Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Coach K Presser post FIBA/Woj Article

Anyone know if there is a link to this anywhere?

I have seen on twitter that the key quote from K during the press conference is that, paraphrase, if you think I used Paul George's injury, then you are a bad person.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...mpions!/page23

Post 454 has a link to Airowes notes

Adam Rowe's excerpts are excellent. Anyone got a link to the video? I didn't find one with a Google search. Maybe not up yet?

New player names pronounced

Listened to most of it in the car on the way to Raleigh. My favorite part of the presser other than the deservedly sarcastic sniping was hearing K pronounce Justice (I had thought "just-eeece" but it's "just-isss" like what Adrian didn't give in his article) and he called Jahlil just "Jah" which I loved. Imagine some good cheers coming up around Jah - Rastafari-I!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    Listened to most of it in the car on the way to Raleigh. My favorite part of the presser other than the deservedly sarcastic sniping was hearing K pronounce Justice (I had thought "just-eeece" but it's "just-isss" like what Adrian didn't give in his article) and he called Jahlil just "Jah" which I loved. Imagine some good cheers coming up around Jah - Rastafari-I!!
    "We'll be forever loving Jah"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHoPzdfu3Yw

Link to CBS Sports.com article on the Woj article and K presser

If you want to think that I used Paul George, you are a bad person.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...nning-team-usa

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Duke View Post
    Link to CBS Sports.com article on the Woj article and K presser

If you want to think that I used Paul George, you are a bad person.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...nning-team-usa
    I wish the article had mentioned how he said he went in secretly and someone else took the picture without his prior knowledge. All it says in that link above is the money quote, not the reasoning behind it.

Coach K has a long history of doing kind turns without fanfare or spotlight seeking. I know this personally.

Putting aside the wasted energy Coach K had to spend addressing that asinine article, it was very interesting to hear his comments about Amile being a vocal leader (I for one have always thought that Amile is an incredibly smart and instinctive player - combine him with Justise and Jahlil on the front line and I expect our interior defense to be extremely improved this year); and his comments about the freshmen being mature, cohesive and well integrated into the team.

I think very often the difference between winning and losing comes down to seemingly little things - like shot selection, a deflected pass, a tipped rebound, a defensive shift to cut off a passing or driving lane, the timing of a cut or pass - and all the offensive talent and athletic ability usually doesn't make up for the lack of the intangible understanding of those parts game. I think some of the stars of our recent teams haven't been as good at those intangible aspects as our stars were in the past (guys like Amaker, Dawkins, Laettner, Hill, Hurley, Battier, and a few of the guys on the 2010 team) - part of the problem may have been that they've been younger stars and the intangible plays and game understanding take time to develop. I'm really looking forward to this group of guys playing together and I am optimistic that they will be a smarter, more cohesive and better team than last year even though the team will still rely heavily on new players.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Calipari is putting some fine fodder on twitter for our enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Calipari is putting some fine fodder on twitter for our enjoyment.
    He is trying to get in Colangelo's good graces to follow Coach K after 2016.

Coach K's presser is now up on www.goduke.com for anyone interested in watching

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    He is trying to get in Colangelo's good graces to follow Coach K after 2016.
    Fun. The guy who blew up the Nets wants to also use losing on a world stage to get better recruits...?
    Perhaps John Chaney will be on the bench for Spain..

OK with that.

PTI

My favorite sports show Pardon the Interruption...Tony & Mike just shot down the article & treated as a joke, which is what it is from my viewpoint.

Any way to download pressers from GoDuke.com?

Hi -- Does anyone know whether there is a way to get Coach K's pressers into itunes? I'd like to load 'em into my ipod and listen to them while I'm walking/running but can't seem to figure out how to do so short of playing them into some kind of recorder, which just seems primitive.

No intellectual property infringement is intended -- just want to listen to the Man's commentary in a convenient way.

Thanks.

We didn't read the stories that said "Send in the Rebels and send out the clowns."
    And we didn't lose by 30.

Here's the link to Luke DeCock's article in the N & O:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/09/...he-center.html

So, it's early, but it seems like Amile may have grabbed the on-court leadership role for this team. Coach K's description of Amile in this presser matched what Coach K had said he was seeking in a leader after last season ended. Namely, a loquacious communicator with good basketball IQ who can give on-the-spot directions/corrections to his teammates during live-play.

I'm happy to hear that about Amile since he's one of my favorites on this team, and I hope he's 100% physically soon. I had thought there was a lonnngshot possibility that Semi could start as a stretch 4 in order to allow Justise to play the 3, thus not forcing Duke to choose between 3-pt shooting and size at SF. But, based on this presser, I would have to say Okafor and Jefferson are locks to start at the 5 and 4, respectively.

Which means the biggest offseason debate/mystery remains. Start 3 guards (e.g. Tyus, Quinn, Sheed) and give up size for 3-pt shooting? Or start Justise at SF and go with only two shooters (e.g. Tyus and Sheed)?

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    I wish the article had mentioned how he said he went in secretly and someone else took the picture without his prior knowledge. All it says in that link above is the money quote, not the reasoning behind it.

Coach K has a long history of doing kind turns without fanfare or spotlight seeking. I know this personally.
    I can second this. When I was in high school I traveled from Buffalo to Duke Hospitals to have a medical procedure done. While I was in the hospital, my mom and aunt found out Coach K was doing a book signing somewhere in town. They went and mentioned why I was there as he was signing the book for me. After he signed the book, Coach K asked if I was still going to be in the hospital the next day because he wanted to come visit me. Unfortunately, I was being discharged in the morning so my family declined the offer. It was probably one of the few times anyone has ever been upset to be getting out of the hospital.

Needless to say, Coach K did not need to make such an offer, and he certainly had nothing to gain from it. He is just a decent, caring person. Sadly, people sometimes let their agendas, jealousy, or whatever it may be blind them to reality.

I'm not exactly sure what these writers or coaches are complaining about. These new recruits have not led to more wins or national titles, they have led to two first round losses, and an elite eight appearance (which featured 3 quality seniors who throughout their Duke career have never been on a team out of the top 10 consensus vote).

Coach K has 4 national titles and coached multiple consensus All Americans. That in itself will get you top quality recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke3517 View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what these writers or coaches are complaining about. These new recruits have not led to more wins or national titles, they have led to two first round losses, and an elite eight appearance (which featured 3 quality seniors who throughout their Duke career have never been on a team out of the top 10 consensus vote).

Coach K has 4 national titles and coached multiple consensus All Americans. That in itself will get you top quality recruits.
    Correlation does not imply causation.