Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MBB: Duke v. Stanford (TruTV, Sat 2130 EST) Pre-Game & In-Game Thread

Time to go win a championship and start the pre-season tournament winning streak again.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I would love to see the team continue tonight where we left off against Temple: solid team defense, forcing 22 points off turnovers, and winning the battle on the boards. Let the shots fall where they may.

I would love to see Rasheed do something to jumpstart his value to the team, as I think he's a huge potential weapon... a samurai sword waiting to be honed if you will. Probably not going to happen on the second game of a back to back, but in the 15 minutes of PT that he will probably get, I'd love to see him play lock down D, generate a few turnovers or at least a few bad passes, crash the boards, and make good decisions on when to pass/when to shoot.

This is going to be a tough one. Stanford is very big and very experienced. They start 3 seniors (6'2", 6'6", 6'11"), a junior (6'9"), and a McD's AA freshman (6'8"). They're coming off a big win over UNLV where they shot 14/20 from behind the arc and out-rebounded UNLV by 18. Plus, Johnny Dawkins knows all of our secrets...

Should be a good game.

Please tell me it's not on tru tv.

According to goduke.com, the game is, indeed, on Tru TV, at 9:30 pm

Duke stanford on tru tv???

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    We don't get Tru TV anymore, since it was eliminated from our package last year, along with 4 other networks. I searched online for a streaming of the Duke Temple game, but could not find a free stream. I listened to Duke Radio and and had live stats.

Someone, please post a streaming link for The Duke Stanford game!!!! This is a MUST SEE Game!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!

Why is Duke on Tru TV? This is a very good Coachs Cancer Tourney!!!

Wow, favorite coach ever versus favorite player ever.

Love you Johnny, and will be pulling for you in every other game this year.

Rasheed

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I would love to see the team continue tonight where we left off against Temple: solid team defense, forcing 22 points off turnovers, and winning the battle on the boards. Let the shots fall where they may.

I would love to see Rasheed do something to jumpstart his value to the team, as I think he's a huge potential weapon... a samurai sword waiting to be honed if you will. Probably not going to happen on the second game of a back to back, but in the 15 minutes of PT that he will probably get, I'd love to see him play lock down D, generate a few turnovers or at least a few bad passes, crash the boards, and make good decisions on when to pass/when to shoot.
    Rasheed hasn't shown much as yet and may be a liability on the floor at this level. I hope he finds a way to play at a reasonable pace and make good decisions but it didn't happen last night. Can't afford to have a negative result from a player for 15 minutes against Stanford. Matt can play defense and is more solid at this point. Even Grayson may be a better option.

We are favored by 10.5... I'll be interested in seeing how Okafor performs tonight. He faced some adversity last night.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    We are favored by 10.5... I'll be interested in seeing how Okafor performs tonight. He faced some adversity last night.

I believe Okafor has a much better game tonight. I think I counted 5-6 kisses off the board that rolled over the basket. I’m sure he’s working on that one.

I'll be interested to see Reid Travis, a player we pursued pretty hard at one point.

Otherwise, the big thing will be to see Jahlil against a big, veteran center.

Love JD ... like OldPhiKap, I'll be pulling for you every other game this season.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    I'm kind of ticked about this. I paid for a Goduke.com subscription thinking I'd be able to stream live video for all these games. Instead I'm paying $$ to listen to the flippin' radio, and I still have to endure endless adverts for fried pork rinds and the Washington Duke Inn. Oh well, at least Bob Harris is good.

Bump.

I can't believe this board would rather talk about UNC's trials and tribulations than the match-up with Johnny D tonight. I'm ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
    We don't get Tru TV anymore, since it was eliminated from our package last year, along with 4 other networks. I searched online for a streaming of the Duke Temple game, but could not find a free stream. I listened to Duke Radio and and had live stats.

Someone, please post a streaming link for The Duke Stanford game!!!! This is a MUST SEE Game!!!!!
    I watched the game last night on this stream: http://www.stream2watch.me/live-tv/tru-tv-live-stream

You'd need an extension like AdBlock for whichever internet browser you're using to avoid the pop-ups. Click on the white X box a few times and the stream should play!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Bump.

I can't believe this board would rather talk about UNC's trials and tribulations than the match-up with Johnny D tonight. I'm ashamed.
    Seems like there might be a collective disappointment over many people not getting TruTV. If I couldn't watch this game, I would be crushed.

That's my best defense. I hope that Duke's defense is better than that tonight though. Ha ha ha. Go Devils!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    I'll be interested to see Reid Travis, a player we pursued pretty hard at one point.

Otherwise, the big thing will be to see Jahlil against a big, veteran center.

Love JD ... like OldPhiKap, I'll be pulling for you every other game this season.
    Didn't realize that Reid ended up being a Mickie D. He was 37th in the RSCI and not ranked higher than 27 by any major services. So far he seems to be earning his stripes tho.

I hope this isn't a trap game for us. In the past, Stanford has had a habit of tempering our optimism early in the season... I still don't like Casey Jacobsen.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    I hope this isn't a trap game for us. In the past, Stanford has had a habit of tempering our optimism early in the season... I still don't like Casey Jacobsen.
    Me neither, but Mark Madsen ain't walking...err dancing?...through that door.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Me neither, but Mark Madsen ain't walking...err dancing?...through that door.
    Ha...yeah, it would be interesting to see this Duke team match up with the Stanford team of the late 1990's and into 2001...when they had the Collins brothers.