Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Come now! We need this way up here at the top!

Malachi is battling, so let's not forget that he needs our help!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Some very sad news as, according to the latest post on the GoFundMe page for Shaquille Powell's little brother Malachi, his cancer has now been determined to be inoperable.

Prayers for Malachi, Shaquille and their family, and may the remainder of Malachi's journey on this earth be peaceful and full of love.

I don't know how anyone makes it through something like this. I just don't know. I hope they spoil him rotten and hug each other over and over again every single day. May the entire family find some comfort in the love and admiration that surrounds them.
    Love, Ima

Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    I don't know how anyone makes it through something like this. I just don't know. I hope they spoil him rotten and hug each other over and over again every single day. May the entire family find some comfort in the love and admiration that surrounds them.
    Love, Ima
    This little boy is one of us. Strength to his family.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    Love, Ima
    Well said, Ima. Continued prayers for Malachi and his Mother, and Big Brother, Shaquille. This just breaks my heart to see a young person going through so much.

Early this morning sweet little Malachi passed away.

God bless his dear soul and his family. What a tough fight he lived through.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    God bless his dear soul and his family. What a tough fight he lived through.
    Tried to give you a spork, but was told I have to spread it around more first.

You are so right!

Terrible news. Prayers and good vibes to the Powell family. I can't imagine the pain of losing a loved one that young.

All thoughts and prayers for Malachi, Shaquille and his entire family. Hoping to see a MB patch on the uniform and sticker on the helmet to honor this little angel.

No words. So very sorry to read this news. Thoughts with Shaq and his family

Hard to make sense of this news. Thoughts and sincere condolences to Shaq and his family.

My heart breaks to hear this news. My prayers are with the family at this terrible time. I can't imagine what they must be going through.

It is so hard to lose a loved one - especially one so young. Condolences to the family.

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    All thoughts and prayers for Malachi, Shaquille and his entire family. Hoping to see a MB patch on the uniform and sticker on the helmet to honor this little angel.
    That would be so honorable! Continued prayers for the Briggs and Powell families, during their loss. Heaven has received another little precious angel.

http://www.gofundme.com/TeamMalachiBriggs

The family could still use funds for final expenses and incurred medical costs.

My sincere condolences go to Shaquiile and his family. It is heartbreaking to lose a loved one so young.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

So sorry to hear this unfortunate news.
    Condolences to the entire family.

ricks

Shaq Powell's little brother

I know the Duke basketball family would like to join the football branch in sending condolences to Shaq Powell and his family. Shaq's 7-year-old brother, Malachi, has lost his year long battle with cancer. We hope their sadness is brief and their warmest memories of Malachi are long lasting.
    Love, Ima