Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

FB: Duke 31, #22 GaT 25

Gametimes for Saturday, Oct. 11, were just announced by the ACC. Apparently, one loss translates from prime time to the bottom of the TV totem pole for Duke:

Florida State at Syracuse, ESPN, Noon

Cincinnati at Miami, RSN, Noon

Duke at Georgia Tech, ACC Network, 12:30 p.m.

Louisville at Clemson, ABC, ESPN2 or ESPNU*, 3:30 p.m.

Boston College at NC State, RSN, 3:30 p.m.

North Carolina at Notre Dame, NBC, 3:30 p.m. (previously announced)

All times are Eastern.

* Network to be determined after the games of Oct. 4

The whole ACC is knocked down for that week. There are a bunch of SEC and PAC12 matchups
    of ranked teams that will fill all the prime spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Gametimes for Saturday, Oct. 11, were just announced by the ACC. Apparently, one loss translates from prime time to the bottom of the TV totem pole for Duke:

Duke at Georgia Tech, ACC Network, 12:30 p.m.

All times are Eastern.

* Network to be determined after the games of Oct. 4
    Well, let's just go and beat GT for the first time in forever and we'll be right back at the top of that totem pole!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Well, let's just go and beat GT for the first time in forever and we'll be right back at the top of that totem pole!
    Yes, this would be a wonderful addition to the set of accomplishemnst Cutcliffe and Co. have put together the last few years.

At GT, Duke has 5 wins out of 32 since 1950: 77,81,82,88,94. Time for another!

Issac Blakeney injured his thumb and needs surgery:

https://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...s-hold-surgery

He intends to continue playing and have surgery after the season is over. How will the injury affect his hands?
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post

He intends to continue playing and have surgery after the season is over. How will the injury affect his hands?
    Well at least we have the bye week for some recovery time.

As ole Yogi once said... "This is deja vu all over again." Within the past few years, we had another receiver with similar injury who postponed the procedure until after the season. (Name that player for a free ticket to the next game.) The medical staff is an important component of fielding a team. This isn't the best turn of events, but it may be manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    As ole Yogi once said... "This is deja vu all over again." Within the past few years, we had another receiver with similar injury who postponed the procedure until after the season. (Name that player for a free ticket to the next game.) The medical staff is an important component of fielding a team. This isn't the best turn of events, but it may be manageable.
    Cooper Helfet.
    Bob Green

Cooper Helfet.
    Wrong.

I answered off the top of my head but now know Helfet injured his ankle. I also know who injured their hand but will keep it to myself seeing as I cheated with Google.
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Wrong.

I answered off the top of my head but now know Helfet injured his ankle. I also know who injured their hand but will keep it to myself seeing as I cheated with Google.
    Been hanging out on Franklin Street?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I was just told by a Duke staffer that this report totally wrong -- that Blakeney has no suffered an injury of any kind. He's fine physically -- no hand or thumb injury whatsoever.

The Chomicle strikes again or intentional misinformation? Enquiring minds want to know!

(Thanks, Oly!)

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    I was just told by a Duke staffer that this report totally wrong -- that Blakeney has no suffered an injury of any kind. He's fine physically -- no hand or thumb injury whatsoever.
    Thank you! And once again it is proven just because you read it on the Internet doesn't mean it is true.
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I'm just happy we are playing at 12:30. Sets us up nicely for an afternoon tailgate for UVA.

Bizarre on the Blakeney reports. We've had enough injuries so far this year, and while I understand the enthusiasm for burning redshirts and "winning now" (which I agree with, this is truly a must win year for recruiting), I loathe the idea of making the wins happen with guys that haven't played yet.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'm just happy we are playing at 12:30. Sets us up nicely for an afternoon tailgate for UVA.
    Why would what time we play GT have anything to do with the time of the UVA game? I thought TV was driving the decisions to which teams they think draw the most eyeballs. Day of the UVA game there are 4 top 25 vs. top 25 matchups that will grab the choice spots most likely, especially ND at FSU.

ACC and Raycom PR would tell you that this game will be available in more households than ESPNU and freely available online. The SEC Network can be thanked for that. If I have nothing better to do, I will calculate the DMA availability.

Here is the list of stations broadcasting the game as there are even more places that will get the game than previous years:
    http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detail...ech-2014-10-01

The blackout map will not likely to be available until late next week, although it will be online through the ACC website, so ESPN3 is not really an issue.

Thank you! And once again it is proven just because you read it on the Internet doesn't mean it is true.
    I just got an inside report, Bob Green, that Admiral Yamamoto and his fleet are steaming toward Midway Island. Better send the US carriers to intercept.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Why would what time we play GT have anything to do with the time of the UVA game? I thought TV was driving the decisions to which teams they think draw the most eyeballs. Day of the UVA game there are 4 top 25 vs. top 25 matchups that will grab the choice spots most likely, especially ND at FSU.
    This is in no way a rule..we might wind up totally screwed with a noon kick, so I'm knocking on wood. But generally, teams don't get back to back early games. Beating GT will help tons in this regard, of course.

Thank you! And once again it is proven just because you read it in the student newspaper doesn't mean it is true.
    have their offices been infiltrated by our terrible neighbors to the south?
    1200. DDMF.

"Dewey Defeats Truman!"