Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Brandon Ingram Recruiting Thread

Brandon just cut his list to 6 with all 3 Triangle Schools on the list. Could get interesting. Use this thread to discuss his recruitment.

Here's the link to the front page article :Ingram cuts list to 6

Nc state is an interesting option for him. A chance to play 25-30 minutes a game and have the ball ALOT!

Everyone else is the powerhouse. school I'd expect. He'll have to choose between being the number 1 guy or being on a team. If he wants to be on a great tram then he can eliminate UNX. It'll come down to duke, uk and ku to me. I think uk and ku offer more PT because duke has Winston to play in the 3 slot

Quote Originally Posted by gocanes0506 View Post
    Nc state is an interesting option for him. A chance to play 25-30 minutes a game and have the ball ALOT!

Everyone else is the powerhouse. school I'd expect. He'll have to choose between being the number 1 guy or being on a team. If he wants to be on a great tram then he can eliminate UNX. It'll come down to duke, uk and ku to me. I think uk and ku offer more PT because duke has Winston to play in the 3 slot
    Jameis Winston?

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Jameis Winston?
    There's video proof that he's mastered the crab(leg) step

Ingram Update

I know that some out there on the internets, if not expressly here on DBR, were concerned that with Brandon setting up his in-home visits -- with UNC, NC State, Kentucky, Kansas, and UCLA -- where was Duke? No reason for concern on that front, in that Duke was in-home with Brandon a couple of months ago. Already done.

I checked in with the Ingram camp last night. While I still think ultimately this is going to come down to Duke and UNC, I must say that I think there is a greater likelihood than I did a few weeks ago that Kentucky and/or Kansas is going to be a serious contender. I still think UCLA is just too far away for Brandon, especially since his older brother had a not-great experience as a freshman athlete going far from home. The Ingrams are talking about the upcoming visits to both Kentucky and Kansas (and UCLA for that matter) as making sure Brandon is exposed to all these great programs and what they have to offer, so as to ensure that when it does come to decision time, he'll be working with the most complete information possible. Sounds reasonable to me. But there have been lots of kids and families who have been wowed by the Midnight Madness shows put on at Rupp and Allen, along with the other things those programs have to offer. It's not like there's no chance it has that type of impact on Ingram. It could.

Like I say, until he makes those two visits and I check in with them about how they went, and I'm told that he really was impressed in a big way, I still feel that it's going to end up being Duke or UNC. But his doing the in-homes with them next week, and then taking those visits to UK and KU for Midnight Madness (or whatever they call it) is making me a little nervous.

Decision is still slated for no later than Thanksgiving. Probably a little earlier.

I know nothing about Ingram...

...except that he needs to change his diet. The upside of committing early is that coaches can provide you with legitimate advice about gaining good weight.

Ingram may be the skinniest recruit I have ever seen. With all his talent, I definitely still want the dude. But he needs to eat a cheeseburger or two a day.

He makes Tayshaun Prince look like Dwight Howard.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    ...except that he needs to change his diet. The upside of committing early is that coaches can provide you with legitimate advice about gaining good weight.

Ingram may be the skinniest recruit I have ever seen. With all his talent, I definitely still want the dude. But he needs to eat a cheeseburger or two a day.

He makes Tayshaun Prince look like Dwight Howard.
    Personally, I would be quite happy with Duke having a Tayshaun Prince "like" player on the team. There is also the reasonably skinny fellow in OKC that everyone seems to think is having a promising career, and that fine UCLA grad that did well in Indiana, especially against the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Jameis Winston?
    Watching ESPN and typing is not always helpful. Thinking Winslow and typed Winston because that is what I heard on the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by gocanes0506 View Post
    Watching ESPN and typing is not always helpful. Thinking Winslow and typed Winston because that is what I heard on the TV.
    Well, we will just have to add Winston to that alternate-universe Duke team--the one with Tyler Thorton, Josh Harrison, JJ Reddick, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Well, we will just have to add Winston to that alternate-universe Duke team--the one with Tyler Thorton, Josh Harrison, JJ Reddick, etc.
    Don't forget Sheldon Williams, John Scheyer, and my personal favorite, Greg Zoubek.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Don't forget Sheldon Williams, John Scheyer, and my personal favorite, Greg Zoubek.
    Right--Greg Zoubek is definitely the best.

And Shavlick Randolph and Nick Horvoth.

I hate the off season.

In addition to his upcoming visits for Midnight Madness to Kentucky and Kansas, Ingram is now also going to take a return visit to UCLA. The first visit they had was very rushed, basically an on-the-way-to-the-airport deal, and they want to take a longer look.

I'm not worried about UCLA though. It's just too far away for him and his family. He can get what he's looking for from schools closer to home. Kentucky, though, continues to be a growing concern.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    And Shavlick Randolph and Nick Horvoth.
    Billy Packer always gave Shawn Battier and Casey Saunders high praises. I still must admit that my personal favorites are JJ Reddick and Tyler Thorton.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Billy Packer always gave Shawn Battier and Casey Saunders high praises. I still must admit that my personal favorites are JJ Reddick and Tyler Thorton.
    Or Sheldon Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Hopefully Duke will sign Derryck Thornton, so the tradition can continue.

And I can see lots of options for Ingram. Brandan. Brandyn. Brandown. Engram. Inngram.

Ingram kind of reminds me of a skinnier version of Sam Perkins. Kind of sleepy eyes, mellow demeanor. Long arms. Playing style (including shooting range).
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Ingram kind of reminds me of a skinnier version of Sam Perkins. Kind of sleepy eyes, mellow demeanor. Long arms. Playing style (including shooting range).
    If Ingram wants to play on the perimeter, he might not like the comparison.

Physically he reminds me a bit of Tony Lang. But Lang also played inside in college. Mike Dunleavy might be the closest Duke analog, at least in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    If Ingram wants to play on the perimeter, he might not like the comparison.

Physically he reminds me a bit of Tony Lang. But Lang also played inside in college. Mike Dunleavy might be the closest Duke analog, at least in recent years.
    Would 6'7" Penny Hardaway be an apt comparison? (Remember Penny, the guy traded for #1 pick Chris Webber? The guy MJ said could take up his mantle?)