Fantasy Basketball Tips

Hi guys,

This going to be a different kind of fantasy basketball post.

1) I'm not inviting you to join a league (Sorry)

We want to keep it real real close. I've got 3 friends who want to start a basketball leauge. The problem is that normally, fantasy leagues fail miserably due to lack of interest when you have 10+ owners.

I was wondering if anyone has ever created a 4 person league... How do you make it fun? Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Skitzle

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzle View Post
    Hi guys,

This going to be a different kind of fantasy basketball post.

1) I'm not inviting you to join a league (Sorry)

We want to keep it real real close. I've got 3 friends who want to start a basketball leauge. The problem is that normally, fantasy leagues fail miserably due to lack of interest when you have 10+ owners.

I was wondering if anyone has ever created a 4 person league... How do you make it fun? Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Skitzle
    In my experience, I have found that you actually really need 10+ owners to make a league fun. With just 4 owners, every team will be completely stacked, and winning and losing is just random. But if you're adamant about just 4 owners, so be it. Just something I've observed that the leagues I've played in have been less fun with fewer members.

As for tips, I can't really say too much. I find fantasy leagues to be inherently fun just the way they are. Not much needs to be spruced up with the concept. I would suggest doing a live draft (if it is feasible). It is loads of fun to talk trash, drink beer (if you're of age of course), and pick your team yourself. The draft itself is perhaps my favorite part of fantasy sports, so I try to go all out and make that an extravaganza.

I don't know much about Fantasy Basketball, but I would not consider a 4 man Fantasy Football league. I played in a 6 man league once, and it was boring.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never had a fantasy league fail due to lack of interest. I have had issues with one or two teams failing to set lineups.

I did fantasy NBA for several years when I was younger. We didn't have a huge league, maybe 6-8 guys.

The league became a problem when I realized I was combing boxscores to see how many minutes Quentin Richardson had the previous night. I highly recommend not allowing daily roster changes for this reason.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR