View Poll Results: Musically speaking, who sucks the most?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • STYX

8 15.38%
  • 80s Jefferson Starship

17 32.69%
  • Bryan Adams

10 19.23%
  • Michael Bolton

29 55.77%
  • Bacon Brothers (Kevin Bacon's band)

12 23.08%
  • David Hasselhoff

30 57.69%
  • Poison

9 17.31%
  • Other

9 17.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dukehoopsgirl View Post
    In an odd twist, in the early 90s I saw Michael Bolton in concert and his opening act was....Celine Dion. At that time, one would not have guessed that she'd have her own sold-out Vegas show in 2007 and he'd be nothing but "eye candy" (although I'm not sure I can go there) for a Desperate Housewive!
    Michael Bolton...Eye Candy??? Now that I do NOT see! Really???

-EarlJam

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by DevilWolf View Post
    With all due respect, I trust my own memories of Beavis and Butthead more than I trust wikipedia. I could be wrong, but I won't change how I remember it. The genius of that show becomes more and more evident each year we move away from its finale.
    Hmm, I have a DVD set somewhere... I'm not sure if I have that specific episode but if I do, I'll check it out and let you know.

I want to remember it the way I remember it, but thanks for the offer. By the way, so jealous you have the DVD box set.

Michael McDonald (post-Doobie) should be on this list too. Not only did he put out an entire disc butchering Motown hits, but he also did Sprint or AT&T or some such telephone commercials while cross-promoting an album.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Michael McDonald (post-Doobie) should be on this list too. Not only did he put out an entire disc butchering Motown hits, but he also did Sprint or AT&T or some such telephone commercials while cross-promoting an album.
    Excellent point Wilson. By the way, did you know that if you roll up a piece of paper towel or napkin and put it between your front bottom teeth and lip, then sing, you will sound just like suck-arse Michael McDonald?

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Excellent point Wilson. By the way, did you know that if you roll up a piece of paper towel or napkin and put it between your front bottom teeth and lip, then sing, you will sound just like suck-arse Michael McDonald?

-EarlJam
    That sounds about right, but I have no interest in sounding like him.
    Also, I should point out that as time goes by, while I still enjoy a number of Doobie Brothers songs, I realize more and more that they weren't really as good as I thought they were.

Michael McDonald Doesn't Suck

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    That sounds about right, but I have no interest in sounding like him.
    Also, I should point out that as time goes by, while I still enjoy a number of Doobie Brothers songs, I realize more and more that they weren't really as good as I thought they were.
    I don't think Michael McDonald really sucks. I actually like his post-Doobie Bros music better than what the Doobies did with him. I never thought the Doobies sounded right after Tom Johnston left and was replaced by McDonald. They didn't rock after that. They made some top 40 stuff that sold but the music wasn't as good as the pre-McDonald Doobies. As for McDonald's solo career, I actually like his two Motown cd's, owning both.
    Tom Mac

While I am certainly no fan of Michael Bolton, I always thought he had a lot of talent and a great, if scratchy, voice. Not for me, but I never really thought he sucked. Didn't he also sing opera?
    I saw him sing "Nessun dorma" badly on Oprah once.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by Tommac View Post
    I don't think Michael McDonald really sucks. I actually like his post-Doobie Bros music better than what the Doobies did with him. I never thought the Doobies sounded right after Tom Johnston left and was replaced by McDonald. They didn't rock after that. They made some top 40 stuff that sold but the music wasn't as good as the pre-McDonald Doobies. As for McDonald's solo career, I actually like his two Motown cd's, owning both.
    The Michael McDonald Doobies jumped the shark when they appeared on WHAT'S HAPPENING!! Remember THAT?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    The Michael McDonald Doobies jumped the shark when they appeared on WHAT'S HAPPENING!! Remember THAT?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    YES! And I always remember Rog calling up the Doobie Brothers and saying, "...and which Doobie you be?"

Good one Lavabe!

-EarlJam

Doobies beyond Tom Johnston, wimpy bottom feeding suckers.

Later Doobies

For you Doobie fans, in 1989 the Doobies released Cycles, with all new material. Brotherhood was released in 1991, also with new material. Both CD's are similar to the pre-McDonald version of the band. They didn't release any new material until 2000 with Sibling Rivalry, which was ok, but not as good as the two previous. 2004 saw the release of a cd and dvd of the Doobies, Live at Wolf Trap, very good. Tom Johnston and Patrick Simmons are in fine form. Recently, a two cd greatest hits cd was released. Most of disc 1 is vintage Tom Johnston Doobies. Disc 2 is mostly McDonald Doobies with an awful song included called Linkin, Blinkin & Nod. Embarrasing that this truly rocking band could release such a dreadful song.
    Tom Mac

I can't believe so many have voted for Bolton. I celebrate the guy's entire catalog.

Where is Fleetwood Mac?

amen

also, and creed is the worst band ever.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I can't believe so many have voted for Bolton. I celebrate the guy's entire catalog.
    That's it, strike one!

(third strike gets you a full disadulation)

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    To be honest with you, I love his music. I do. I am a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, I don't think it gets any better than when he sings "When a man loves a woman."

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    To be honest with you, I love his music. I do. I am a Michael Bolton fan. For my money, I don't think it gets any better than when he sings "When a man loves a woman."
    Wow I can't believe I didn't get that the first time. Strike rescinded and placed on myself

Why does Micheal Bolton suck then?

The reason he made this list was 1) He came up in the conversation this morning and 2) The Office Space Effect

-EarlJam
    How true. If I had never heard Michael Bolten sing, I would have voted for him on the strength of Office Space alone.
    Last edited by mph; 09-14-2007 at 03:19 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    Wow I can't believe I didn't get that the first time. Strike rescinded and placed on myself
    Yeah, I assumed I had botched the quote (which, of course, I hadn't). I just didn't want to believe that you of all people could miss something so obvious. You read digg -- you're supposed to be a nerd.