Rate The Fantasy Football Team In The Previous Post!

So, I'm not sure how much interest there is on this board in fantasy football, but being that most of us are Americans, and probably all of us are sports fans, I'll give it a stab. Since this is the first post, I have no team to rate. I'm doing 2 leagues though, so if this gets rolling, I'll be back in about a week to rate someone's else's team.

I guess the best way to do this would be to list all the pertinent information first, such as number of teams in the league, roster slots, PPR or standard, etc.

So my first league is a high stakes ($150 buy in) 12 team full point PPR league. 15 roster slots: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, T/W/R Flex, K, D/ST, 6 Bench slots

Here's my roster:

QB: Andrew Luck
    RB: Adrian Peterson, Andre Ellington, Ben Tate, Danny Woodhead, Darren Sproles
    WR: Roddy White, Michael Floyd, Reggie Wayne, Mike Evans, Markus Wheaton
    TE: Julius Thomas, Delanie Walker
    K: Blair Walsh
    D/ST: Buffalo Bills

My first 4 picks were: AP (#3 pick), Ellington (#22), Julius Thomas (#27 . . . remember this is PPR), and Roddy White (#46 . . . gonna be a huge steal imo). I got totally screwed with my 5th pick, I was about to take Michael Crabtree as my 2nd WR but he got snagged the pick before me , had to take Michael Floyd instead.
    Last edited by kAzE; 08-25-2014 at 12:16 AM.

You're already a step ahead of me; we tried to have our draft last night on yahoo sports. Almost no one could get logged on to the draft tool, and those that did get logged in were kicked out after a few picks. Yahoo just autodrafted everyone's team. I sent a letter of complaint, and they said they are "aware" of the problems and will have a "game plan" for future drafts. We are going to try and reschedule, but if it fails may go to a different system. Which site did you use?

Anyone else having issues drafting? We've used Yahoo sports for over a decade and never had any issues.

As to your team, amazed that you could pick up 5 RB's. I usually stick with 3 or 4 max. I like having a second defense, just because even a good defense has a bad matchup a few times a year, and being able to pick the better matchup between two defenses can net you an extra 4-5 points easily. Looks like you got a great RB, WR, QB, and TE, and serviceable guys on the other spots. Only area of concern would be your defense, as I don't know if Buffalo will be anything special.

It's much better than the team I got autodrafted last night in my 12 team league.
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    You're already a step ahead of me; we tried to have our draft last night on yahoo sports. Almost no one could get logged on to the draft tool, and those that did get logged in were kicked out after a few picks. Yahoo just autodrafted everyone's team. I sent a letter of complaint, and they said they are "aware" of the problems and will have a "game plan" for future drafts. We are going to try and reschedule, but if it fails may go to a different system. Which site did you use?

Anyone else having issues drafting? We've used Yahoo sports for over a decade and never had any issues.

As to your team, amazed that you could pick up 5 RB's. I usually stick with 3 or 4 max. I like having a second defense, just because even a good defense has a bad matchup a few times a year, and being able to pick the better matchup between two defenses can net you an extra 4-5 points easily. Looks like you got a great RB, WR, QB, and TE, and serviceable guys on the other spots. Only area of concern would be your defense, as I don't know if Buffalo will be anything special.

It's much better than the team I got autodrafted last night in my 12 team league.
    Hmm weird, my league used yahoo, and most everyone drafted just fine. I even had leave in the middle to pick up a friend at the airport and did 4 rounds on my phone. That said, I hugely prefer ESPN. Yahoo has never been about quality.

Honestly, I kind of hate my WRs . . . I'm gambling that Roddy White still has A 1500 yard season in him. Although the departure of Tony Gonzalez should free up a fewer targets. Not getting Crabtree was a huge blow.

Fortunately, I drafted all guys who I thought would get a high volume of targets (to take advantage of PPR), most underneath guys. Even my RBs are mostly guys who are pass catchers. Example: Danny Woodhead was a legit RB2 last year in PPR. I also think AP is going to catch a lot more passes than he typically does now in Norv Turner's offense. Hopefully I can trade a couple of my RBs for a stud WR. As far my defense, I'm going to just rotate defenses, I never keep 2 defenses unless I have a top 3 defense. I actually already dropped the Bills because they face the Bears week 1. I picked up the Eagles, who face the Jaguars.

Interesting that you went RB-RB in a full PPR league. I like White, and Floyd or Wayne could have big years.

Your team is not terribly unlike mine in my money league (only a $50 buy-in):

QB: Matt Ryan
    WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Wallace, Terrance Wiliams, Reuben Randle, Justin Hunter, Kelvin Benjamin
    RB: DeMarco Murray, Giovani Bernard, Trent Richardson, Pierre Thomas, Khiry Robinson
    TE: Rob Gronkowski

We're using Yahoo tonight. Will let you know if things are better. They have not been the most reliable service the last few years.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Reisen View Post
    Interesting that you went RB-RB in a full PPR league. I like White, and Floyd or Wayne could have big years.

Your team is not terribly unlike mine in my money league (only a $50 buy-in):

QB: Matt Ryan
    WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Wallace, Terrance Wiliams, Reuben Randle, Justin Hunter, Kelvin Benjamin
    RB: DeMarco Murray, Giovani Bernard, Trent Richardson, Pierre Thomas, Khiry Robinson
    TE: Rob Gronkowski
    It's hard to evaluate your team without knowing a bit more about the league. If that was a 14 or 16 team league, I'd say your team is fantastic. Also, it's pretty good even in a 12 team league if it's PPR, with guys like Murray, Bernard, and Gronk.

I didn't plan on going RB-RB . . . . I went into the 2nd round fully intending to draft the best available WR, but the 3 picks right before my pick were: Brandon Marshall, Antonio Brown, and Jordy Nelson. I REALLY wanted to grab Antonio Brown, who is a monster in PPR, so I was pretty much in despair when he got snagged. At that point the best available WRs left were Randall Cobb (who was #23 overall on my rankings) and Alshon Jeffrey (I had him #25).

The best available guy was Ellington, who I had rated as #18. It was only my 2nd pick of the draft, so I felt that I had to take the best available player, and make up for my WR problems later, since WR is pretty deep this year. In hindsight, I think taking Cobb might have worked out, since Doug Martin was still available in the 3rd round when it was my turn to pick . . . I couldn't possibly justify 3 RBs in a row (and the best available WRs at that point were Victor Cruz, Vincent Jackson, Andre Johnson, and Pierre Garcon, none of whom are really that exciting to me), so I went Julius Thomas, who I think will give me a strong advantage at TE almost every week.

Fortunately, I was still able to get my #35 ranked player (Roddy White) in the 4th round at pick #46 as my first WR. I really hope he has a big year.
    Last edited by kAzE; 08-25-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    It's hard to evaluate your team without knowing a bit more about the league. If that was a 14 or 16 team league, I'd say your team is fantastic. Also, it's pretty good even in a 12 team league if it's PPR, with guys like Murray, Bernard, and Gronk.

I didn't plan on going RB-RB . . . . I went into the 2nd round fully intending to draft the best available WR, but the 3 picks right before my pick were: Brandon Marshall, Antonio Brown, and Jordy Nelson. I REALLY wanted to grab Antonio Brown, who is a monster in PPR, so I was pretty much in despair when he got snagged. At that point the best available WRs left were Randall Cobb (who was #23 overall on my rankings) and Alshon Jeffrey (I had him #25).

The best available guy was Ellington, who I had rated as #18. It was only my 2nd pick of the draft, so I felt that I had to take the best available player, and make up for my WR problems later, since WR is pretty deep this year. In hindsight, I think taking Cobb might have worked out, since Doug Martin was still available in the 3rd round when it was my turn to pick . . . I couldn't possibly justify 3 RBs in a row (and the best available WRs at that point were Victor Cruz, Vincent Jackson, Andre Johnson, and Pierre Garcon, none of whom are really that exciting to me), so I went Julius Thomas, who I think will give me a strong advantage at TE almost every week.

Fortunately, I was still able to get my #35 ranked player (Roddy White) in the 4th round at pick #46 as my first WR. I really hope he has a big year.
    12 team, .5 PPR. Murray, Bernard, Gronk, and Thomas all were grabbed specifically for their catches.

12 team PPR, points to the .01, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, RB/WR/TE Flex, TE, K, D/ST, players and special teams get return yard points

QB: Romo
    RB: Lacy, Rashad Jennings, Steven Jackson, Sproles
    WR: Jordy Nelson, Crabtree, Wayne, Watkins, Hopkins, Greg Jennings
    TE: Julius Thomas, Rob Gronkowski
    K: Bailey
    D/ST: Green Bay

I was the 4th pick and chose Lacy over Peterson and Forte, hope it pans out ok. Got Gronk in the 4th following J. Thomas in the 3rd. Thought since Gronk was there why not give it a shot and possibly dominate the TE position and since we have that Flex spot I can play both. My only concern is WR2 position, I have a bunch of guys who could put up huge numbers any day but with inconsistency. If Wayne picks up where he left off last year he might end up being a solid choice.

Your team looks good, and you're set at flex as long as Gronk is healthy. I'm high on Crabtree. My only two concerns would be Romo as your only QB, and your RB2. I know Romo is the fashionable sleeper QB for a lot of experts this year, but he's still only the consensus 11th ranked QB going into the season, and has had durability issues in the past. Needless to say, I'm not sold, and did not draft him in any of my leagues.

For your RB2, people are very mixed on Jennings. Jackson has continued to have injury issues in the pre-season. Sproles could have a good year...

If Gronk puts up a solid week when he plays the first time, would you sell high or hold on to him? I'm thinking I could almost pick any player to trade straight up for Gronk if he puts up a solid first week. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by sbroc012 View Post
    12 team PPR, points to the .01, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, RB/WR/TE Flex, TE, K, D/ST, players and special teams get return yard points

QB: Romo
    RB: Lacy, Rashad Jennings, Steven Jackson, Sproles
    WR: Jordy Nelson, Crabtree, Wayne, Watkins, Hopkins, Greg Jennings
    TE: Julius Thomas, Rob Gronkowski
    K: Bailey
    D/ST: Green Bay

I was the 4th pick and chose Lacy over Peterson and Forte, hope it pans out ok. Got Gronk in the 4th following J. Thomas in the 3rd. Thought since Gronk was there why not give it a shot and possibly dominate the TE position and since we have that Flex spot I can play both. My only concern is WR2 position, I have a bunch of guys who could put up huge numbers any day but with inconsistency. If Wayne picks up where he left off last year he might end up being a solid choice.
    I like your team, and I'd absolutely try to trade either Thomas or Gronk (whoever has the better first 2-3 weeks) for a stud running back, where you are a little thin. Your WRs are fantastic, so you want to try to have one of those guys in your flex spot, and trade one of those TEs and maybe one of Jennings, Jackson, or Sproles for a big time RB who is underrated. (I'm personally high on Andre Ellington, he's gonna have a monster year) If you give up Jennings, though, I'd maybe try to get someone even better.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I like your team, and I'd absolutely try to trade either Thomas or Gronk (whoever has the better first 2-3 weeks) for a stud running back, where you are a little thin. Your WRs are fantastic, so you want to try to have one of those guys in your flex spot, and trade one of those TEs and maybe one of Jennings, Jackson, or Sproles for a big time RB who is underrated. (I'm personally high on Andre Ellington, he's gonna have a monster year) If you give up Jennings, though, I'd maybe try to get someone even better.
    Yep, echo this. Start off with Gronk and Thomas for a few weeks, if both are playing well, I'd trade Thomas and a RB for a better RB, then try to slot in one of your receivers as the flex. I think Gronk has way higher upside if healthy.

8 team, PPR league (admittedly, a lot of high risk/high reward guys):

QB: Andrew Luck, Tony Romo
    WR: Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Percy Harvin, Emmanuel Sanders
    RB: Andre Ellington, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, CJ Spiller, Shane Vereen
    TE: Gronk, Jordan Reed
    DEF: St Louis

I have a draft tonight and I have the #1 overall pick. Having trouble deciding between McCoy and Charles with that first pick. It's a 12 team league, no PPR.

My other league drafted Sunday night. It's a 12 team PPR league where you get 2 keepers each season. We start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/Flex/D/K. My keepers were McCoy and Julius Thomas. Here's what the team looks like:

QB: Kaepernick, Andy Dalton
    RB: McCoy, Spiller, Ingram, DeAngelo Williams
    WR: Jordy Nelson, Garcon, Colston, Wayne, Hartline
    TE: Thomas, Dwayne Allen
    D: Houston
    K: Hauschka (Seattle)