Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by stillcrazie View Post
    The Cosmic Cantina is the bottom of the barrel for Mexican food.
    Not even close.

If you've ever eaten at one of the various locations of Torero's, El Rodeo, Monterrey and other "Speedy Gonzalez" types, Cosmic ain't even close to the bottom of the barrel.

Opinions are like...baskets of chips...everybody has one.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Not even close.

If you've ever eaten at one of the various locations of Torero's, El Rodeo, Monterrey and other "Speedy Gonzalez" types, Cosmic ain't even close to the bottom of the barrel.

Opinions are like...baskets of chips...everybody has one.
    Agreed; those are horrible, too - they are all preparing "Mexican" food for gringos. Go to Don Becerra on Club and Roxboro and get yourself a huarache con carne asada or a torta cubana and then try to eat that Americanized crap again. If you don't speak any Spanish, just point to the picture of what you want. Then go around the corner to La Monarcha and get yourself a paleta (Mexican popsicle).

Agreed; those are horrible, too - they are all preparing "Mexican" food for gringos. Go to Don Becerra on Club and Roxboro and get yourself a huarache con carne asada or a torta cubana and then try to eat that Americanized crap again. If you don't speak any Spanish, just point to the picture of what you want. Then go around the corner to La Monarcha and get yourself a paleta (Mexican popsicle).
    Haven't tried these; I'd like to throw Dos Perros in there as my favorite Mexican restaurant in Durham

I'll check them out. It was a sad day when Los Comales shut down.

I am still sad about Los Comales, too!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD View Post
    Heresy.
    Heresy is right.

I'm takin' names.

- Chillin

Click on Resources link above (next to Quick Links). Then click on DBR Visitors Bureau. Go to bottom of page and click on Google Maps. Hopefully you'll be delighted with what you find and devil84, -jk, Native and some "other" frequent poster will reward you with a million food points (or sporks) for viewing at all the hard work, well, some of the hard work that went into creating that helpful part of DBR for all current and future posters to discover, enjoy and grow to love.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.