• Ricky Gervais, ‘Extras,’ HBO;

3 9.38%
  • Tony Shalhoub, ‘Monk,’ USA;

7 21.88%
  • Steve Carell, ‘The Office,’ NBC;

12 37.50%
  • Alec Baldwin, ‘30 Rock,’ NBC;

6 18.75%
  • Charlie Sheen, ‘Two and a Half Men,’ CBS.

4 12.50%

Emmy poll #1 "Lead Actor in a Comedy Series

vote for your favorite Lead Actor in a Comedy Series

These are the actual Emmy nominated individuals.
    Last edited by Bluedawg; 09-13-2007 at 09:26 AM.

I voted for Steve Carrell and now I have buyer(voter?)'s remorse. While I like The Office better, I think Jack Donaghy is a much funnier character than Michael Scott, and I didn't even see there was an option for Ricky Gervais, who I think I should have voted for...

-- added this later --
    Actually maybe it's better that I voted for Steve Carrell since Monk is 2nd place and only behind by 1 vote. I can't stand him
    Last edited by hc5duke; 09-13-2007 at 08:12 PM.

Would the three people who voted for Charlie Sheen please identify yourselves? I have to ban you from further posting on the DBR. Your votes are an abomination.

--Jason "thanks for your cooperation" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Would the three people who voted for Charlie Sheen please identify yourselves? I have to ban you from further posting on the DBR. Your votes are an abomination.

Oh sweet Jeebus, word.

Where's Sanjaya?

There are SO many polls going on. I think I'll join billybreen in this category. Then again, I voted for LENTILS in my favorite DBR poll.

Beware of the backlash effect. Wasn't that how Marisa Tomei got her Oscar?

Let's go Sheen!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

I voted for Charlie Sheen only because his show is the only one of the five that I occasionaly watch and because the best comedic actor was not even listed, William Shatner as Denny Crane!!
    Tom Mac

I really don't understand...

...how anyone has time for TV shows? I mean, watching the "talking heads" on the news channels is a must if I'm going to be able to participate on the PPB, I actually enjoy movies, and sports is my life, so how am I suppose to be able to watch TV? Recently, I've spent way too much time on the Internet reading about "the feet" in an unsuccessful effort to actually understand what Greybeard is talking about. Oh yeah, and I have a job as well!
    Bob Green

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).

The Emmy Awards themselves are an abomination if nobody from How I Met Your Mother was nominated in this category. Actually, I just did a quick check and it seems that Doogie was the only cast member nominated in any category. What a pathetic joke.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommac View Post
    William Shatner
    Speaking of abominations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    ...how anyone has time for TV shows? I mean, watching the "talking heads" on the news channels is a must if I'm going to be able to participate on the PPB, I actually enjoy movies, and sports is my life, so how am I suppose to be able to watch TV? Recently, I've spent way too much time on the Internet reading about "the feet" in an unsuccessful effort to actually understand what Greybeard is talking about. Oh yeah, and I have a job as well!
    Skip the talking heads. I read news articles while I'm watching TV, and that serves the PPB purpose much better than wind bags yelling over talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Speaking of abominations.
    anyone who voted for charlie sheen is an abomination

</sarcasm>

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    I voted for Steve Carrell and now I have buyer(voter?)'s remorse. While I like The Office better, I think Jack Donaghy is a much funnier character than Michael Scott, and I didn't even see there was an option for Ricky Gervais, who I think I should have voted for...

-- added this later --
    Actually maybe it's better that I voted for Steve Carrell since Monk is 2nd place and only behind by 1 vote. I can't stand him
    My two favorite non-Conchords comedy moments, at least when measured by hilarity per syllable, from the past year were probably:

1) Donaghy's "Well played, Garkle." from the "Cleveland" episode.
    2) Gervais and the exploding fizzy-water when trying to pick up a cast mate.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    My two favorite non-Conchords comedy moments, at least when measured by hilarity per syllable, from the past year were probably:

1) Donaghy's "Well played, Garkle." from the "Cleveland" episode.
    2) Gervais and the exploding fizzy-water when trying to pick up a cast mate.
    don't have HBO but FotC seems like a show I would enjoy