Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wow, if the Jags had not imploded (not that that's surprising), over 70% of people would be out in the first week. Bills still took out a lot.

I've already utilized my one strike in the one strike league.

I'm an idiot and didn't sign up...but I'll still play along on this site. Taking Detroit tonight.

Made my picks with a minute left this morning. Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Made my picks with a minute left this morning. Yikes!
    I'm out. Darn Saints! To the Browns?!?! Really?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm out. Darn Saints! To the Browns?!?! Really?!?!
    Oooooh almost picked the Saints. But now the Chefs (for DiNK) are putting up a showing against Denver... uh oh.

And Wilson! Did you really forget to pick?

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Oooooh almost picked the Saints. But now the Chefs (for DiNK) are putting up a showing against Denver... uh oh.

And Wilson! Did you really forget to pick?
    This is looking like another season to pick whoever plays the chefs. At least the Packers pulled it out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    This is looking like another season to pick whoever plays the chefs. At least the Packers pulled it out for me.
    Well they were playing the Jets.

Out of both leagues by Week 2. That was easy!

Wow, I didn't have high expectations for this but I surely thought I would make it more than 2 weeks. Who would have guessed the Bears would go into San Fran and take out the Niners in the opening game of their new stadium? I thought that was about as safe as a pick as you could make. I guess you could say the same thing about the Seahawks but at least they were on the road.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Wow, I didn't have high expectations for this but I surely thought I would make it more than 2 weeks. Who would have guessed the Bears would go into San Fran and take out the Niners in the opening game of their new stadium? I thought that was about as safe as a pick as you could make. I guess you could say the same thing about the Seahawks but at least they were on the road.
    My general rule is 1) always pick a home team, 2) always pick someone who is playing a crappy opponent. If 1) is not available, then go for 2) and hope for the best. I shied away from SF/Chicago b/c Chicago looked decent, and violated rule #2. I figured SF would win or it would be close.

But then my FF team was destroyed b/c I had SF defense and Kaepernik vs. Cutler, so I paid for it in other ways. Right before halftime I was up 10 with Kaepernick playing well and the defense pitching a shutout. By the end of the game I'd lost by 25 points. IMO, the entire game changed when SF was up 17-7 and they were in the red zone, 1st and (essentially) goal, and they opted to run the ball up the middle three times and settle for a field goal. Big mistake. Chicago marched down the field to score a second TD, then a quick turnover and Chicago TD and they are down. Don't understand as well as Kap was playing that they didn't take at least one pass attempt in the red zone.
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    My general rule is 1) always pick a home team, 2) always pick someone who is playing a crappy opponent.
    I'm taking the Patriots over the Raiders this week.
    Bob Green

I. Forgot. To pick. This week.

I went with the San Diego Chargers this week.
    Bob Green

Tampa Bay 27, Pittsburgh 24 does in four of six remaining contestants. Let's go Chargers!
    Bob Green

Woohoo! I survived! There are only two of us left in the No Mistakes contest.
    Bob Green

Is this the earliest the pool narrowed to 2? Congratulations to Bob and Mr. Synellinden.

Still four of us with clean sheets in the two strikes league. Maybe someone else (like me) mistakenly signed up only for one league this year?

I'm not feeling very confident about my pick this week, but I guess you can't always have the luxury of Jax playing on the road against a decent team.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Is this the earliest the pool narrowed to 2? Congratulations to Bob and Mr. Synellinden.
    Not sure, but our collective performance has been quite miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Not sure, but our collective performance has been quite miserable.
    Really. Should I even be proud of this? Maybe if the no strike pool ends soon - not saying I hope it will - we can start another one for the rest of the season.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013