Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Why would that be the case? we had GT at 12 until they switched schema, and even then, they barely cracked 24. Why should we expect UVA to do better?
    Well aside from what my arthritic knees were telling me this morning, 24 points is about what UVa has been averaging against comparable and arguably better teams: 20 against UCLA in a loss, 23 against Pittsburgh, 24 against L-ville, both wins. Duke was focused on GT's running game and while GT has a more productive offense overall, it's one-dimensional by comparison to UVa which is more opportunistic and balanced (220 ypg pass, 177 ypg rush). Because Duke's safeties are drop-dead excellent and its defensive backs handle single coverage well Duke was able to attack the running game with its linebackers and safeties and GT just doesn't execute well when forced away from its run-oriented triple option. More to the point there were fewer offensive possessions in the Tech game for obvious reasons (Each team had 4 during the first half excluding one time-limited possession for Duke), than I think you'll see on Saturday against Va. More possessions favor more scoring generally and also favor more opportunistic teams.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 10-17-2014 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Edits required by Weauxfgod Publishing Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    Blackout Map:

Affiliates again:
    http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detail...uke-2014-10-06

Area in Black:
    -One of the stations on the list linked above
    -Online through ACC website http://theacc.co/FBLive14UVAvsDUKE

Area in Green:
    -One of the stations on the list linked above
    -Online through ACC website http://theacc.co/FBLive14UVAvsDUKE
    -ESPN3
    -ESPN GamePlan

Compared to last week, we lose one station and gain three others. That pushes the television household count over 90 million and 80% covering more than 120 markets.
    The affiliate in Wilmington, NC is currently listing a NASCAR truck race instead of the game. Grrr.

Reason for hope if we fall behind early

Don't fret if we find ourselves down at the half -- Coach Cut has proven adept at adjusting to Mike London's schemes.

Most everyone recalls last year's incredible comeback victory, but does anyone remember the halftime score of the game one year earlier in Durham? 17-14. Final score? 17-42. (I'd long forgotten both of these facts myself.) So if my maths are correct, we've hung a total of 56 points on the Hoos after halftimes of the past two games. Perhaps more importantly, we've also held the Hoos scoreless during the same timeframes.

I love our coach for everything he does off the field, but that's just awesome right there.

No better time to get back to finishing strong than tomorrow agains the Wahoos.

Quote Originally Posted by brickey View Post
    Don't fret if we find ourselves down at the half -- Coach Cut has proven adept at adjusting to Mike London's schemes.

Most everyone recalls last year's incredible comeback victory, but does anyone remember the halftime score of the game one year earlier in Durham? 17-14. Final score? 17-42. (I'd long forgotten both of these facts myself.) So if my maths are correct, we've hung a total of 56 points on the Hoos after halftimes of the past two games. Perhaps more importantly, we've also held the Hoos scoreless during the same timeframes.

I love our coach for everything he does off the field, but that's just awesome right there.

No better time to get back to finishing strong than tomorrow agains the Wahoos.
    Interesting... a few years ago, if Duke was trailing at halftime, I mostly felt that it was "over". But in the past couple of years, I had real hope that Duke will pull out a win. As they say, Duke found out "how to win". I enjoy the second half comebacks... but as an old fan, I would prefer a large lead at the half, and cruise to victory. But maybe in the grand scheme/big picture, finishing strong and pulling out a win is much more valuable for the team to get used to... so when those bowl games come around, they will be READY.

GO DUKE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    Interesting... a few years ago, if Duke was trailing at halftime, I mostly felt that it was "over". But in the past couple of years, I had real hope that Duke will pull out a win. As they say, Duke found out "how to win". I enjoy the second half comebacks... but as an old fan, I would prefer a large lead at the half, and cruise to victory. But maybe in the grand scheme/big picture, finishing strong and pulling out a win is much more valuable for the team to get used to... so when those bowl games come around, they will be READY.

GO DUKE!!!!
    As a very casual observer of Duke football, I have noticed in the last few years that Duke seems to make excellent halftime adjustments. Coach Cut and his staff appear to be excellent at analyzing opponents' tendencies and exploiting them during the break.

I don't have the stats to back this up, and it would also be skewed by "garbage time" points on either side of the ball, but it sure feels like Duke has become a second half team when challenged early. And I feel ALL credit for that goes to the coaching staff. Okay, well, 80%.

Gameday. Fight, fight Blue Devils ....

I am ready for the game now. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Gameday. Fight, fight Blue Devils ....

Disappointing attendance by Duke fans...

I am watching the game on the ACC Network. An early pan of the crowd would suggest a lot of fans showed up dressed as empty seats. It's HOMECOMING! Come on Blue Devils!
    Last edited by duke blue brewcrew; 10-18-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duke blue brewcrew View Post
    I am watching the game on the ACC Network. An early pan of the crowd would suggest a lot of fans showed up dressed as empty seats. It's HOMECOMING! Come on Blue Devils!
    Great start!

wow, what a fumble and a sweet TD. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by bbosbbos View Post
    wow, what a fumble and a sweet TD. Go Duke!
    Duke couldn't have asked for a better start to this game. BONUS - they start the second half w/ the ball - thank you UVA!

Oh no!

The one player Duke can't afford to lose moving forward - Jeremy Cash! I hope he's OK, but I'm not encouraged watching him get treatment on the bench. I hope it's nothing serious and he's able to shake it off.

Cash hurt. Looks to be knee. Body language on sideline not good.

Loss would be major.

Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    Cash hurt. Looks to be knee. Body language on sideline not good.

Loss would be major.
    Cash is back in the game, much to my surprise. Let's see how he performs.

UVA is quite good on both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by duke blue brewcrew View Post
    Wallace Wade is probably at 25,000, right now, judging from my seat in section 9.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD View Post
    Wallace Wade is probably at 25,000, right now, judging from my seat in section 9.
    What percentage are UVA fans?

I get that we are trying to get off quick plays but yet again it feels like we're getting too conservative. Not mixing it up on the pass game like we did at start of game. Hmmmm...
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I get that we are trying to get off quick plays but yet again it feels like we're getting too conservative. Not mixing it up on the pass game like we did at start of game. Hmmmm...
    Agreed. Duke looked proficient and kept UVA on their heels in the 1st qtr., but have looked very unbalanced, rushed and more predictable in the 2nd.

Halftime stats/Live stats for Duke/Virginia here...

http://www.scacchoops.com/virginia-a...stats-10182014