Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    We're 3.5 point dogs now... I like those odds.

Good article from Pitt writer with Laura Keeley

Here is an article on the Pitt offensive line:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/P...s/201410310160

For an offense predicated on running the football, Hueber [OL Coach] and head coach Paul Chryst admitted that the line play isn't where they want it to be.
    Bob Green

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Bumping this up. Perhaps we can talk more about DUKE games for a while than about cheaters.

Fairly miserable evening weather wise in downtown Pittsburgh, though I heard one forecast for tomorrow that indicated the rain won't be bad tomorrow. Hopefully the field isn't so saturated that a punt will stick in the grass/mud!

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Bumping this up. Perhaps we can talk more about DUKE games for a while than about cheaters.

Fairly miserable evening weather wise in downtown Pittsburgh, though I heard one forecast for tomorrow that indicated the rain won't be bad tomorrow. Hopefully the field isn't so saturated that a punt will stick in the grass/mud!
    I'll bump on the same sentiment.

Looks like cold, but not freezing, with a 30% chance of rain. I believe Heinz Field still has natural grass.

Important game.

With field conditions forecasted the way they are, who would you think it benefits?

Both teams have good running games, but Pitt relies much more heavily on a single back than Duke's 4-back rotation. It's almost a wash, depending on if Conner can stay fresh late into the game. To me, the sloppy weather would hamper Voytik's ability to run out of the pocket and could be a benefit to us. I figure Boone will still have his brilliant moments and his WTH moments, so bad weather or not we'd still be searching for consistency with him.

Gameday Saturday.

When they write the history of the 2014 ACC Coastal Division football championship, how prominently will this game be featured ...

I bet the payers are psyched to play in an NFL stadium ...

Betting lines

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    We're 3.5 point dogs now... I like those odds.
    I don't get it. According to Vegas sources, over 90% of the action is on us, but the betting line has only dropped to 3. Usually Vegas wise guys have a pretty good handle on things. What do they see that I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by bleudiable View Post
    I don't get it. According to Vegas sources, over 90% of the action is on us, but the betting line has only dropped to 3. Usually Vegas wise guys have a pretty good handle on things. What do they see that I'm missing?
    I like being a small underdog in these games. Local reporters are mixed on our chances with Laura Keeley and the Carolina beat writer picking Pitt.
    Last edited by arnie; 11-01-2014 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Typo

Pitt QB Chad Voytik on Duke:

"I consider their defense a bend-don't-break defense, and they've got a good offense," Voytik said.

"They get turnovers here and there on defense when they need them, and they've got a good offense. I think that's led to their success."
    http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/P...s/201411010124
    Bob Green

Checking some weather reports, looks like some fog and light rain in Pittsburgh this morning; most rain finished by 11:00 AM, some wind (10 to 14 mph) and high near 40 for the day.

Steve Wiseman has an interesting article posted at the Herald Sun:

http://www.heraldsun.com/sports/duke...t-loss-to-Pitt

Coach Cutcliffe on the disparity between the defense being statistically strong in points allowed at 15.1 per game versus giving up 398 yards per game:

“If we can keep them from scoring it will be OK,” Cutcliffe said. “You’d prefer to not give up the yardage, etc. We have played well in the red zone. We have done a good job, not great, but a good job of taking the ball away at opportune times. We’ve done a really good job of giving up less yardage in the second half than we did in the first half. I’ve looked at thery thing you are talking about. What’s going on here? Everything statistically is about points per game. It’s the only thing that will ever matter in football.”
    Bob Green

Pitt has a pretty solid team, their implosion vs GT last week notwithstanding. It won't be easy. But I like our coaching over theirs...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Pitt has a pretty solid team, their implosion vs GT last week notwithstanding. It won't be easy. But I like our coaching over theirs...
    or their loss to akron, or their loss to iowa...

i think they're a pretty good team, but their very inconsistent.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I cannot think of an ACC coaching staff that I would switch with.

Quote Originally Posted by bleudiable View Post
    I don't know but if over 90 percent of the action is on us and the line has only moved 1/2 point, they feel very strongly that we're a lock to lose. I hope they're wrong.

Just like we drew it up! Bend but don't break.

Gumby defense, slinky offense!

Oh, Pitt is now a 7-point underdog! Ha!

Well, the run defense is certainly doing a lot of bending.

Yikes. They really pushed us around at the line of scrimmage. Gotta figure that out.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block