Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    No, it's not. I am invoking "parent defends child" logic. The coach must be at fault because my child is perfect.

By the way, expanding to "ACCers in the NBA", the explosion of attention surrounding Clemson's KJ McDaniels has been pretty remarkable. I know he's been talked about in this thread (I couldn't find the posts) and I have only seen highlights, but on a recent podcast, I heard Bill Simmons say, "Are we sure McDaniels isn't a better long term prospect than Jabari?" The kid has come a long way from fouling Rodney Hood at the end of the ACC tournament quarters last spring. Good for him.
    That kid sure can play. I was kind of hoping he'd find his way to the Bulls as he's a perfect Thibs player. But he has clearly put in a lot of work since he came to college and I agree - nice to see it paying off for him. I'm not sure I'd go quite as hyperbolic as Simmons did, but the general gist of his statement rings true.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    No, it's not. I am invoking "parent defends child" logic. The coach must be at fault because my child is perfect.

By the way, expanding to "ACCers in the NBA", the explosion of attention surrounding Clemson's KJ McDaniels has been pretty remarkable. I know he's been talked about in this thread (I couldn't find the posts) and I have only seen highlights, but on a recent podcast, I heard Bill Simmons say, "Are we sure McDaniels isn't a better long term prospect than Jabari?" The kid has come a long way from fouling Rodney Hood at the end of the ACC tournament quarters last spring. Good for him.
    I mean, Jesus Christ, Simmons. Yes, we are sure. That guy's complacency and casual narrative-based theorizing is just unendurable for me. Which is not to say a word against McDaniels, a player I am really rooting for. He bet on himself with that contract, and it looks as though it will pay off. Baller.

Just saw where Kyrie left the game just before halftime with a hyperextended (?) left knee. Sheesh. Hope it's not serious.

Best wishes to Kyrie..

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Just saw where Kyrie left the game just before halftime with a hyperextended (?) left knee. Sheesh. Hope it's not serious.

Best wishes to Kyrie..
    It looked pretty bad in real time. I hope it's only hyperextended!!

Rachel Nichols (@Rachel__Nichols) tweeted at 9:26 PM on Thu, Dec 11, 2014:

Kyrie Irving officially has left knee contusion, will return. Just told me "I'm good"
    (https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/...029086209?s=03)

Yeah, looked worse than it was. The angle in which his knee buckled screamed ACL. Thankfully it was minor and he started the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Yeah, looked worse than it was. The angle in which his knee buckled screamed ACL. Thankfully it was minor and he started the second half.
    So happy to see him back on the court so quickly. It really looked awful when I first saw it. As a survivor of two knee surgeries myself, I could hardly watch it.

McBob likely out for the season

Torn meniscus. Sad. Pray for a speedy recovery.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...f-indefinitely
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Another Duke injury

Jabari gets hurt

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...s-sprains-knee

They're saying sprained knee. Hope that's all it is.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Torn meniscus. Sad. Pray for a speedy recovery.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...f-indefinitely
    J MAC is very out for the Season. Just heard them talking about it on the radio here in So FLO. Chris Bosh is also not looking good, looks like a lost season for my Heat, but its the Eastern Conf we can still make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by AIRFORCEDUKIE View Post
    J MAC is very out for the Season. Just heard them talking about it on the radio here in So FLO. Chris Bosh is also not looking good, looks like a lost season for my Heat, but its the Eastern Conf we can still make the playoffs.
    Do you really want to make the playoffs? I know tanking isn't popular (and it shouldn't be), but if it's a lost season, why not beef up the future with a juicy lottery pick?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

It's only Duke-adjacent news, allegedly, but I'm surprised no one on this thread reported Kobe Bryant passing Michael Jordan for 3rd on the NBA career scoring list.

Kobe is now the 3rd highest scorer ever to wear a Laker uniform.

brutestrength.jpg

Do you really want to make the playoffs? I know tanking isn't popular (and it shouldn't be), but if it's a lost season, why not beef up the future with a juicy lottery pick?
    Chokin' for Oak?

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Chokin' for Oak?
    Blah for Jah?

Chill for Jahlil?

YES!!!

Yes I want to make the playoffs. We would have to suck bad enough to get a top ten pick, because remember the Heats 2015 first pick goes to The 76ers via Cleveland in the Lebron sign and trade. It is top ten protected so the Heat would have to suck bad enough to get that low. So we could suck really good and end up 11th and then the 76ers would wind up with the 11th pick. No thanks I would rather not take the chance plus we have so much cap space that will be open for 2016 free agents we will be just fine. And considering that a lot of teams already have a huge head start on tanking this season the risk is not worth the reward.

Another way this could hurt a Duke guy is the Heat could wave a player, presumably Andre Dawkins and get a 2.65 mil injury exception for J Mac. That would be awful but it is a likely scenario. However the reports are a bit mixed on whether Josh will be out all season, some say he could come back for a playoff push however pointless that would be.

Mason is putting up some good numbers lately for Brooklyn.
    23 points (9-13 FG, 0-1 3P, 5-11 FT) with eight rebounds, two assists and two blocks in 37 minutes during Wednesday's loss to the Raptors
    Interesting to see that attempted a 3 pointer....

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Mason is putting up some good numbers lately for Brooklyn.
    23 points (9-13 FG, 0-1 3P, 5-11 FT) with eight rebounds, two assists and two blocks in 37 minutes during Wednesday's loss to the Raptors
    Interesting to see that attempted a 3 pointer....
    Saw part of game, his 3- pointer was 3/4 court after rebound at end of 3rd quarter. That shot was closer than a string of FTs he missed (short and grazing underside of rim). He looked his normal very athletic gangly self. The commentators were shocked with his ups on one play at the basket.

Mason Plumlee Has Been Doing Good

MP2 put up 21 pts and 12 rebs against the Pistons today in a 110-105 victory. Since Brook Lopez has gone down with an injury, Plumlee has really stepped up and played great. In the past 6 games, he's averaging 18.0 pts and 10.2 rebs while shooting 68.2% from the floor (but just 51.4% from the free throw line). He's also averaging 1.5 assists, 1.5 blocks, and almost a steal per game.

Plumlee was struggling to get consistent playing time for new head coach Lionel Hollins early in the season. A slew of injuries has forced Plumlee into the starting lineup and he has responded with his most productive stretch of basketball in his short career. It's really rewarding to see him play so well, even if the team is not doing so hot. The future does look pretty good for the young big man.

It was a real pleasure watching Mason tonight. At one point the announcer called him the "plumber". In the after game discussion the remark " his activity was huge" was made!
    He even knocked down two clutch FT's. Well Done!