Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Go to HELL, Carolina, go to HELL!

If you're going to be at the Devil Walk, consider that it's going to be at dusk. Some of us are bringing flashlights to "be a beacon" by lighting the sidewalk for the team. We want to light the way to the Coastal Division Championship. If lots of people do this, it could be a simple, but powerful gesture.

I think (or maybe I hope) we'll see a early, heavy dose of the Stable tonight. They haven't been able to stop the run all season, and that's our strong suit. So hopefully Scottie won't fix what ain't broken

GTHC!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeSean View Post
    I think (or maybe I hope) we'll see a early, heavy dose of the Stable tonight.
    I agree. We need to use our talented offensive line and pound away at the Tar Heels defense all night. Offensive balance will be important so mixing in the pass and running both inside and outside should keep Carolina guessing.

Because I am a glutton for punishment, I've watched the VT game several times on ESPN3 this week and it is amazing how successful we were running the ball in the 1st quarter against the Hokies. We ran the option pitch four times and gained > 10 yards each time. Boone successfully pitched the ball to both Snead and Wilson. Powell was successful on inside runs. Then we got pass happy and lost all rhythm on offense.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Because I am a glutton for punishment, I've watched the VT game several times on ESPN3 this week and it is amazing how successful we were running the ball in the 1st quarter against the Hokies. We ran the option pitch four times and gained > 10 yards each time. Boone successfully pitched the ball to both Snead and Wilson. Powell was successful on inside runs. Then we got pass happy and lost all rhythm on offense.
    The only explanation I could think of why we went away from the run was that due to our early exploits in the ground game, the coaches saw openings in the passing game and thought that we could take advantage of them. But unfortunately we just couldn't execute. Bad throws by AB, and that INT changed everything. Not to rehash old hash, but I hope we can just K.I.S.S. against UNC

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Dress warmly as the weather report says clear but cold with a low of 26 degrees tonight. I'm happy there is no rain in the forecast.
    interesting...ozzie's forcast was hotter than hell.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    interesting...ozzie's forcast was hotter than hell.
    cold fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    cold fusion.
    Cold stouts. Cold porters. (or Cole Porter if you like that genre of music which I do very much)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Cold stouts. Cold porters. (or Cole Porter if you like that genre of music which I do very much)
    Given that's only still 40 degrees up here, I'll stick to my ales for this game. Those stouts come in handy come December-May, when Boston finally starts warming up.

Go Duke! GTHCGTH!!!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I enjoy a good, hearty beer (be it lager, ale, porter, or stout) as much as the next person, but I have to say I thoroughly enjoy a good (read:not too sweet) hard cider on a regular basis.

Let's go Blue Devils!!

I can't help but find irony in Duke Football's "#OurBlueIsBetter" social media onslaught, when the team will be wearing head-to-toe black tonight.

Thought #2: I really want to win this game for the obvious reasons (one step closer to winning the Coastal, beat the heels), but also because here in Atlanta, GA Tech fans regard Duke with sheer disdain. I really didn't realize this until about the last year, but the Jackets hate us rather a lot, and they regard our football program as nothing more than an annoying upstart (more than a few of them refer to us as "Fluke" in message board posts and the like). Strutting around town for a while with a(nother) division championship, not to mention a win in their house, would be awfully nice.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Thought #2: I really want to win this game for the obvious reasons (one step closer to winning the Coastal, beat the heels), but also because here in Atlanta, GA Tech fans regard Duke with sheer disdain. I really didn't realize this until about the last year, but the Jackets hate us rather a lot, and they regard our football program as nothing more than an annoying upstart (more than a few of them refer to us as "Fluke" in message board posts and the like). Strutting around town for a while with a(nother) division championship, not to mention a win in their house, would be awfully nice.
    I'm wondering where all the hate comes from? Maybe the barbs Cut and PJ have traded over the years? I mean, who really cares about Tech except when we have to play them or they affect our standing? I'm not a fan of PJ himself, but the team in general I couldn't care less about.

Frankly, all the GT fans I've met around the Dallas area have been very complimentary of Duke's rise. Maybe I should wear my Duke football shirts a lot more when I'm in Atlanta

I want this game. I want to think, "See, you have this big state school, you cheated to get where you are, and you still got punked by a smaller private school that didn't cheat."

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    I want this game. I want to think, "See, you have this big state school, you cheated to get where you are, and you still got punked for the third straight year by a smaller private school that didn't cheat."
    Fixed that for you.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

45 minutes to kickoff...stadium slowly filling in...looked like a great Duke crowd walking in and Blue Devil alley in full force! GTHC!

DBR Chat is open.

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

And needless, yet always welcome, to say: Go to Hell!, Carolina. Go to Hell!

-jk

Wow! Duke, the favorite, on Thursday night nationally televised game.

Boy have we come a long way!!!

Nice crowd!

Go Duke!!!

Live stats, play analysis, and more for Duke/UNC here...

http://www.scacchoops.com/unc-at-duk...stats-11202014

Is it just me or are two of the announcers UNC homers?

That was a critically important drive. Huge first down pickup by Crowder (after Boone gakked the 3rd down throw).
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke