Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Christian Laettner 30 For 30

According to ESPN's Gene Wojciechowski, a 30 For 30 documentary on Christian Laettner is in production. And it will air on Selection Sunday.

Any idea who is doing the piece? ESPN rolled out 30 for 30 as a showcase for film directors.

"What if I told you that a tall kid from just outside of Buffalo would change a small private school in North Carolina forever? That he was the greatest player in the greatest game ever played? That 23 years after hitting his miracle shot, he still doesn't drive through the state of Kentucky? What if I told you that the most hated college basketball player of all time was also the best? Never Too Laettner: A 30 for 30 Special."

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    According to ESPN's Gene Wojciechowski, a 30 For 30 documentary on Christian Laettner is in production. And it will air on Selection Sunday.
    Gosh, missed it! (Read the links to understand)

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    "What if I told you that a tall kid from just outside of Buffalo would change a small private school in North Carolina forever? That he was the greatest player in the greatest game ever played? That 23 years after hitting his miracle shot, he still doesn't drive through the state of Kentucky? What if I told you that the most hated college basketball player of all time was also the best? Never Too Laettner: A 30 for 30 Special."
    I like the preview... Where did you find it

From what I've seen the 30 for 30 is on the Kentucky game not just Laettner, Probably similar to Wojciechowski's book.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod Drain View Post
    From what I've seen the 30 for 30 is on the Kentucky game not just Laettner, Probably similar to Wojciechowski's book.
    In either case, they should just title it "ESPN's 30 for 30 Presents: 20 for 20."

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    In either case, they should just title it "ESPN's 30 for 30 Presents: 20 for 20."

I was all set to declare Brevity's voiceover narration as the winner of the thread and then Mal chimed in with that 20-for-20 title... wow, this is a close one! Ya'll are both showing LaettnerInABigGame-esque performances here.

-Jason "there have already been so many specials and articles written on The Greatest Game Ever Played... I will be interested in seeing how ESPN's 30-for-30 puts a new spin on it" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    503.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Now that's a spork-worthy zinger.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I was all set to declare Brevity's voiceover narration as the winner of the thread and then Mal chimed in with that 20-for-20 title... wow, this is a close one! Ya'll are both showing LaettnerInABigGame-esque performances here.

-Jason "there have already been so many specials and articles written on The Greatest Game Ever Played... I will be interested in seeing how ESPN's 30-for-30 puts a new spin on it" Evans
    Let's give some credit to the OP for correctly spelling both Wojohowski and Laetner.

Although I'm pretty sure the link has been posted here before, Laettner's interview of Mike Krzyzewski never gets old. Here's Part I. If you watch it, Youtube will offer a link to Part II. The mutual respect is evident.

Knowing ESPN, Kentucky will win.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Let's just say that my post was Grant Hill's pass, and Mal's post was Christian Laettner's shot. (Which would make you Crying Thomas Hill.)

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Now that's a spork-worthy zinger.
    Got him already, but it deserves more.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Knowing ESPN, Kentucky will win.
    I'm also assuming that they will gloss over that the love tap was done in retaliation for a cheap shot push by Farmer a couple plays prior. (bias intended)

Also, in case someone would like to watch the game again in it's entirety --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDlWZ1vC9Ww
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

If Kentucky fans go to hell, Laettner's shot is playing on repeat on the jumbotron there.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke95 View Post
    If Kentucky fans go to hell, Laettner's shot is playing on repeat on the jumbotron there.
    Oddly enough, that is my picture of Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Let's just say that my post was Grant Hill's pass, and Mal's post was Christian Laettner's shot. (Which would make you Crying Thomas Hill.)
    Ooo! Ooo! Can I be Pete Gaudet laid back like I knew it was going in the whole time?

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    Ooo! Ooo! Can I be Pete Gaudet laid back like I knew it was going in the whole time?
    As long as Viking Guy can be Coach Amaker, triumphant.