Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    My favorite.

Roy Williams in 2012.

"We know what our guys are majoring in. We know--every day we're in touch with these kids. So, it's something again that I'm very proud of."

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    My favorite.

Roy Williams in 2012.

"We know what our guys are majoring in. We know--every day we're in touch with these kids. So, it's something again that I'm very proud of."
    "How was class today, Rashad?"

"Heh. Good one, Coach."

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    If the NCAA is very analytical about this, their investigation would not require anymore interviews and would be an exercise in 1) eliminating the bogus classes, 2) calculating if an athlete had enough classes to be eligible (forget about the GPAs on this one) and then 3) decide if a team used an ineligible player. Take for example McCants, if we don't count any of his classes in the Spring of 2005 that means he was not a full time student so he was not eligible, his GPA is irrelevant.
    I keep seeing this analysis floated, but isn't it simpler than that? Isn't an athlete deemed ineligible if they are found to be lying to the NCAA or have in any way cheated? Wouldn't simply being ENROLLED in a fraudulent class, regardless of whether or not you'd be deemed eligible without it, be enough to disqualify you? Enrolling in a fraudulent class, then reporting that grade to the NCAA for purposes of calculating either your eligibility or the overall APR, ought to be disqualifying in and of itself. Am I wrong?

My favorite.

Roy Williams in 2012.

I can see it now... by "we" I mean the program, and of course that responsibility fell to the most ethical human being, Wayne Walden, that I've ever known...

Then there's this (would love to know who ON-HIGH is):

Crowder agreed to enroll the student, even as she noted that “(w)e are GETTING PRESSURE FROM ON-HIGH to reduce the numbers of independent study type courses.”

And then this, particularly the last sentence:

The emails also show a tight relationship between Crowder and Walden. He offered her tickets to games, which she accepted, and he gave her team paraphernalia such as clothing, calendars and posters. Crowder told Walden in 2004 that his predecessor, Burgess McSwain, would drop off team calendars and posters for her to distribute. They went, she wrote, to “some of the various and sundry people who helped keep these guys in school.”

Recall, Roy stated in a recent ESPN interview that the Wainstein Report found no such thing (that these classes were used to keep players eligible).

Oops.

"Rashad, I see you've been missing a lot of classes lately."

"I wouldn't say that I've been 'missing' them, Coach."

(Both chuckle)

My favorite.

Roy Williams in 2012.

Roy looking in the mirror...

Who's "we" Kemosabe?

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    My favorite.

Roy Williams in 2012.

Good one Jim. My favorite is the quote in my signature. I am thinking about starting a Roy thread and use it to post all his ignorant and conflicting statements since this sordid mess came to light.

Edit: Forgot to add... my signature... that's something again I'm very proud of!

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    I am thinking about starting a Roy thread and use it to post all his ignorant and conflicting statements since this sordid mess came to light.
    To this list of modifiers, I would add, "just flat-out nonsensical."
    Roy, as quoted in this morning's News-Observer:
    Four months later, at a press conference, an N&O reporter asked Williams why his players had stopped taking AFAM paper classes by the start of the fall 2009 semester. Was it because Crowder had retired, or did someone in the program notice something wrong?

Williams responded: “You say we either did something, or we didn’t do something. Maybe guys, girls, just decided not to take certain classes.”
    I've added the emphasis here basically to accentuate my point that...Huh? What does Roy's bolded statement above even mean?

is anyone keeping a cumulative rap sheet on these guys, particularly what is not even in dispute any longer? Seems to me that all this stuff about the class fraud has taken attention from Wheels for Heels, mouthguard endorsements, and on and on. Smaller schools would have been crushed for any one of these. UNC skates, perhaps b/c of the power of a certain sports programming network -both its contracts and its relative silence. Not to mention the inaction of the ACC commissioner, the NCAA's weak knees etc etc.

Anyway it's quite a record of malfeasance they're accumulating. I wonder who can keep up with it all ... and what would it take for the NCAA to act? Is there anything that UNC could not get away with?

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    Dan Kane - Gonna buy you a beer, dood....
    The NCAA infractions committee needs to buy him a whole case/keg and PackPride needs to award him an honorary degree.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    And what a pity so many people will confuse Michael McAdoo with James Michael McAdoo.
    Oops! That was confusing. No wonder no one mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I've added the emphasis here basically to accentuate my point that...Huh? What does Roy's bolded statement above even mean?
    Trying to figure out what Roy's golly shucks double talk actually means is something you'll probably need a degree for, preferably an AFAM degree.

What do philosophers like to point out -- the converse or the contrapositive? Lessee... Suppose the NCAA buys Bubba's argument and agrees that the players are eligible and can receive academic credit 'cuz they were enrolled in officially accepted courses and UNC accepted the grades given and put the grades on the players' transcripts. Then, of course, by this rationale, it's OK with the NCAA to have a non-faculty member, totally without academic qualifications, create courses that require no meaningful class time or academic work, and submit high grades for athletes based on work that may not even have been read, much less evaluated by a qualified faculty member. Good luck with this line of reasoning, Bubba!

I think UNC better man the lifeboats, and Roy should look to put his financial affairs in order. This ship is going down-n-n-n!!
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by hudlow View Post
    Roy looking in the mirror...

Who's "we" Kemosabe?
    If ol' roy, speaking of roy williams in the third person, throws himself under the bus, can he still drive the bus?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    If ol' roy, speaking of roy williams in the third person, throws himself under the bus, can he still drive the bus?
    Well, he's already lumped himself in with Jesus by claiming never to have done something he shouldn't have done. So the ability to be in three places at once would seem to logically follow...

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Well, he's already lumped himself in with Jesus by claiming never to have done something he shouldn't have done. So the ability to be in three places at once would seem to logically follow...
    Made me think of this:

"How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You're Not Anywhere at All"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Can...nywhere_at_All

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Made me think of this:

That kinda ranks up there with: "If you don't know where you're going any road will get you there."

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Made me think of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    That kinda ranks up there with: "If you don't know where you're going any road will get you there."
    Well, considering we've been discussing public transportation vehicles, this might be even more appropriate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Think...os_on_This_Bus

New signs on Franklin Street:

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    New signs on Franklin Street:

image.jpg
    Would love to have that poster in my office