Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    PS blazindw ... thanks for the corrections on the locations of the Military and Duck Bowls. The Quick Lane Bowl is in Ford Field ... is that downtown Detroit or out on the suburbs? I hope it doesn't matter -- any of the three bottom bowls would mean a lousy end to the season.
    Ford Field is downtown. Right in the Foxtown district next to Comerica Park and 3 blocks from Greektown. Awesome part of downtown and contrary to what the world will tell you, there's a ton to do/eat/drink in that part of downtown. But, I won't settle for a Quick Lane Bowl appearance despite it being in my hometown. Let's go to Florida!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Orange Bowl or Bust

Since im right down the road and it would be incredibly awesome, im hoping for an Orange bowl Bid.. However a Russell athletic bowl bid will be just as good, only difference is I cant go to Tootsies Cabaret once the game is over.

The Bitcoin Bowl? No way. We'll be leading 28-20, when all of sudden two of our touchdowns will disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    The Bitcoin Bowl? No way. We'll be leading 28-20, when all of sudden two of our touchdowns will disappear.
    Field goals will be worth 3 points in the first quarter; 9 in the second; 27 in the third; and 12 in the fourth. (Projected)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Field goals will be worth 3 points in the first quarter; 9 in the second; 27 in the third; and 12 in the fourth. (Projected)
    In reality if it worked like Bitcoin mining really works, you would start out 7 on 7 football, then after you scored some, you could trade some points for more players on the field. The gamble would be how many points to save vs. investing in more bodies.

Oh well. Pinstripe Bowl?

Yep, Pinstripe Bowl.

Orange, until forced to conclude otherwise.

We can win the Coastal.

We can beat FSU.

We have the best coach in the ACC, and a program that reflects it.

Clemson's starting quarterback coming back from injury could be problematic. Their offense has really struggled the past few games without him. But I still think we'll stand a great chance in the championship game and beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Orange, until forced to conclude otherwise.

We can win the Coastal.

We can beat FSU.

We have the best coach in the ACC, and a program that reflects it.
    Competing for championships. That's always been the goal with this current coaching staff. Looks like we have a legit shot much sooner than anyone outside that staff ever imagined

Quote Originally Posted by DukeSean View Post
    Competing for championships. That's always been the goal with this current coaching staff. Looks like we have a legit shot much sooner than anyone outside that staff ever imagined
    To pound a platitudinous phrase, one game at a time. If we TCoB with Pitt on Saturday, my volume level increases another decibel or three.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Clemson's starting quarterback coming back from injury could be problematic. Their offense has really struggled the past few games without him. But I still think we'll stand a great chance in the championship game and beat them.
    In what bizarro world would we play Clempson in the ACCCG? Even if FSU had lost tonight to Lewisville, FSU would still need to lose again for Clempson to make it because the Noles hold the tiebreaker over the Tigers after beating them in OT earlier this year.

And before you say it, Lewisville has 2 ACC losses (Clempson, UVA), so they would not factor into the tiebreaking procedure one bit.

And also, we are still ways away from clinching. I don't want to piss off the weauf gods this early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    To pound a platitudinous phrase, one game at a time. If we TCoB with Pitt on Saturday, my volume level increases another decibel or three.
    Well, we had a chance last year too, even if it was a Lloyd Christmas chance, of winning the ACC. We can legitimately say we're competing for ACC championships year after year no matter how the rest of the season turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by AncientPsychicT View Post
    In what bizarro world would we play Clempson in the ACCCG? Even if FSU had lost tonight to Lewisville, FSU would still need to lose again for Clempson to make it because the Noles hold the tiebreaker over the Tigers after beating them in OT earlier this year.

And before you say it, Lewisville has 2 ACC losses (Clempson, UVA), so they would not factor into the tiebreaking procedure one bit.
    Obviously, I was getting cocky about the Louisville score, and also predicting an FSU loss to Miami. But I'll get aboard the FSU train now.

FSU's win helps keep Duke's slim Orange Bowl hopes alive. As it stands, Duke needs to either:

(1) Win the Coastal and beat FSU in the ACC title game

(2) Win the Coastal and hope FSU makes the four-team playoff AND have the selection committee decide Duke is the second-best ACC team. Right now, that's probably two-loss Clemson, but if Louisville had won, it would probably have killed FSU's playoff chances, sending them to the Orange Bowl ... plus, it would have put two-loss Louisville ahead of Duke in the ACC pecking order.

Right now, we're still looking up at Clemson, but they could lose to Georgia Tech and/or South Carolina. Either one would open the door for an 11-win Duke team.

I know it's still a long shot -- and we've got to win out in the regular season (as we did a year ago). But if Louisville had pulled the upset, our Orange chances would have all but disappeared (except for the longshot that we win the ACC title game).

FSU 8-0, 5-0

DUKE 7-1, 3-1

GT 7-2, 4-2

Clemson 6-2, 5-1

BC 6-3, 3-2
    Miami 6-3, 3-2
    L'ville 6-3, 4-3

------------------------------------------

NC State 5-4, 1-4

-------------------------------------------

UNC 4-5, 2-3
    UVA 4-5, 2-3
    PITT 4-5, 2-3
    VT 4-5, 1-4

SYR 3-6, 1-4

WF 2-6, 0-4

Duke is up to #20 in the Week 11 Coaches Poll:

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa.../coaches-poll/

The AP Poll should be released around 2 pm EST.
    Bob Green

Top 20. Exactly where I expected them to begrudgingly place us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Duke is up to #20 in the Week 11 Coaches Poll:

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa.../coaches-poll/

The AP Poll should be released around 2 pm EST.
    22 in the ap pool
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by nyesq83 View Post
    Top 20. Exactly where I expected them to begrudgingly place us.
    Not sure why the coaches would "begrudge" us for anything (?)

And, FWIW, I think we are ranked adequately.