Live stats for the Blue/White scrimmage

Don't see a game thread, but you can check out live stats for the Blue/White scrimmage here. The teams are posted, with T. Jones, M. Jones, Winslow, Jefferson, and Okafor on the White team. The Blue team has Cook, Allen, Sulaimon, Ojeleye, and Plumlee.

Follow the live stats for the game here...

http://www.scacchoops.com/duke-at-du...all-live-stats

The starters crushed the backups 34-17 in the first segment. Okafor is somehow better than advertised. Possesses more range than I thought. Scored on a Tim Duncan bank shot and then a foul line jumper as well.

Yeah Okafor has been ridiculous. The total package on offense.

Both Joneses looked good as well. Tyus showed some great playmaking and Matt's shotput shot has apparently found the mark.

Actually, most of the team looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post

Both Joneses looked good as well. Tyus showed some great playmaking and Matt's shotput shot has apparently found the mark.

Okafor is on another level. After him Rasheed played really well, I know Matt might start at the two guard but it's going to be hard to keep Sulaimon off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod Drain View Post
    Okafor is on another level. After him Rasheed played really well, I know Matt might start at the two guard but it's going to be hard to keep Sulaimon off the court.
    I continue to believe that Sheed could be an NBA player, he just needs to commit and get it all together.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post

In the warmups prior to half one, I did not see Matt miss a 3. I was switching my eyes from end to end checking the guys out so did not see all of his shots, but I watched him hit 6 in a row from the right wing at one point. Then he made I believe his first 2 or maybe 3? once the scrimmage began. Looks like someone put in a lot of work on his shot over the summer. Hope he sustains it. Rasheed's 3 ball looked better as well, but more importantly he drove the ball differently. Less contortion, more seeking or at least absorbing the contact, and better finishes. The guy should live at the line to be honest. Just take that left shoulder straight to the chest of the shot blocker, and not care if it goes in or gets blocked. Draw the foul, make your freebies and move on.

That should be his mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    In the warmups prior to half one, I did not see Matt miss a 3. I was switching my eyes from end to end checking the guys out so did not see all of his shots, but I watched him hit 6 in a row from the right wing at one point. Then he made I believe his first 2 or maybe 3? once the scrimmage began. Looks like someone put in a lot of work on his shot over the summer. Hope he sustains it. Rasheed's 3 ball looked better as well, but more importantly he drove the ball differently. Less contortion, more seeking or at least absorbing the contact, and better finishes. The guy should live at the line to be honest. Just take that left shoulder straight to the chest of the shot blocker, and not care if it goes in or gets blocked. Draw the foul, make your freebies and move on.

That should be his mindset.
    This. All day. Combine that with K's comment that he is our best on-ball defender, that's all ACC play.