Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Ulis

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I'm pretty sure Calipari's Plan A was Emmanuel Mudiay . . . I don't think they were ever really serious about Tyus. It probably turned out the best for them, since they wouldn't have either guy if they had gotten Mudiay's commit. Ulis is a superb consolation prize, if he can even be considered that. He will be one of the better point guards in the country for the next 4 years. I see him staying at UK and having a solid career as both a backup and potentially as a starter.
    I think Ulis will ultimately prove to be one of the most important players on the UK team. The combination with Harrison gives us the chance to be special because they are so different it gives us tremendous depth and flexibility. We arepretty average on offense with potential to get much better but great defensively and a monster on the boards. Probably the best team in the country but certainly beatable and will likely loose 2 or 3 games. Having said that I doubt we will have a game this year where we are not favored or the better team.

If we are going to be beat I think the formula is fairly predictable (1) Have great guards that can shoot the "3" (2) You must have a great post player that demands a double team (3) Hope we settle for outside jumpers (4) You must figure out a way to get scores before we set up in a half court defense. I suspect that teams like Wisconsin could have a chance to beat us and after seeing Duke in person against Michigan State I would say you guys would have the best chance. Keep in mind though all those easy baskets you got against Michigan State...not going to happen against UK.

Good luck with your season and hope we meet for a Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Esseintes View Post
    Absolutely. I was one of those who mentioned that game. Not only did Duke lose early in the tournament that year, it also lost early to LSU. LSU, whose NBA talent consisted of a freshman Tyrus Thomas (not a single good year in the Association) and a senior guard who may have briefly appeared on a training camp roster at some point. Coached by a guy a couple of years from getting fired. Had someone suggested after the Texas game that a mediocre SEC team could compete with Duke, that person would have been...far more understanding of team sports than this thread.
    Call those us impressed with Ky lazy, adolescent, silly or whatever else; but to refer to the 2006 LSU as a mediocre SEC team is also silly, etc. they went 14-2 in that league and were ranked when we played them.

Don't look now but UK only up 5 at the half against Boston.

Wait, should I be putting this in the no jinx thread?

BU has a chance... Kentucky is bricking 3's

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post

Yep, wrong thread. But wait, aren't you and I the original 2 members of the kick the dogs and hate the children club from last season?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Yep, wrong thread. But wait, aren't you and I the original 2 members of the kick the dogs and hate the children club from last season?
    The word is you guys scare away Santa.

Luckily, I am fine with UK winning all their games but one.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    The word is you guys scare away Santa.

Luckily, I am fine with UK winning all their games but one.
    Leave Santa outta this or I'll have Rudolph give you an antler sammich.

I'm hoping he'll leave me several of these this winter:

ridgeway-pickled-santa.jpg

Yes. Now see what you did?

On a serious note, how the heck does Kentucky let Buffalo and Boston hang around while humiliating Kansas? And they only out-rebounded Boston by 4? (Though they did have 9 blocks, so all that height got some use.)

Either you just made a joke that went way over my head or I have a horrible memory. Or both. Probably the latter

Either you just made a joke that went way over my head or I have a horrible memory. Or both. Probably the latter
    Mistaken identity.

Last season, someone made that "accusation" after I think I started a thread about an upset alert and, of course, the team a lot of DBR was rooting for ended up losing and a couple of us were blamed for the upset not occurring and we were accused of kicking dogs or hating children. I guess it wasn't you then.

Last season, someone made that "accusation" after I think I started a thread about an upset alert and, of course, the team a lot of DBR was rooting for ended up losing and a couple of us were blamed for the upset not occurring and we were accused of kicking dogs or hating children. I guess it wasn't you then.
    See previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    See previous post.
    Ahhhh, it appears the dog kicker and child hater has stepped forward. While there is no obvious declaration of guilt in your post, it has jarred my memory and makes it very, very suspicious it was you. Suspicious enough to call for a $3.1M investigation (or more) to look for other evidence of dubious and questionable posting activity that may warrant temporary reduction or posting privileges or a post season ban thereof.

Ahhhh, it appears the dog kicker and child hater has stepped forward. While there is no obvious declaration of guilt in your post, it has jarred my memory and makes it very, very suspicious it was you. Suspicious enough to call for a $3.1M investigation (or more) to look for other evidence of dubious and questionable posting activity that may warrant temporary reduction or posting privileges or a post season ban thereof.
    Dadgummit, I don't member ever posting on this site before, and if I did it wasn't me.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    Dadgummit, I don't member ever posting on this site before, and if I did it wasn't me.
    Funny stuff. Could have been you in the third person.

"Altimania" is not one of my hang-ups -- nor is "altiphobia." Kentucky's Harrisons, although huge for college guards, were slower than Christmas against UConn last year; we'll see if they get the game feel to offset their apparent lack of speed and quickness. But, more likely, Tyler Ulis will need to be an important part of both offense and defense.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Kentucky's Harrisons, although huge for college guards, were slower than Christmas against UConn last year...
    Did you mean this?

christmasinconnecticut2.jpg

Or this?

christmasinconnecticut.jpg

I'm guessing the latter. In 3 games against Connecticut, Rakeem Christmas averaged 1.3 points and 3.7 rebounds. Meanwhile, that movie is a brisk 102 minutes.

Kentucky stands a good chance of retaining their number 1 defensive ranking with ken pomeroy if they keep holding opponents to 12 points in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Kentucky stands a good chance of retaining their number 1 defensive ranking with ken pomeroy if they keep holding opponents to 12 points in the first half.
    I'd be way more impressed if they weren't scheduling JV teams. Their schedule heats up considerably in December. That should tell us more about Kentucky before they hit SouthEastern Cupcake, er, Conference play.