Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Streelman's 2015 Season

Streels is off to a good start in the new 2015 season that started in October. He placed second in the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open in Las Vegas, 26th in the CIMB Classic in Kuala Lampur and in the middle of the pack in the World Golf Championship in Shanghai this past weekend. The WGC was limited to the top 80 players from around the world.

Kevin is back in the US of A and is ranked #8 in the FedEx Cup standings for the new season.

He also announced a deal with Wilson Golf a few days ago.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Kevin at the Tournament of Champions

The field of 32 teed off today in the first round of the Hyundai T of C on Maui, for which Kevin qualified by winning the Traveler's event last year. He shot four under 69 today and is now tied for seventh, with players still on the course. The T of C runs Friday through Monday, so (I guess) it doesn't have to go up against the NFL playoffs in its final round.

Kevin has a busy January, following the Maui event with consecutive weekends at the Sony Open in Honolulu, the Humana Challenge at La Quinta, and the Waste Management Phoenix Open. Phoenix is the same weekend and city as the Super Bowl, and it will be Tiger's first event of the 2015 season, which began in October.

Kevin ranks #10 in the FedEx Cup standings, following a second place finish in the Shriners Hospital event in October and good events in Asia afterwards.

Go Kevin! Go Duke!
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

In the Hunt at Innisbrook...

Streelman, after a fairly quite January and February, is off to a great start in his first East Coast appearance. He is tied for second at -5 in the Valspar Tournament at the Innisbrook Resort in Palm Harbour, FL. Brendon de Jonge of So. AFrica has a one-stroke lead. Kevin is tied with Jordan Spieth, Henrik Stenson, Ryan Moore and one other player.

Streels entered this tournament at #28 in the FedEx Cup, thanks to a second-place finish at the Shriner's Hospital for Children Open at the beginning of the season (last October). He has qualified for the Masters with a win last season at the Travelers Open in Hartford.
    Sage Grouse

Nice Streelman mention

In today's WaPo:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...1-f0feafdd1394

Very nice thing for Streelman to do.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    In today's WaPo:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...1-f0feafdd1394

Very nice thing for Streelman to do.
    Surprised no one else beat me to this - Streelman with caddie referenced above won the Par 3 tournament at Masters. Maybe he can be the 1st winner of both tournaments in same year.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    Surprised no one else beat me to this - Streelman with caddie referenced above won the Par 3 tournament at Masters. Maybe he can be the 1st winner of both tournaments in same year.
    Let's hope he can beat the jinx...and win both. I'm picking him as my extreme long shot to win. If he gets hot, he can make a lot of birdies. Plus, I'm thinking the sports Gods are looking favorably upon Duke this week !!

Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    I enjoyed watching that story on Sports Center last night. They even made the Duke connection in the tease for the story.

Another good week to be a Blue Devil!

Good First Round at the Masters

Streels shot -2 for a 70 and is now tied for tenth with a bunch of others (a few players still out there). Very good start. Keep it up, Kevin! Go Duke!
    Sage Grouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Streels shot -2 for a 70 and is now tied for tenth with a bunch of others (a few players still out there). Very good start. Keep it up, Kevin! Go Duke!
    Very good start. Let's hope he continues to play well. I'd love to see him at least in contention come Sunday !! I think he is due for a big breakout.

In the Top Ten at the Masters

Streels posted his second-straight 70 and is now in a tie for seventh. Some folks are still on the course.
    Sage Grouse

So, Streels finishes today at -4, tied for 8th with Kevin Na, Bill Haas and Ryan Moore. Kinda too bad Jordan Spieth is running away with this thing ....
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Streels with another 70, putting him at -6 and tied with Tiger, Rory, Dustin Johnson& Na. But, absent a Greg Normanesque collapse, no one will catch Spieth.
    Last edited by Tripping William; 04-11-2015 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Streels with another 70, putting him at -6 and tied with Tiger, Rory, Dustin Johnson& Na. But, absent a Greg Normanesque collapse, no one will catch Spieth.
    if he shoots anything under 70, yeah...

but rose could easily shoot a 66 (especailly after the low scores that were out today, and are often out on the back 9 on sunday), and speith shoots 70 like he did today. the double on 17 killed him and the par save on 18 was huge.

we'll know by the turn whether he's going to win for sure or not.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    if he shoots anything under 70, yeah...

but rose could easily shoot a 66 (especailly after the low scores that were out today, and are often out on the back 9 on sunday), and speith shoots 70 like he did today. the double on 17 killed him and the par save on 18 was huge.

we'll know by the turn whether he's going to win for sure or not.
    Agreed. I posted that just before Spieth doubled 17.

Kevin earns spot in 2016 Masters

Kevin finished tied for 12th after shooting even par today. He bogeyed 16 but rebounded with a birdie on 17. The top 12 and ties earn berths in next year's tourney.

Good tourney for Streelman!

Streels Beats Tiger by 20 Shots

Kevin had a -7 65 today in the third round of Nicklaus's Memorial Tournament in Dublin, Ohio. He has moved into the top ten as play continues this afternoon.

Tiger, who made the cut on the number, shot 85 today, by far his worst score as a pro. He looks lost out there on the course.
    Sage Grouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Tiger, who made the cut on the number, shot 85 today, by far his worst score as a pro. He looks lost out there on the course.
    Woods shot 74 today to finish the tournament in last place at +14. Second to last place was 8 shots better at +6. Missing the cut would have been less embarrassing for Woods.
    Bob Green

Brittany Lang tied for lead with a few holes left in final round. On golf channel.

Kevin at St. Andrew's

Just got a tweet that our man Streels was a last-minute addition to the Open field at St. Andrew's.
    Sage Grouse