ball.
    - Cook playing off ball is great for him, I think. Keeps him fresh and reduces the pressure. Also love how he keeps his head in the game after bad plays so far.
    - They don't force it to Jah. They spread the love.

Looking forward to the rest of the season!

Almost halftime-good ball-movement, solid D, hitting some 3's, not much to complain about. Fouls under control. Very solid first half.

Wow . . . did I hear that correctly? I think Steve Smith just said Quinn Cook is "known more for his defense" than his shooting . . .

DBR Chat is open. This is where it's at. C'mon by...

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

-jk

Steve Smith must not've seen much Duke hoops the last couple of years, sheesh!!

Oke only has one foul, right? I like seeing plenty of Marshall early to spell him. K's gone, what, 8-deep so far, or 9?

I counted at least 6 made 3's by four different players, that bodes well.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Wow . . . did I hear that correctly? I think Steve Smith just said Quinn Cook is "known more for his defense" than his shooting . . .
    Heard that too- it's called no preparation and no knowledge of the players. He's heard the expression before and thought he'd use it.

Red face

Good first half, except for Okafor. Not getting much from him..Yet. lol But it's coming in the second half.
    Happy today. Son got home, just got out of the Navy after ten years. Seal Team 4, out of Little Creek, Virginia. It's been ten years of pride, and also worry. But it's over for him now. We are watching Duke together tonight, first time in four years!

So I'm in the market for a new suit, does anyone know where I can pick up a new designer suit for around $199.99? I've looked everywhere and I'm stumped.

Oh great. 2nd half is going to be all touch fouls. Way to stay consistent, refs!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Good first half, except for Okafor. Not getting much from him..Yet. lol But it's coming in the second half.
    Happy today. Son got home, just got out of the Navy after ten years. Seal Team 4, out of Little Creek, Virginia. It's been ten years of pride, and also worry. But it's over for him now. We are watching Duke together tonight, first time in four years!
    Congratulations and enjoy the game...

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Almost halftime-good ball-movement, solid D, hitting some 3's, not much to complain about. Fouls under control. Very solid first half.
    Continuing into 2nd half- didn't know if two point guard approach would work, it obviously will.