Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Which is the exact opposite of being disappointed that your team might only have a chance to be second-best in the country.
    Not being a Duke fan. That's the exact opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Esseintes View Post
    It goes both ways, though. I've always treasured Duke's 2006 National Title, won when it blew out a top-5 Texas team by 30 in December 2005.
    Do you realize that Kentucky has 9 burgers? 9. And that's a team that barely lost in the title game last year.

We can play Dr. Pangloss all day, but, as much as I hate to say it, Kentucky set a pretty high bar.

They're ugly to watch on offense though. Okafor alone is more polished than all their bigs together.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke95 View Post
    Do you realize that Kentucky has 9 burgers? 9.
    If only we could think of another team out there this season that had 9 McDonald's All-Americans...

Give me Okafor and Winslow over any of their guys playing the same position. Maybe even Tyus Jones, because he is a pure point and deceptively good scorer.

I really think the two-headed backcourt of Quinn and Tyus is going to be huge for us. Those two shoot much better than UK's backcourt, which despite the suffocating defense, was not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    We should hang a banner :P
    We "won" most of the dork polls that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    If only we could think of another team out there this season that had 9 McDonald's All-Americans...
    And unlike UK, all of our McDonald's All-Americans are actually really Americans . . . get outta here, Trey Lyles, you can't be a Canadian "All-American"

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    We "won" most of the dork polls that year.
    at least we didn't lose to George Mason with a roster full of NBA players...that would be embarrassing.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Maybe we should start running platoons too. See how far that takes us.

Maybe we should start running platoons too. See how far that takes us.
    Duke might be 3-0.

Quote Originally Posted by TexHawk View Post
    KU will be fine. We have only won one of these Champions Classic games (against you guys last year). UK with Anthony Davis put a beatdown on us in 2011, but we made the final score respectable with a couple late threes. We ended up in the title game later that year. Bill Self isn't big on November games like Roy was.

UK isn't unbeatable, but they are clearly the worst possible matchup for KU early in the season. Our best perimeter shooter transferred a week before the season started, our frontline is small (compared to other years), and our two most talented players each got two fouls the minute they stepped on the court. That's not to say we don't have flaws. I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't expecting a competitive game and hopefully a win last night. Perimeter shooting will be a problem until a few guys relax, Oubre needs to mature quickly, Cliff needs to be more assertive around the basket. I have no reason to think we won't get better with each game, and be a real threat from February on. The conference winning streak may come to an end (Texas is bigger than us too), but my expectations for a championship contender haven't changed.

P.S. Super weird time to be a fan of anything Kansas related this fall. The Royals going to the World Series, the Chiefs having an inexplicable Super Bowl contending season... I looked up yesterday and was like, "Oh sh--! We're playing Kentucky tomorrow!" This takes some getting used to.

I agree with this... despite his FG%, I was impressed with Alexander. I expect he will be a monster going against "normal" college front lines as he gains experience over the course of the season. But you could tell watching him, he has tremendous athletic ability and a good nose for the ball when rebounding.

Did you watch the game yesterday? It was complete domination, and they were playing the #5 team in the country. UK's defense is a brick wall. Trying to do anything inside against them is basically an exercise in futility.

I can't say I came away optimistic about this season after watching that.
    You're right. Season should be called off and they should just give them the title based on one game in mid November.

Do you realize that Kentucky has 9 burgers? 9.
    Before his weight loss, didn't Kennedy Meeks have 9 burgers himself. He's only one player.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Did you watch the game yesterday? It was complete domination, and they were playing the #5 team in the country. UK's defense is a brick wall. Trying to do anything inside against them is basically an exercise in futility.

I can't say I came away optimistic about this season after watching that.
    It's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tappan Zee Devil View Post
    It's over.
    I agree. If we end up winning the title, it will be a triumph the likes of which has not been seen since we beat down UNLV.

Now I feel better.

Edit: if you're not watching the Cavs-Spurs, you should.

It's over.
    Nah, right now some guy in rural Kentucky is getting his "UK 2015 National Champs" tattoo and queering Cal's season again.

It's over.
    even if it was, who cares? so what if the nba all star team is playing at UNC...that doesn't mean we can't aim to be the best we can...and if that is a final four and a loss to a great team? so be it.

here's to running the table until we reach UK in the tournament...and who knows what might happen at that point.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    It's over.
    even if it was, who cares? so what if the nba all star team is playing at UNC...that doesn't mean we can't aim to be the best we can...and if that is a final four and a loss to a great team? so be it.

here's to running the table until we reach UK in the tournament...and who knows what might happen at that point.
    I believe Tappan was referring to the now famous thread that started after Boozer broke his foot in 2001, before we went on to win the championship. I don't mean to speak for him/her, but I don't believe they think the season is, indeed, 'over'.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Nah, right now some guy in rural Kentucky is getting his "UK 2015 National Champs" tattoo and queering Cal's season again.
    I believe the tattoo actually says "UK 2015 Undefeated National Champs".

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    I believe Tappan was referring to the now famous thread that started after Boozer broke his foot in 2001, before we went on to win the championship. I don't mean to speak for him/her, but I don't believe they think the season is, indeed, 'over'.
    was indeed = maybe I needed a smiley