Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I survived! It took overtime, but onward to Week 6.
    Bob Green

Pretty tough week coming up...

I like Arizona over Washington. Zona is good and they are at home. Washington is only mediocre, but they are certainly capable of winning that game. Arizona is only a 3.5 point favorite.

If you are a fan of pick against the worst team, the Jax is in Tennessee this week. But are you really going to trust your Survivor season to the 1-4 Titans?

The most popular pick on Yahoo is Denver, but I have used them and I suspect many of you have as well. They are on the road at the Jets. That's the most obvious pick on the board, I think, even if Denver is on the road.

I'm sorta surprised at how many people (13% of Yahoo pickers) are taking Seattle. They are at home and are thought to be close to unbeatable there, but they are playing a 4-1 Dallas club that may be capable of beating anyone, anywhere, by riding Demarco Murray.

-Jason "so, who ya got this week?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Pretty tough week coming up...

I like Arizona over Washington. Zona is good and they are at home. Washington is only mediocre, but they are certainly capable of winning that game. Arizona is only a 3.5 point favorite.

If you are a fan of pick against the worst team, the Jax is in Tennessee this week. But are you really going to trust your Survivor season to the 1-4 Titans?

The most popular pick on Yahoo is Denver, but I have used them and I suspect many of you have as well. They are on the road at the Jets. That's the most obvious pick on the board, I think, even if Denver is on the road.

I'm sorta surprised at how many people (13% of Yahoo pickers) are taking Seattle. They are at home and are thought to be close to unbeatable there, but they are playing a 4-1 Dallas club that may be capable of beating anyone, anywhere, by riding Demarco Murray.

I went with Denver - don't usually take the road team but there weren't any home teams that did much for me. We will see.

I tried to pick Indianapolis this morning but for some reason it wouldn't let me. What's up with that?

And the last two go down. The No Mistakes contest is over.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I feel like I just kissed my sister. Like Cincy and Carolina I guess.

I hate being right

9 of us still alive in the 1 strike contest, including Purplengolddevil who is still unblemished.

Next week is a nightmare. I am really going to regret using Arizona this week because Arizona at Oakland is probably the best pick on the board. I might actually take Cleveland playing at Jacksonville. Putting my season in the hands of the Browns just feels wrong...

-Jason "Seattle at St. Louis? I don't see many picks I really like" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

9 of us still alive in the 1 strike contest, including Purplengolddevil who is still unblemished.
    I still haven't picked a loser. I just didn't pick a winner this week. (Solus Occasus here; Cincinnati was my pick)

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I still haven't picked a loser. I just didn't pick a winner this week. (Solus Occasus here; Cincinnati was my pick)
    Happened to me a couple of years ago when I picked the Eagles. Just like Donovan McNabb, I didn't know that avoiding picking a loser wasn't good enough to advance in survival football.
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    I didn't know that avoiding picking a loser wasn't good enough to advance in survival football.
    We can't control this, but I hate it when ties eliminate folks from Survival Football. The term "survive" implies that a loss (or death) is the way to be eliminated. If it was about picking a winner, it should be called Domination Football or something like that. Ahh well.

-Jason

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    I feel like I just kissed my sister. Like Cincy and Carolina I guess.
    Duke trivia! I had never heard this phrase before, but heard it a few times this weekend in reference to the game. So I looked it up on wikipedia and it supposedly has a Duke connection:

"The unpopularity of ties in American sports is reflected in the saying, 'A tie is like kissing your sister.' The earliest known use of the phrase was by Navy football coach Eddie Erdelatz after a scoreless tie against Duke in 1953."

Being the last one standing feels good. 😄😄

That said, my strategy has been pretty simple.

Find a bad team (usually jacksonville, St. louis, Tampa, or Oakland) and pick against them. I am sorta surprised that the one strike league is out so early. This is my first time doing this, so is this usually when it is over??

Quote Originally Posted by conmanlhughes View Post
    Being the last one standing feels good. ����
    Huh?
    Bob Green

Huh?
    Purpleandgolddevil=conmanlhughes.

Quote Originally Posted by conmanlhughes View Post
    Purpleandgolddevil=conmanlhughes.
    I think the "huh?" was in response to the fact that in a 2 strike pool, there are 9 remaining competitors. You are the only one without a miss, but the rest of us are very much alive.

Oh, and the fact that Bob won/tied the no mistakes pool with Mr. Synellinden, so he's the last one standing there.
    "There can BE only one."

I am out of the one-strike league -- Jaxsonville finally won a game and it wiped me out. I think lots of other folks fell this week too. Seattle took some people down.

-Jason

I survived with Dallas over the NY Giants. There are four contestants remaining with each having one strike.
    Bob Green

I am out of the one-strike league -- Jaxsonville finally won a game and it wiped me out. I think lots of other folks fell this week too. Seattle took some people down.

-Jason
    Me too. Weren't a lot of clear cut winners. In retrospect, picking against the Panthers would have made more sense than trusting the Browns to win on the road.
    "There can BE only one."

I went with Cleveland at home against the winless Oakland Raiders.
    Bob Green

I went with Cleveland at home against the winless Oakland Raiders.
    I've got Kansas City at home against St. Louis.

I thought I had picked KC but it appears my choice didn't actually go through. Bummer.