Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    I heard on the radio today coming home from work that Coach Cut said something that offended Coach Paul Johnson... something to the effect like the triple-option is hard to recruit top talent. Coach Johnson said something to the effect that Coach Cut should worry about his own program. After which Coach Cut apologized. That's all I know... Adds fuel to someone's fire? or both?
    I can imagine what kind of handshake that'll be after the game.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    BTW, Georgia Tech is now -3.5 on the betting line per ESPN. Judging from the tenor of the comments here (is there such a thing as the "soprano" of remarks?), most would give the points.

Optimistically, Sage
    I'm surprised the line is that small. They beat us last year at our joint, 38-14, IIRC. Plus, transitive property not withstanding, they beat Miami last Saturday 28-17.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm surprised the line is that small. They beat us last year at our joint, 38-14, IIRC. Plus, transitive property not withstanding, they beat Miami last Saturday 28-17.
    (1) They've beaten Duke every year that Cut has been here, but last year's rout was the first game Anthony Boone missed after his injury at Memphis. Connette was not very good in that game. Was that Tech's defense or his struggles in his first real start at QB?

(2) And if you are going to cite the differences in the Miami games this year, you should also include the fact that Duke was 17 points better against Tulane than Georgia Tech (GT beat the Wave 38-21; Duke beat the Wave 47-13)

Actually, I am also a bit surprised by the spread. I thought the Georgia Tech team I watched play its first three games was not very good -- they struggled early against Wofford and Tulane, then had to score a last-second touchdown to beat Georgia Southern. But ten they had an off week and since then, they've looked much more formidable, beating Virginia Tech (in Blacksburg) and Miami.

I just hope our off-week has the same positive impact.

Just a bad matchup for us. We'll need to score 30+ to win, I don't us stopping their run game unless they fumble a few times, which they tend
    not to do. Sperry Univac says we lose 38-17.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Just a bad matchup for us. We'll need to score 30+ to win, I don't us stopping their run game unless they fumble a few times, which they tend
    Can't trust those vacuum tubes! Or those 80-character Hollerith cards.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Can't trust those vacuum tubes! Or those 80-character Hollerith cards.
    I always trusted the cards, but the reader in the engineering building sometimes missed the first column so it couldn't be trusted. Had to go to the sociology building, where I always got funny looks for some reason.

Here's a link to the motivational video for this game:
    http://www.goduke.com/mediaPortal/pl...612&id=3466392

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Is Sperry Univac giving 21 points?

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    It's gameday, need to bump this up.

Currently 72 and overcast at near the airport, hopefully it'll clear up. Vi would imagine that rain would make it even tougher for us. The D won't have the traction to best defend the triple option, and on offense, slippery footballs makes it more difficult to pass and catch.

In all the years since I came to Duke, this is the first game I'll see on the GT campus. I've watched us play bball in the Omni, and The Dome, but somehow missed games at Alexander or Grant Field. Hoping for a good outcome today.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Is Sperry Univac giving 21 points?
    I tried running the Sperry Univac again and the lights dimmed for the entire county, so I had to stop.

Knowing Sperry as I do, I think he'd be giving 14 points on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    It's gameday, need to bump this up.

Currently 72 and overcast at near the airport, hopefully it'll clear up. Vi would imagine that rain would make it even tougher for us. The D won't have the traction to best defend the triple option, and on offense, slippery footballs makes it more difficult to pass and catch.

In all the years since I came to Duke, this is the first game I'll see on the GT campus. I've watched us play bball in the Omni, and The Dome, but somehow missed games at Alexander or Grant Field. Hoping for a good outcome today.
    Believe it or not but most coaches maintain that a wet field helps a passing team. The receiver knows when and where he wants to cut on the wet field and the defender does not.

Live stats for Duke/Georgia Tech

Live stats, play analysis, and more for Duke/GT...

http://www.scacchoops.com/duke-at-ge...stats-10112014

good job by the D to hold them to 3. lets get the O rolling though.
    April 1

and as we're keeping track, the first drive was

prppp (passing on bot first downs)

it appears at least early on that we are reluctant to run the ball...
    April 1

Very bad passing.

Why are the announcers making apologies for that hit? Looked vicious and dangerous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bbosbbos View Post
    Very bad passing.
    yeah...but huge first down, and now big break on the penalty
    April 1

Josh played well.

Nice pass by Boone! Ironically, it was probably his most difficult throw all day and he threaded it in there when he needed to. Here's hoping he can find some of that accuracy going forward as he missed some much easier throws earlier. Receivers are getting open so...gotta hit them when they are. Running game looking strong, too, which should help take some pressure off of Boone. Go Duke!!!

This will be a high score game.