MLax: Entering Class Rated #3 by IL

Inside Lacrosse published its annual recruiting issue last week, and it was all good for Duke.

Our Freshman recruits are ranked as the third best incoming class, after Hop and ND. Seven of our guys are rated among the top 100, led by D Greg Pelton at 3, M Jake Seau at 10, and LSM Peter Welch at 11. A Justin Guterding was listed as the top incoming player from the PG ranks.

In addition, the roster posted at goduke includes two freshman and a grad-student transfer that we had not previously been following. M Greg Shea (Bainbridge Island, WA/Bainbridge) was a first-team All-State and a US Lacrosse Academic All-America in 2013; don't know for sure what he has been doing for the last year, but I assume he was a PG somewhere. M Tom Palisi (Morganville, NJ/Christian Brothers) was a 2014 US Lacrosse Academic All-America. M Pat Resch (Flourtown, PA/La Salle College) scored four goals and four assists for a 2-10 Dartmouth team in 2014.

Is it February yet?

The roster also includes Kyle Rowe, Jack's brother, who was at Stony Brook last year. Don't know if he can play this year or not, but as I recall was a pretty good FOGO.

Also, noted that the rules committee has outlawed the Brendan Fowler face-off technique of carrying the ball on the back of the crosse and the flipping it into the crosse. Am I understanding the rule change correctly? If so, I'm glad they waited for Brendan to graduate. And no, unfortunately, it's not even January.

Well, worst come to worst there's another kind of interesting sport we can follow until then--I think it's called something like basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Well, worst come to worst there's another kind of interesting sport we can follow until then--I think it's called something like basketball.
    You do what you have to to muddle through, I guess. 😘

Also of note: Jordan Wolf, Brendan Fowler, and C.J. Costabile have been called up to the national team for its game against ND in Seattle next month.